Old December 12, 2002, 23:06   #1
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 06:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
How is MP
IS it working better now?

Jon Miller
Old December 13, 2002, 04:37   #2
Franses
Civilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 13:31
For the time being I can not even find people from Apolyton to play with (and I do not play random people, have had bad experience with that with other similar games) so for me there is no way to tell. Perhaps the fact that it is this unpopular says it all?
Old December 13, 2002, 05:18   #3
bigfree1

I'd have to say 'not good' as of right now; it could change in the future if Firaxis pays attention to the requests Apolytoner's.

The one thing that does work well is 'hotseat', if that means anything to you.

Old December 13, 2002, 05:31   #4
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 06:31
Franses, have you checked out the MP player threads here? There are at least 4 from Europe.

There are others. FrustratedPoet (Britain) alva848 (Belgium) Spiffor should have it soon, and more all the time.
Old December 13, 2002, 07:26   #5
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Franses: I may join the gang in the diplo game, but I have first to fix some firewall issues in my home network. Hopefully I get things running tomorrow, NYE will help me by hosting a test game. I'll have more time to play MP games now, because I'll have a 4 weeks vacation from next week on.
Old December 13, 2002, 08:15   #6
Swissy
Civilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMRise of Nations MultiplayerIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerBtS Tri-League

Local Time: 07:31
I t works better, but not "idiot proof" yet. I encounter players who either do not know they are behind a firewall, do not know how to disable their firewall, or are to lazy to disable their firewall. Players who are not patched, but claim to be up to date. Perhaps some code to detect firewall and inform a player they can't play until disabled, would help. Still very laggy, unless everyone is on a broadband connection the game is unplayable.
Old December 13, 2002, 11:12   #7
Franses
King

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Franses, have you checked out the MP player threads here? There are at least 4 from Europe.

There are others. FrustratedPoet (Britain) alva848 (Belgium) Spiffor should have it soon, and more all the time.
I thought I did . I do not see any threads of FrustratedPoet nor Alva848 in the multiplayer threads. Am I looking in the wrong place?

My conclusion was based on an open invitation to everyone that I posted a couple of days ago here. Only 6 people read the thread until now and nobody mailed or posted me to play. I feel like having the plague or something else that is terrible.

It looks like I will play Sunday afternoon with Cybershy and some others though.
Old December 13, 2002, 11:17   #8
Franses
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph
Franses: I may join the gang in the diplo game, but I have first to fix some firewall issues in my home network. Hopefully I get things running tomorrow, NYE will help me by hosting a test game. I'll have more time to play MP games now, because I'll have a 4 weeks vacation from next week on.
That sounds promising, Sir Ralph. I may have some free time next week too. Not sure yet but whenever you are ready and feel like it, mail me or post in my thread.

I hope you will make it on Sunday. If you guys need me to do some testing you can count on me. Good luck.