View Poll Results: What shall we do with the Domestic Minister office?
Only Domestic Minister (leave everything as is) 2 13.33%
Split into Public Works & City Planning offices 2 13.33%
"Elected" Regional Administrators 5 33.33%
"Appointed" Regional Administrators 6 40.00%
Abstain or "do not care" 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 12, 2002, 04:56   #1
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Unofficial Poll regarding Domestic Minister office
This is an unofficial poll, and not sponsored by the government. Just one minor citizen desiring to know the opinions of the people without having to read an entire thread over and over.

The question: What is the nation's preferences regarding the office of Domestic Minister? What should be done with it?

Thank you.

This poll will expire in 6 days.

Last edited by Meshelic; December 12, 2002 at 05:01.
Old December 12, 2002, 07:05   #2
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 14:29
hi ,

a split could make things more complicated , but then again it could be a great benefit , as to deviding the workload and better planning

have a nice day
Old December 12, 2002, 07:08   #3
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

The debate previous to me posting this poll was that the Domestic Minister in it's entirety is too large for one person, and probably scares people away from running for an office.

Some of the ideas were to re-implement the Regional Administrator jobs, but make them more official by electing the administrators.

Other ideas were to bring the Domestic duties back to seperate jobs like Public Works and City Planner.

Splitting up the Domestic Minister office will probably leave more room for involvement by citizens who either wouldn't normally run for office (because of it's large responsibilities) or who just want a small job they can work on every other day without it conflicting too much with real life.

It's up to the voters, although this poll is again, unofficial....
Old December 12, 2002, 07:22   #4
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
The debate previous to me posting this poll was that the Domestic Minister in it's entirety is too large for one person, and probably scares people away from running for an office.

Some of the ideas were to re-implement the Regional Administrator jobs, but make them more official by electing the administrators.

Other ideas were to bring the Domestic duties back to seperate jobs like Public Works and City Planner.

Splitting up the Domestic Minister office will probably leave more room for involvement by citizens who either wouldn't normally run for office (because of it's large responsibilities) or who just want a small job they can work on every other day without it conflicting too much with real life.

It's up to the voters, although this poll is again, unofficial....
hi ,

sounds good but we should be carefull with regional managers , they should apply for something , otherwise some regionals shall get nice cities and some not , .....

have a nice day

edit ; typo

Last edited by Panag; December 13, 2002 at 02:28.
Old December 12, 2002, 09:57   #5
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 06:29
Quote:
Originally posted by panag

hi ,

sounds good but we should be carefull with regional mangers , they should apply for something , otherwise some regionals shall get bnice cities and some not , .....

have a nice day
That makes absolutely no sense.

Why are we making our mangers regional? We have to keep the sheep and goats somewhere more local and what difference does it make if the manger is in Bernice's city?

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; December 12, 2002 at 11:53.
Old December 12, 2002, 09:59   #6
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Old December 12, 2002, 10:27   #7
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

I'm all for elected regional administrators (maybe we could come up with an fancier name), but only if enough people show interest for the position.
The DM would remain ultimately responsible (ie, he gets to decide if the RAs are unavailable), and would give big directions.
I see the RAs as "priviledged advisors" for a region, which prectically means they give orders except if the issue is very debatable. From my experience as Minister of the Economy, I was the boss of the sliders even if I should only be an advisor

I've just came back from the PtW DG, and I think I'll get interest in the game again. I'm not sure yet, but I could run for RA in a region (well, Gaia's region of course )

Edit, scratch that, I now run for DM

Last edited by Spiffor; December 12, 2002 at 12:05.
Old December 12, 2002, 10:36   #8
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
I'm all for elected regional administrators (maybe we could come up with an fancier name), but only if enough people show interest for the position.
The DM would remain ultimately responsible (ie, he gets to decide if the RAs are unavailable), and would give big directions.
I see the RAs as "priviledged advisors" for a region, which prectically means they give orders except if the issue is very debatable. From my experience as Minister of the Economy, I was the boss of the sliders even if I should only be an advisor

I've just came back from the PtW DG, and I think I'll get interest in the game again. I'm not sure yet, but I could run for RA in a region (well, Gaia's region of course )
No one wants to run for DM, but over six people said they would run for an elected RA position.

Am I the only person who reads panag's posts? Do the rest of you have him on your ignore lists because sometimes they don't seem to have anything to do with the thread their posted in.

Maybe he's logged on to a Victoria's Secret forum somewhere and gets the threads mixed up.
Old December 12, 2002, 10:53   #9
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 08:29
Quote:
Am I the only person who reads panag's posts? Do the rest of you have him on your ignore lists because sometimes they don't seem to have anything to do with the thread their posted in.

Maybe he's logged on to a Victoria's Secret forum somewhere and gets the threads mixed up.
You're not alone on this GF. I also often have difficulty deciphering panag posts. But sometimes its worth it, he's been known to cough up the occasional very poignant remark. (I also assume he's ESL.)
Old December 12, 2002, 10:54   #10
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

I'd never put Panag on my ignore list, because he's one of my favorite posters It's just that I didn't know what he was referring to. And I also didn't know there was so much competition for RA
Old December 12, 2002, 11:47   #11
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by dejon

You're not alone on this GF. I also often have difficulty deciphering panag posts. But sometimes its worth it, he's been known to cough up the occasional very poignant remark. (I also assume he's ESL.)
The BIG question is:

Are they actually poignant (see the English language didn't purge all the Frenchie words out of itself, but the Frenchie language.......) or are they still random comments that by pure luck actually relate to the thread?

The world may never know...............

ON TOPIC: I have pulled out of the DM race and would be willing to assist Spiffor in his duties. (DM duties or Legoland duties, just send me the save and password and I'll help there too.)
Old December 12, 2002, 14:11   #12
Meshelic
King

How about instead of Regional Administrators we just call each region a state and call the administrator of that state "governor".

not original at all, but it still works. sounds better too, in my opinion....

Check out the Labor Party Thread. Panag screwed up my train of thought, TWICE. then he made fun of me and said "3rd times the charm" and I just decided to forget whatever it was i was going to write. All I could think of was Ariel Sharon in the background laughing at me. what a nightmare! Ugh!
Old December 12, 2002, 21:57   #13
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

The current system should work fine as it was set up for single elected DM with appointed reigonals. It was a shame that E_T had little or no support.
Spiffor has the right idea, The DM should set the sliders, choose (or at least advise the pres about) tech, and coordinate the reigonals. This includes stuff like... "Hey folks we expect to be at war again in 20 turns, you better start building police stations" (15 turns later) and .."Why havent you been building ANY poliece stations...

Just my 2 cents

Mss

[edit] typo... and panag next post is right, it is a two way street..."hey DM you were gonna give me that 100 gold three turns ago, now its only 88 gold .... now fork it up"

Last edited by ManicStarSeed; December 13, 2002 at 03:44.
Old December 13, 2002, 02:31   #14
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

Why are we making our mangers regional? We have to keep the sheep and goats somewhere more local and what difference does it make if the manger is in Bernice's city?
hi ,

GF , its called politics , ........ some managers shall manage to get more done in the cities they like , while others shall have to do it with less , .......

we should devide the money where its most needed , get a planning , set up a way to complain if one manager does not like the fact that his city gets nothing for 20 turns in a row , etc , .........

have a nice day