Old December 15, 2002, 13:10   #1
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 08:39
Local Date: November 1, 2010
We need to have some kind of resolution
We need to resolve whatever issues are currently present. If we want to have one more turnchat before the end of this term (i.e. Tues, 12/17), we need to have some things decided before then.

I would like to have this Term have one more Gameplay, before the new Admin takes office on the 18th.

What does the Senate Wish on this, should the game continue?

E_T
Old December 15, 2002, 13:45   #2
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Just so that everybody knows what has happened
Here is a close-up screen shot of Hole in the Wall area, just before Rome had declared on us. The situation had become a bit Untenuable with a Russian crossing our Border.

It my have just been moving to the other Russian City, but we weren't certain. And with 14 Roman Units on our Land, we needed to get the MPP's activated, if he had decided to declare (which he did) when we had told him to go home.

E_T
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	hole-1250-pre war.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	31763  
Old December 15, 2002, 13:51   #3
E_T
Emperor

We then Forcibly Removed most Roman Forces
After we had told Rome to go home, He declared WAR.

We then Destroyed 12 of the 14 Roman Units that were on our Land. We lost 2 Cavalry in the fight, score was ROME 2; BANANA 12. We decided to NOT attack the Units in the Trees, as we didn't want to lose any more Cavalry.

Here's the post fight Picture.

E_T
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	hole-1250-post fight.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	31764  
Old December 15, 2002, 13:56   #4
E_T
Emperor

City of Abandonment
I don't know why this wasn't done by the President during this game turn, It was in my orders for 1250AB (D-Turn minus 2), so I've done it myself. I'll post a new save for 1250AB soon, as I'm setting up a few other things.

Please note that we have taken over 1 of the German Iron sources with this new City's placement. If they were exporting their other source of Iron, they currently have none to use.

E_T
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	abandonment.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	31765  
Old December 15, 2002, 13:58   #5
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 14:39
hi ,

, has anyone some warplan against rome , ....

a two front war is not easy but it can work out for us , .....

however we need to do something about our armed forces , ........

have a nice day
Old December 15, 2002, 14:12   #6
E_T
Emperor

The Plan & What I propose
The Plan for Abandonment is to Rush the Temple there next turn, then to start building a settler.

When we take Stuttgart, we will have to hold it for 1 turn, so that our bombardement forces are able to Advance to Berlin and they will start to Bombard the City on the next turn.

We should either have the Settler for New Stuttgart ready to go at that location (after Abandonment's Borders Expand) or to move and Place it right when the Borders Expand. After New Stuttgart's Borders have Expanded (we'll need to one turn Rush a Temple there), can we rush the settler in Abandonment (if the Pop is at 2) and have the Settler for some other new City Site. This will most likely happen on D-Turn plus 8 to 10.

The Roman Situation should wait (i.e. Defensive only), at least until we have most of the 1st set of German Objectives obtained. Then we can think about taking Brundisium (and It's Incense) from Rome. Hopefully, this will coincide with the ending of our MPP's and we can safely make peace terms with Rome (without being dragged back in through the MPP's).

E_T
Old December 15, 2002, 15:13   #7
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:39
E_T,
IMO, we should continue the game. The plan seems to be a good one. Will work fine, I think.
And great graphics, too. Are you using the Sn00py's terrain mod?
Old December 15, 2002, 15:30   #8
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:39
The critical question for the FAM is whether Rome is a long-term war (in which case I need military alliances) or peace ASAP (in which case I do NOT ask for military alliances and we try to get a peace agreement before too many nations ally with Rome against us).
Old December 15, 2002, 15:40   #9
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

We'll have the ability to upgrade cannons to artillery in 4 turns. Artillery can bombard up to 2 tiles away and has a rate of fire of 2, so I expect we'll want to upgrade a few cannons. We'll also want to upgrade some riflemen to the more modern infantry units. In short, we need to put some money aside for these upgrades.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 15, 2002, 15:47   #10
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
We'll have the ability to upgrade cannons to artillery in 4 turns. Artillery can bombard up to 2 tiles away and has a rate of fire of 2, so I expect we'll want to upgrade a few cannons. We'll also want to upgrade some riflemen to the more modern infantry units. In short, we need to put some money aside for these upgrades.
If the many alliances against Germany go into place as planned and we can deny Germany a source of rubber, this might make our war against them even more effective
Old December 15, 2002, 15:53   #11
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Hmm... if we can deny rubber to Germany (and also to Rome, if the war continues) then we'll be able to whore replaceable parts without concerns of having to confront German/Roman infantry, and thus fund most of the upgrades. Niiice.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 15, 2002, 16:13   #12
E_T
Emperor

We'll have RP in 3 turns, not 4. If events turn out for the best, we might be able to delay the start of thw War with Germany until D-turn plus 2.

I'm against giving RP to anyone at this time. If we get SM first AND nobody still has RP, then I say that we sell RP off.

As for a possible Pease with Rome, we will have to wait until the MPP's run out. Otherwise, we'll get dragged back into it, the next turn or two afterwards.

