View Poll Results: Which Party do you belong to?
Democratic Industrialists of Apolyton (DIA) 15 30.00%
Hawk Party 7 14.00%
Apolyton Labor Party 6 12.00%
none, I'm an Independant 22 44.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 21, 2002, 21:59   #61
Nolan
Civilization III Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
In many ways thats true, we feel like we're backed by a higher party though, and also unlike the hawks we want people in organised religion, in fact we will base a lot of our policies on religious beliefs, has something like a "Book of the Bananna" been written?

Regards
Old December 21, 2002, 22:06   #62
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:38
I do not believe so, regarding "Book of the Banana"

[Roleplay]
You can understand, that although I wouldn't oppose the creation of a religious right party, I have been offering sacrifices to the Great Banana for many a time now, and I sense that there are some who may be more fanatical.

There are some who doubt Aggie is the Prophet, and those who believe it. My own mind is not made up about it. I know Aggie only as the greatest General, and an accomplished President. To have one of my contemporaries become a prophet, well, it is a little strange.
[/Roleplay]
Old December 21, 2002, 22:37   #63
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:38
Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
[Roleplay]
To have one of my contemporaries become a prophet, well, it is a little strange.
[/Roleplay]
[rp]

That is because, Mr. Chairman, he is a false prophet and thus (as a result) a blasphemer...

This is the same man who tried to have himself crowned emperor shortly after the transition to democracy I had just successfully sheparded as Acting President (being Vice President at the time) during the term before his own

[/rp]
Old December 21, 2002, 22:52   #64
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

[Roleplay]

Arnelos, my friend and opponent, the Great Banana has led us through many a trying time. We have always kept our faith in it strong!

Should he be a true blasphemer and heretic, then he will suffer the wrath of the Banana when he passes on.

A great division I sense in the path of our nation. These fundamentalist fanatics could become a terror to our nation! But we know not who they are! They are our own people!

At least when we invaded France or Persia we could tell the enemy. But are the religious right really the enemy, Mr. President?

[/Roleplay]
Old December 22, 2002, 10:29   #65
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 14:38
Quote:
panag you should stop inciting Shiber, I really think he was just roleplaying, not trying to be a jerk

you must love to argue, Shiber might too

and yes citizens can change their vote, but at the same time, more people have voted so I'll leave this poll open for a little bit...

Meshelic
hi ,

Meshelic , stay out of this , some people shall prefer to shoot you in the crossfire , .......

false accusations are not roleplay , getting personal is not roleplay , ........

what he did superseeds of being a jerk , ........

now , drop it and stop it , shiber seems to love to do this ones in a while for no logical reason whatsoever , .....

so have a nice day and merry X-mass
Old December 22, 2002, 17:44   #66
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by panag

hi ,

Meshelic , stay out of this , some people shall prefer to shoot you in the crossfire , .......

false accusations are not roleplay , getting personal is not roleplay , ........

what he did superseeds of being a jerk , ........

now , drop it and stop it , shiber seems to love to do this ones in a while for no logical reason whatsoever , .....

so have a nice day and merry X-mass
?? ??

Oookayyy.......then how come you get all personal when I'M roleplaying?

I wasn't saying shiber was right, and i wasn't saying you are right either. I haven't taken a side. Why are you accusing ME of making false accusations? What did I do to YOU? Who did I accuse of anything in RL?

Geez I'm not the enemy panag, but you really seem to want to make any enemy out of me. Funny thing is there really is NO enemy at all.

But my hands are up and I come in peace. Shoot me if you plan to.
Mesh
Old December 23, 2002, 10:17   #67
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

?? ??

Oookayyy.......then how come you get all personal when I'M roleplaying?

I wasn't saying shiber was right, and i wasn't saying you are right either. I haven't taken a side. Why are you accusing ME of making false accusations? What did I do to YOU? Who did I accuse of anything in RL?

Geez I'm not the enemy panag, but you really seem to want to make any enemy out of me. Funny thing is there really is NO enemy at all.

But my hands are up and I come in peace. Shoot me if you plan to.
Mesh
hi ,

Mesh , you dont want to know the little details , the best thing to do is to stay far away from it , ......

its not the first time that two enemies have joined hands for a short time just to get rid of a sometimes innocent bystander

and for the record ; you did not do anything wrong what so ever , not even with roleplay , and its not you who posts lies or false accusations , .......

and one small piece of advice , if you come , when you come , dont put your hands up , ........

no-body plans to shoot you for something you believe you did wrong , ........

, however there is that little matter of you forming the labour party , .......

-

have a nice day

P.S. ; did you check your insurance to see if your covered in case of a stray bullet from the shooting range

> Meshelic on the phone with the insurance company
Old December 23, 2002, 10:36   #68
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 08:38
OK - now I have to wade into it here. Panag - your post is inherently unfair. Look at it!

