Old December 18, 2002, 05:30   #61
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 14:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
OK guys, I'm just back. It's morning here, and i'll have to go to Uni soon, so I can't catch everything back (I read this thread entirely though).
I have been busy since friday, and I couldn't do a thourought study, and couldn't do a viable regional project.

I will use a slightly modified version of Dejon's list for now :
Quote:
Central Apolyton
~ Apolyton
~ Termina
~ Tassagrad
~ Gotham
~ Banana HQ
~ Chartes
~ Timeline
~ Opiadom
~ Rheims
~ Port Rouge

Old Persia (GhengLand)
~ Susa
~ Bacteria
~ Muncie
~ Tarsus
~ Arbela
~ The Forbidden City
~ Antioch
~ Willsbury
~ Port of Malignance
~ GhengisTown

Upper Apolyton
~ Loveshack
~ Gaia
~ Geofront
~ Ubergorsk
~ Oak Ridge
~ Seeberg
~ New York
~ Del Monte
~ Chiquita
~ San Cortes

Old France
~ Macross City
~ Jerusalem
~ Here It Is
~ Heliopolis
~ Lhasa
~ Port of Where It's At
~ Avignon (El Duderino?)
~ Arcadia
~ Hole in the Wall
~ Dijon

Uber Island
~ Another Glorius City
~ Neon Uber City
~ Boomtown
~ Shiberport
~ Solace
~ Whelsh Coast
Here are the nominations :
Central Apolyton : Donegeal
Old Persia (Ghengland) : GhengisFarb
Upper Apolyton : Kloreep
Old France : Dejon
Uber Island : Panzer32

If anyone is unstaisfied with his new duty, please say so. I tried to fit individual preferences best, but I may have been wrong. If I have no feedback, I'd have no way to know whether I've been wrong or not

Thanks again for your help

Last edited by Spiffor; December 18, 2002 at 20:08.
Old December 18, 2002, 05:37   #62
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:29
/EDIT

Sorry, but I can't be an RA this term, nor can I be the Public Works deputy. At the moment duties for myself lay elsewhere in the game, and I don't want to neglect any position due to another one I'm involved in....

Last edited by Meshelic; December 18, 2002 at 06:54.
Old December 18, 2002, 05:44   #63
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:29
Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
PW is a great job, though, so I'll do it...

If you only knew what Aggie, E_T, and I were just talking about at the end of the last chat of our joint service in Term 6
Old December 18, 2002, 05:45   #64
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

If you only knew what Aggie, E_T, and I were just talking about at the end of the last chat of our joint service in Term 6
Hey no secrets!

"We have ways of making you talk...."
Old December 18, 2002, 09:29   #65
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 08:29
YAY!!! Uber Isle is under my control!!
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old December 18, 2002, 09:53   #66
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 06:29
I could divide Lower Ghengland into the Eastern five cities (the Ghenglish Coast) and the Western five cites (Ghenglish Highlands).

Ghenglish Highlands
Ghengistown
Port of Malignance
Willsbury
Antioch
The Forbidden City

Ghenglish Coast
Arbela
Muncie
Tarsus
Bacteria
Susa

Any takers for the Ghenglish Coast? Donegeal would you want to do those 5 cities or hold out for part of Upper Apolyton?
Old December 18, 2002, 18:52   #67
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

You want us to do orders for the upcoming turnchat, I assume. Do you (spiffor) want us to send them to you, or post them in the order thread?
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old December 18, 2002, 19:00   #68
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

With my nomination to the Court, I'd like to step down and allow Donegeal to manage my region. I know he was interested in serving as a RA previously and that he has more experience in this area than me.

However, if there's any problems with this, or if an area would remain unrepresented, PM me and I'll do my best to manage.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old December 18, 2002, 20:07   #69
Spiffor

Panzer :
Please post in the orders thread. I'll PM you to edit your orders if there is any problem.

Ghengis :
I think we don't have to divide any province now that both Meshelic and Togas have stepped back. I will manage workers unless someone is interested, and Donegeal will be the RA of Central Apolyton.
Old December 19, 2002, 01:31   #70
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Things are moving along. I'll got cracking on my orders once I read ET's last DM report.

Spiffor, how are you planning to do the workers? Do you want us RAs to submit regular requests for urgent PW (IE, city X is growing in 3 turns but has no free improved tiles)?

Also, I was thinking it would be nice if E_T could tell us how many units he needs/wants by Turn X; that way we could split up unit-building responsibilities, and squeeze city development in as much as possible. Probably the wrong thread, I know, but I'm just spouting my thoughts right now.
Old December 19, 2002, 02:40   #71
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
Things are moving along. I'll got cracking on my orders once I read ET's last DM report.

