Old December 19, 2002, 00:17   #31
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 04:36
Local Date: November 1, 2010
No chance at all.That goes for future GTA titles as well.Rockstar signed on for exclusively PS2 of the consoles.Sony must have paid BIG bucks to them.
Old December 19, 2002, 00:24   #32
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 06:36
The exclusivity contract only runs until 2004, I believe. I know that it will end in a few years.
Old December 22, 2002, 01:09   #33
Kc7mxo
King

Local Time: 07:36
Quote:
With multiplayer...right?
yeah right. rumor is there won't be any multi, though if we're lucky gta4 might have it.

i was really dissapointed when gta3 didn't have multi. We used to play multiplayer gta2 for hours in our dorm. It was a blast. EVERYONE's computer could run it , so there was rarely a problem getting players. Loads of fun.
Old December 22, 2002, 06:25   #34
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 14:36
Quote:
Originally posted by Kc7mxo
We used to play multiplayer gta2 for hours in our dorm. It was a blast. EVERYONE's computer could run it , so there was rarely a problem getting players. Loads of fun.
You mean, you didn't have any problems at all?

In every MP GTA2 game, I've played, at some time, there always ended up being out of sync (But somehow it was "funny" to see one screen a player jumping into the ocean, while on the other screen he's driving around in a car ). And since out MP games, always was being played in the same room, we could always hear when someone makes a kill:

Player1: Yes, I finally got you, but what the hell where you doing, you danced around this place for a long time?
Player2: What do mean, you killed me? I have been chasing (and still is) Player3 for the last 5 minutes... I'm just at his tail, though he's got a faster car than mine...

But yes... really sad, they didn't include MP (and don't include it) in GTA3. It has a lot of possibilities, for different MP types...
Old December 22, 2002, 13:35   #35
Kc7mxo
King

Local Time: 07:36
Well. . . . we did have problems. But mostly connectivity issues. I don't recall the game ever getting out of sync like that.

Ahh. . . yelling at your neighbors. Thats the way we did things allright. UT was the same as well . . .
Old December 22, 2002, 14:17   #36
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

What? No MP..

/me kicks the nearest person
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old December 22, 2002, 15:52   #37
Lemmy
King

Yep, it's still fun
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	flying2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	32332  
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Old December 23, 2002, 01:22   #38
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 08:36
Quote:
Originally posted by Eli
It's a great game. Dont play it before driving.
I know. There's been a couple times while driving around I've thought, "I wonder if I can get a Triple Insane stunt bonus with that speed bump?" Or things like that; you know, just a brief glimpse of an idea to do something crazy.
Old December 23, 2002, 15:42   #39
Smash
Emperor

Never did get the hang of that darn Dodo.No, I have never seen Ghost Town because of it.At least in Vice City they threw some wings on the airplanes
Old December 23, 2002, 16:37   #40
Lemmy
King

I didn't figure it myself either, but i read a tutorial somewhere.
Basically the trick is, if you want to go up, you have to go down first..

Here's how you take off:
You align yourself on the runway off course, and then you press the dodo down button, i forgot what the default was, it should show somehwere in your config, as turret up/down, or dodo up/down.
So you're standing there pressing the down button (not down arrow, i'll call that the brake button). Then you accelerate, keeping the down button pressed. Yyou keep accelerating, and after a while, you'll notice the nose of the dodo going down, when it starts scraping the floor (you'll see sparks coming off), you can release the down button, and jump up in the air. But don't release the down button for to long, or you'll stall and crash.
For your first flight i'd recommend taking the left runway, it doesn't require you to evade any bulidings on the other island.

To gain altitude, you first go down a few feet, let the dodo align itself and it'll raise a few feet.
Old December 23, 2002, 16:43   #41
Lemmy
King

Once you get the hang of it, you can pretty much land anywhere, even on buildings.

This is where i got the cops after me, they can't hurt you if you're up there, and the building is just long and high enough to take off from again after you got 6 stars.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	flying3.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	32408  
Old December 23, 2002, 21:33   #42
Smash
Emperor

I'm gonna have to learn how to fly the dodo or I'll have to drive it all the way to the import/export garage

I must have read the same tutorial but without the same results.IIRC I managed a 9 second flight
Old December 24, 2002, 06:20   #43
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Smash
I'm gonna have to learn how to fly the dodo or I'll have to drive it all the way to the import/export garage
I haven't learned to fly that dodo yet, so I actually drove it all the way to the export/import garage... I wonder what the citicense of Liberty City would think of that (to see a plane drive by...)
Old December 24, 2002, 08:04   #44
Lemmy
King

Flying the dodo is fun, it's all i do now, trying to land on every building that looks landable..

Quote:
Once you get the hang of it, you can pretty much land anywhere, even on buildings.
When i said that, i didn't know how true that was...untill i crash-landed the plane here...unfortunately i fell off the platform when i walked around to enjoy the scenery

Old December 24, 2002, 08:24   #45
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 12:36
great screenshots
Old December 24, 2002, 15:05   #46
Smash
Emperor

lol..I can barely get the thing off the ground and you are landing on buildings and towers

whats' wrong with this picture?

Heading to the airport now
Old December 28, 2002, 10:31   #47
Lemmy
King

For faster take offs, i've increased the Dodo's acceleration to 30, about the same as the Cheetah and Banshee, i can now take from on pretty much any street, as long as it doesn't end up against a building. I also increased the top speed, but that doesn't seem to have an effect. I think that when it hits a certain speed on the ground, it takes off, and you can't accelerate any further with the throttle. And i also made it invulnerable, so i can crash and continue anywhere.
Old December 28, 2002, 15:12   #48
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Could someone please tell me, what keyboard buttons to press (I'm using the default keyboard configuration), to get that dodo flying for more than 3 sec..?
Old December 28, 2002, 18:42   #49
Lemmy
King

eh...i forgot the default config, but you can look it up in your control settings, the controls are called "Dodo up" and "Dodo down"

It may have been home and end...but i'm really not sure.
Old December 28, 2002, 19:10   #50
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Ok, thx, I'll take a look... some other day, I'm getting too tired to fly the dodo