The gray guy on the left gets off three shots to only one shot by the turquoise guy on the right. Unless he is a better shot, or is wearing body armor, I really have to protest.
Old December 23, 2002, 11:34   #69
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound
OK - now I have to wade into it here. Panag - your post is inherently unfair. Look at it!

The gray guy on the left gets off three shots to only one shot by the turquoise guy on the right. Unless he is a better shot, or is wearing body armor, I really have to protest.
hi ,

, look , the one guy belongs to one group who makes rifles of a small caliber but it can fire a lot of rounds a minute , the other one is a guy from an other party who has a larger rifle but it can only fire at slow rates , ....... together they try to shoot Meshelic , ..... but no need to worry , very soon a factory shall be build that makes vests , very soon , .....

have a nice day

Last edited by Panag; December 23, 2002 at 11:51.
Old December 23, 2002, 11:41   #70
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

A word of advice: when you make such violent remarks, at least put them inside [rp] clauses. Otherwise it might look like you actually mean what you're saying.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 23, 2002, 11:53   #71
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
A word of advice: when you make such violent remarks, at least put them inside [rp] clauses. Otherwise it might look like you actually mean what you're saying.
apolyton and civ3 have been doing fine for a long time without them , so why would one have to start now

bye
Old December 23, 2002, 15:51   #72
Meshelic
King

Panag are you trying to gun me down? In public nonetheless?

It appears that I must now recall the Shadow Service from Rome, in matters of greater importance. To provide protection for Labor-ites, and to protect ALP's construction of our headquarters.

Panag, you should fear the Shadow Service. They may not have a lot of smilies to back them up, but....

well I can't get into it without making a threat, and you are the VP after all. So consider this a "veiled threat".

However, as VP you have also involved yourself in extreme matters that run along illegal and anti-constitutional lines....
Old December 23, 2002, 16:00   #73
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
well I can't get into it without making a threat, and you are the VP after all.
That never stopped your Shadow Service before...
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 23, 2002, 22:03   #74
Meshelic
King

Quote:

That never stopped your Shadow Service before...

Well their purpose was originally to PROTECT the members of the Executive branch.

Hmm...>I don't think I want to order them on an assassination mission,....yet.

Meshelic
Old December 24, 2002, 14:23   #75
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Panag are you trying to gun me down? In public nonetheless?

It appears that I must now recall the Shadow Service from Rome, in matters of greater importance. To provide protection for Labor-ites, and to protect ALP's construction of our headquarters.

Panag, you should fear the Shadow Service. They may not have a lot of smilies to back them up, but....

well I can't get into it without making a threat, and you are the VP after all. So consider this a "veiled threat".

However, as VP you have also involved yourself in extreme matters that run along illegal and anti-constitutional lines....
hi ,

nope panag does not try to kill you , ..........

only trying to warn you of a possible sniper attack , ........

well its sometimes needed to do some things in order to guard the greater public against dangers , ......

officially ; "no comment"

have a nice day

and seasonal greetings
Old December 24, 2002, 14:33   #76
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

Well their purpose was originally to PROTECT the members of the Executive branch.

Hmm...>I don't think I want to order them on an assassination mission,....yet.

Meshelic
hi ,

all missions that concern the stability of the state have to be approved first by the top of the cabinet , then the judges give a final go , ...... no mission what so ever is allow on our own soil , however its possible to get rid of certain induviduals while they are visting our great nation and stay here

as for the shadows , well they are good , but even they know the masters when push comes to shove , .....

have a nice day

Last edited by Panag; December 24, 2002 at 19:11.
Old December 24, 2002, 15:15   #77
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 08:38
back on topic, there are more hawks than there are Labor-dudes!

hahaha, we are still lurking, quietly, ready to strike...
Old December 24, 2002, 18:19   #78
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by jdd2007
back on topic, there are more hawks than there are Labor-dudes!

hahaha, we are still lurking, quietly, ready to strike...
Actually take one vote from Independant and put it on the ALP. Kloreep joined when this poll first started.

the Hawks and ALP are equal in membership and support.
Old December 24, 2002, 18:21   #79
Meshelic
King

Quote:

hi ,

all missions that concern the stbility of the state have to be approved first by the top of the cabinet , then the judges give a final go , ...... no mission what so ever is allow on our own soil , however its possible to get rid of certain induviduals while they are visting our great nation and stay here

as for the shadows , well they are good , but even they know the masters when push comes to shove , .....

have a nice day
There is no master of the Shadow Service but I. And their missions are expressly ordered at my discretion. The Senate need not approve or disprove; it is not their place to decide what is done with the Shadow Service until the Shadows are financially supported by the government. Since I AM the one who financially provides for the Shadows, they are mine to do with as I please.