Spiffor, how are you planning to do the workers? Do you want us RAs to submit regular requests for urgent PW (IE, city X is growing in 3 turns but has no free improved tiles)?

Also, I was thinking it would be nice if E_T could tell us how many units he needs/wants by Turn X; that way we could split up unit-building responsibilities, and squeeze city development in as much as possible. Probably the wrong thread, I know, but I'm just spouting my thoughts right now.
I can tell you that, in general, we want a lot of military units right now, especially infantry. As for specifics or numbers, you'll have to check with E_T.
Old December 19, 2002, 03:09   #72
Arnelos
Emperor

Not that my preferences mean a whole lot... but here's my thinking because I happen to be looking at our long-term financial situation much more closely now...

My prefered national priorities aside from military units:

1. Factories

Every city needs a factory - period. In many cases, other projects should be placed on hold until a factory is complete. The increased production should significantly reduce the time it takes to build all of those other improvments and to mass produce military units. Don't worry about pollution - we have such an enormous public works corps and a working railroad network now that any pollution should be easily cleaned up in the same turn it forms. The recent discovery of replaceable parts makes this even more simplistic.

2. Marketplaces and Banks.

We need a lot more marketplaces to help handle the war weariness as it mounts over time. We also need both the marketplaces and the banks to increase our income. Things might look great right now, but the bulk of that is from a techwhoring that will wear out in 18 turns. When it wears out, we'll lose over 300 LPT in income and go right back into the hole (we were losing money before we did the techwhoring).

You might argue that we can simply keep techwhoring, but this may not be the case for a while right after these deals run out. The reason is that we'll want to refrain from techwhoring Atomic Theory and Electronics (along with Radio, which can't even be accessed w/o those previous two) until we've completed Hoover's Dam. Because Hoover's may take us time to complete, there may be a period where we do not techwhore at all and we have to go without several hundred LPT in income. We're going to need a lot more marketplaces and banks (along with starting Wall Street) to keep the empire's financial situation afloat along with the science slider up when that happens.

3. Police Stations

Especially for cities far away from the Capital or Forbidden Palace, the increase to trade should really help the financial situation down the road. Additionally, war weariness is going to be a growing problem as this War to End All Wars continues... we're simply going to need more police.

4. Hospitals

The more people, the more production and trade. The more production, the faster everything else builds. The more trade, the more money for rushbuys, upgrades, and science. Once again, don't worry about pollution because our public works corps can easily handle it.

---------------------

The above said, however, we need A LOT OF MILITARY UNITS RIGHT NOW. The consensus among those present in the last chat of Term 6 was that the nation is VERY VERY SHORT on defensive military units. That said, obviously defer to E_T on what types of military units he wants (he MAY still want a lot of cavalry or artillery, though I think we're not as short on those as we are infantry).
Old December 19, 2002, 12:27   #73
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

The ways we can boost the science rate the most in prepartion for the modern era techs are:

1. Hospitals in size 12 cities with Factories along the coast. (Greating increasing commerce and thus Science Rate) I'd like to see all the coastal cities at size 18+ before we enter the modern era.

2. Market Places & Banks : Same reasons as Arnelos

3. Hospitals in size 12 cities with Factories that aren't along the coast: This will across increase commerece and thus science. I'd like most of the non-coastal cities to be size 14+ by the time we enter the modern era.

4. Police Stations: Same reasons as Arnelos

5. Universitys. Additional Universitys will be needed by the time the modern era starts.
Old December 19, 2002, 13:13   #74
Spiffor

There are currently 9 cities without markeplace which aren't building one. They are not threatened by immediate unhappiness, because of their small size (still no aqueduct there). I will stick to E_T's plans for this one.

Also, I think I'll change all riflemen currently being worked on to infantry, except if someone disagrees.

I'll PM E_T to ask him what units he needs for his conquests, and I'll try to provide him with them ASAP. I intend to turn our factory cities in unit-farms, in order to let border cities build their vital infrastructure.

I'll start hospitals in bigger cities as soon as we produced enough troops for our war. It is indeed a very potent building, and we can afford the great population, with all our luxuries.

Since happiness is not much of an issue for now (only New York has a unhappy citizen, and almost all our cities have 100% happiness), I will build police stations as a way to fight against corruption for now. I'll build police stations in our core cities only when unhappiness will become a real threat (if the war lasts longer than expected), or when there will be nothing else to build.

