Old August 19, 2000, 13:42   #1
Vultur
Warlord

Local Time: 02:47
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Making the game more interesting
Everyone knows that fighting against AI is too simple: after the first 50-100 turns you have the possibility to fight against all faction without risks, and in 150-200 turns you have the power to wipe out all the factions in a couple of turns.
But I've discovered a method that make the game much more difficult (and interesting):
[list=a][*]Select "Scenario" at the beginning of the game[*]Select "Modify Faction Strategy"[*]Select one faction[*]Select all the options[*]Repeat this for the other factions[*]Without doing anythings (Save,Exit...) select "Begin New Game"[*]Enjoy your play![/list=a]
I don't know how... but it works!
The results are:[list=a][*]AI produce a lot of bases and see bases[*]AI use a lot of missiles[*]AI builds more SP![/list=a]
If you don't build a lot of bases the game will be a true challenge, because the unique sure, rapid method to defeat the faction is to Planetbust their bases, with obvius "Planet's Anger"

"You have ****ed the Planet? Now the Planet **** you!"
--Prophet Cha Dawn
"Planet Rising"

(Thanks to FrantzX, the creator of this quote)

Try this and report your ideas and comments.
[This message has been edited by Vultur (edited August 20, 2000).]
[This message has been edited by Vultur (edited August 20, 2000).]
Old August 19, 2000, 17:34   #2
stuntman19
Prince

Local Time: 01:47
I think from reading other old threads people know this, but do not want to have to go into scenario and do this process for each faction. Also you cannot use the random faction option with this mode. From what I understand others are looking for a way to use all random options by writing into the program to make the AI more powerful, or think it is, because it behaves different then. I do agree with what you are saying though because the one base challanges on huge maps or static starts(pressing enter without doing anything for 30-50 turns at start of game)do let the AI get a power chart lead and they do seem to behave differently.
Old August 19, 2000, 18:27   #3
FrantzX
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Warlord

Local Time: 20:47
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Yo Vultur, I created that quote for Cha Dawn. You can use it, but give props to me.
Old August 20, 2000, 10:55   #4
Vultur
Warlord

Local Time: 02:47
quote:

Originally posted by stuntman19 on 08-19-2000 05:34 PM
From what I understand others are looking for a way to use all random options by writing into the program to make the AI more powerful, or think it is, because it behaves different then.

For random option would be used (example mixed factions) in a different way:[list=a][*]Enter in the random game normally[*]Save at your 1st turn[*]Activate scenario option[*]Activate the options[*]Play as a scenario[/list=a]
quote:

Originally posted by stuntman19 on 08-19-2000 05:34 PM
I do agree with what you are saying though because the one base challanges on huge maps or static starts do let the AI get a power chart lead and they do seem to behave differently.

I'm trying to change tech-tree and other things to making the things more diffult, but my work is not yet ready to be tested.
Try this modification on ALPHA(X).TXT
3,1 Artillery damage
100,100,100 % Artillery damage
Increase Ocean Shelf
Decrease Flying rate of elicopter.

Old August 20, 2000, 11:26   #5
stuntman19
Prince

Local Time: 01:47
Vultur:

Thanx for input vultur, have done some similar modifications to text, but haven't had time to test them through a whole game.
It really sucks when real world obligations conflict with my smac playing....lol.

Later