Of course, GhengisFarb owns a portion too. Right, Ghengis?
Old December 24, 2002, 19:14   #80
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

There is no master of the Shadow Service but I. And their missions are expressly ordered at my discretion. The Senate need not approve or disprove; it is not their place to decide what is done with the Shadow Service until the Shadows are financially supported by the government. Since I AM the one who financially provides for the Shadows, they are mine to do with as I please.

Of course, GhengisFarb owns a portion too. Right, Ghengis?
hi ,

, so thats where some of our lytons go to , and we tought i was because of corrution , .......

well at least you came clean with it , if you stop to steal from our vaults now , all shall be forgiven , GF , you to , and stop building that supergun GF , you are not going to build it

have a nice christmas day
Old December 24, 2002, 20:31   #81
Meshelic
King

I resent that. No government money has been stolen whatsoever. The funds provided for the Shadow Service have been used very carefully, and have been mostly provided through my monetary reward for exploring and discovering the Lost Civz long ago. Shiber was with me, he knows too. He got a reward similar. The Shiber & Meshelic Expedition allowed me to personally fund the Shadow Service, and through various donations here and there the Shadows have been able to barely stay alive.
Old December 24, 2002, 21:42   #82
Nolan
Chieftain

rp}

Do not let the Shadow service be dismantled, the Great Bananna looks down upon it favourably, if they are ever in trouble get in touch with Aggie, or if he is not avaliable talk to me, and ARMS will be willing to provide what assistance we can

rp}
Old December 25, 2002, 12:25   #83
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
I resent that. No government money has been stolen whatsoever. The funds provided for the Shadow Service have been used very carefully, and have been mostly provided through my monetary reward for exploring and discovering the Lost Civz long ago. Shiber was with me, he knows too. He got a reward similar. The Shiber & Meshelic Expedition allowed me to personally fund the Shadow Service, and through various donations here and there the Shadows have been able to barely stay alive.
hi ,

, you dont pay tax on it , ....... you better start to do so , the DIA has always payed its due's , so pay the money , ....

no wonder some of those guys dont want a police station in town , .......

have a nice day

Old December 25, 2002, 16:22   #84
Meshelic
King

Quote:

hi ,

, you dont pay tax on it , ....... you better start to do so , the DIA has always payed its due's , so pay the money , ....

no wonder some of those guys dont want a police station in town , .......

have a nice day

Any more accusations you'd like to start making up and throwing at me Panag? Because, really, it's getting boring having to respond to this kind of stuff.
Old December 25, 2002, 16:59   #85
Shiber
Emperor

I second. Nothing personal here Panag and Meshelic, it's just that it's becoming really monotonous roleplay. Panag accuses Meshelic of something, Meshelic replies, sometimes with throwing an accusation back at Panag; Panag makes a sniper threat, Meshelic makes a secret service reference... and so on.
Let's get original here people! This is why we need a Coffee Shop / Tavern thread like I suggested.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 25, 2002, 19:16   #86
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 07:38
A question to the ALP how do you plan to help the workers?
Old December 25, 2002, 20:12   #87
Meshelic
King

Quote:
I second. Nothing personal here Panag and Meshelic, it's just that it's becoming really monotonous roleplay. Panag accuses Meshelic of something, Meshelic replies, sometimes with throwing an accusation back at Panag; Panag makes a sniper threat, Meshelic makes a secret service reference... and so on.
Let's get original here people! This is why we need a Coffee Shop / Tavern thread like I suggested.
I'm glad you agree. I've been rather bored with this form of roleplay for awhile now.
Old December 25, 2002, 20:15   #88
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimitz
In the game itself there is really little that can be done for the workers. I mean, they build railroads, irrigate, build mines, and that's their job. They don't need the help in terms of gameplay.

Roleplay-wise however, there are a few more possibilities to focus on. And I'll let you know, Nimitz, as soon as the ALP starts hammering out our issues and policies.
Old December 25, 2002, 22:05   #89
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimitz
I am interested too Meshelic. As you may have noticed in the emancipation threads, I'm a liberal and stick to equality before the law, freedom of religion and freedom in a broader sense. Labour and liberalism have some views to share, like on the emancipationquestion.
Please let me know about helping workers and other APL views.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old December 26, 2002, 01:23   #90
Nolan
Chieftain

rp}

Ultimately the hard work of the workers is seen as require by ARMS in the religious sense, because it is a way that the workers can show there dedication and willing to sacrifice to the Great Bananna, remove that opportunity and they suffer in the afterlife, which lasts for eternity

rp}

Regards