Banks are important. Here's the list of productive cities without bank :
Gaia ; Port Rouge ; Termina ; Susa ; Rheims ; Arbela ; Antioch ; Tarsus ; Willsbury ; Chartres ; Bacteria ; Seeberg ; Ubergorsk ; Jerusalem ; Geofront ; Loveshack ; Another Glorious City ; Port of Malignance ; Ghengistown. Building banks in all these cities would significantly boost our income. However, most of them have other priorities for now (factories, then units, then hospitals generally). I think banks will be done when hospitals are built : the higher population will bring more food and more shields, which is as profitable as the more money from banks.
Old December 19, 2002, 14:42   #75
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Do not forget that we have Coloseums that need to be built. Personally, they should be built BEFORE the Hospitals, so that they can help buffer the War Weirness that will will be experiancing. That was my plan while DM.

E_T
Old December 19, 2002, 15:19   #76
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

With 7 luxaries + Market Place + Catherdrial + Sistine's Chapel, the government will collapse into Anarchy from WW before a size 12 city falls into disorder from WW.
Old December 19, 2002, 15:52   #77
Arnelos
Emperor

FACTORIES need to be built before any other structure once (and perhaps before in some cases) the military units are done being trained.
Old December 19, 2002, 16:00   #78
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Before I has left the DM Office, I had structured teh Queue's for what I had Generally needed and several of these other issues.

The current Preparations for our Military should be sufficent, but we shall see what will come.

No plan survives first contact with the enemy

E_T
Old December 19, 2002, 16:01   #79
E_T
Emperor

FYI, I'm working on the Final Term 6 DM Report right now. I hope to publish it shortly.

E_T
Old December 19, 2002, 16:55   #80
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

I'm noting all the above suggestions, priorites, etc. I look forward to your final DM report, E_T. I plan to do orders for my region (Old France) tomorrow afternoon.

Spiffor - would you like the order in any specific format, such as E_T's format? Shall we maintain the current system of referring to city tiles (#1, #2, etc)? Who will mediate the allocation of tiles and workers where necessary?
Old December 19, 2002, 17:05   #81
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

If Spiffor's controlling the workers, I don't think we'll need to worry about worker allocation.

Speaking of which... Spiffor, do you want the RAs to submit PW requests? (I haven't seen anything in my province that needs to be done in the next 5 turns, but I haven't taken a full look around ol' Upper Apolyton yet.) I asked this question in another post above, but I think it's gotten lost in all the posting.
Old December 19, 2002, 17:09   #82
Panzer32
Emperor

I have been working on Uber Isle orders... should be done tonight.

Same questions as dejon.
---------
May God Bless.
Old December 19, 2002, 17:13   #83
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 12:29
Hey... if any of you guys have the latest save, please post it so I can start on my orders.
Old December 19, 2002, 18:42   #84
Kloreep
Emperor

Could someone please point me to E_T's WF system (or explain it here?) The old Term 6 order threads don't have it anymore.
Old December 19, 2002, 21:03   #85
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
Could someone please point me to E_T's WF system (or explain it here?) The old Term 6 order threads don't have it anymore.
Yes, please.
Old December 19, 2002, 23:14   #86
E_T
Emperor

WF refers to Work force allocation/placement. See this image:

For further explanation on this, see this post.

If you want, you can copy it down. Or you can just use the URL that I have. It doesn't take up much space and I can leave it on there.

E_T
Old December 19, 2002, 23:21   #87
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Which do you prefer Spiffor, ET's tile numbers or the old $Mini-game use of map directions? I can post either way it will just take a little longer to convert to the number system.

DIRECTONAL LEGEND FOR TILE LOCATIONS
For Example, if the city was Timeline, the Green tile would be "Timeline wnw", and the blue tile would be "Timeline S".
Old December 19, 2002, 23:26   #88
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
If you want, you can copy it down. Or you can just use the URL that I have. It doesn't take up much space and I can leave it on there.
Personally, when I was running turnchats, writing E_T's system down on a piece of paper and having that sit next to me while running the turnchat was AWESOME. After a while though, the system became somewhat intuitive.
Old December 19, 2002, 23:28   #89
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Which do you prefer Spiffor, ET's tile numbers or the old $Mini-game use of map directions? I can post either way it will just take a little longer to convert to the number system.
I don't know about Spiffor, but as President, either works for me. When I was VP running turnchats, I had the cardinal directions system of yours from your PW orders and E_T's numbering system for his CP orders.

I will say that your directional system is more intuitive, but that E_T's system causes less confusion when there are changes in the turnchat or I have to ask for clarification.
Old December 20, 2002, 00:33   #90
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

I think there's an even easier way. Following E_T's tile ordering, but with letters instead of numbers.

Advantages:
-Less characters
-More mnemonic than numbers (for me, anyway)
-Less chance of confusion (i.e. Was that 2 Workers to #3, or 3 Workers to #2?)

But I'll go with whatever the DM prefers.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	citygrid.gif
Views:	27
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	32114