E_T
Old December 15, 2002, 16:17   #13
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
As for a possible Pease with Rome, we will have to wait until the MPP's run out. Otherwise, we'll get dragged back into it, the next turn or two afterwards.
This is only true if Rome attacks one of them on their soil. Now if we hadn't signed that MPP with Russia...
Old December 15, 2002, 16:18   #14
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I ahev offered to regin in another thread, however if the people do not desire this, we will have another chat on the 18th.
Aggie
Old December 15, 2002, 16:20   #15
E_T
Emperor

Doesn't the new term start on the 18th?

E_T
Old December 15, 2002, 16:24   #16
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

This is only true if Rome attacks one of them on their soil. Now if we hadn't signed that MPP with Russia...
It will be at least 5 turns from now before there is even the possibility of approching Rome about anything, so that should not matter for this next Gameplay (if we do 5 turns).

As for Alliances, I say no.

E_T
Old December 15, 2002, 16:58   #17
E_T
Emperor

Quote:

Our Southern Flank would not be secured. Then the only option currently would be (with Russia) to have an Alliance against Rome and HAVE to be limited to a full 20 turn war OR the possibility of having Russia Ally with Rome against Us. That would be distastarous to our German plans, if that were to happen.

Atleast with the MPP, if all of the combatants declare Peace in 5 turns or so, then we can too. If not, we have only 18 turns until the MPP's run out and we can have a separate Peace with Rome, without having to deal with being dragged back in.

E_T
Old December 15, 2002, 17:11   #18
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I was thinking the 18th was the last chat but if I am incorrect lets do it the 17th. Regardless ET you will be acting SMC during the chat, however we can play most smc by ear. I was going to propose a plan but your plan seems close to mine except for the areas I have mentioned mainly I DO want attacks on cities in germany at the opening of the war. I leave you in command with this word of wisdom do not fear some loses, particularly the first turn, sometimes waiting for cannon to come up delays operation too long, in stuggart this is necessary, but against any NON metro, loses do to calvary storming are acceptable.
Aggie
Old December 15, 2002, 17:23   #19
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
I was thinking the 18th was the last chat but if I am incorrect lets do it the 17th. Regardless ET you will be acting SMC during the chat, however we can play most smc by ear. I was going to propose a plan but your plan seems close to mine except for the areas I have mentioned mainly I DO want attacks on cities in germany at the opening of the war. I leave you in command with this word of wisdom do not fear some loses, particularly the first turn, sometimes waiting for cannon to come up delays operation too long, in stuggart this is necessary, but against any NON metro, loses do to calvary storming are acceptable.
Aggie
hi ,

, most of the germans shall be inside the cities , it would be better to draw most of the german units in the open where we can kill them better , we should wait until art. and infantry , ....... ones the germans are away from the cities we should launch a speedy attack towards the cities with cavalry , ..... we need some more cav. units aswell , .....

have a nice day
Old December 15, 2002, 23:46   #20
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
Aggie
Aggie,

This works. Please post a chat time / chat orders thread. Thanks!
Old December 16, 2002, 00:00   #21
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Aggie,

This works. Please post a chat time / chat orders thread. Thanks!
oops. I see it now
Old December 16, 2002, 00:42   #22
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:39
Once Rome declared war on us, did any of our MPP partners declare war on Rome?

Once the MPP is activated by a Roman attack on any unit within our borders, our MPP allies will declare and once that occurs, we cannot have peace with Rome until the MPP runs out.

If we make peace, the pact will force us to redeclare war again, breaking our peace treaty.

No party can back out of a MPP until the thing runs out.

That being said, we need only wait for the MPPs to trigger, remove the threat, and, perhaps, aid our weaker allies in the south as they fight Rome.

... and I definately feel we should scale back Germany a turn to two to weather the initial Roman invasion, to give our allies a chance to fight this one for us, and to allow us to get Replaceable Parts and the military units that it brings.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old December 16, 2002, 01:16   #23
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
... and I definately feel we should scale back Germany a turn to two to weather the initial Roman invasion, to give our allies a chance to fight this one for us, and to allow us to get Replaceable Parts and the military units that it brings.
"No plan survives first contact with the enemy."

Old December 16, 2002, 01:17   #24
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 06:39
Look closely at the second attachment. I will be amazed if that Roman rifleman in the woods will be able to restrain himself from attacking the longbowman. This will clinch the mpp's.
Old December 16, 2002, 10:10   #25
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
E_T,
IMO, we should continue the game. The plan seems to be a good one. Will work fine, I think.
And great graphics, too. Are you using the Sn00py's terrain mod?
I'm actually using a mix of the original & SnOOpy's mods. I didn't like the looks of his Irrigation, but I love his Trees & Jungle. You can actually tell what they are.

E_T
Old December 16, 2002, 19:56   #26
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

"No plan survives first contact with the enemy."

hi ,

thats why Shiber should come up with a "fase two" plan

and we should get some more cav units

have a nice day
Old December 17, 2002, 03:58   #27
Shiber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
and we should get some more cav units
Do you ever look at the save before you say these things?
Can you tell me how many fast units (cavalry), garrisons (riflemen, soon infantry) and bombardment units (cannons, soon artillery) we currently have? Even rough figures would be accepted.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 17, 2002, 11:47   #28
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber

Do you ever look at the save before you say these things?
Can you tell me how many fast units (cavalry), garrisons (riflemen, soon infantry) and bombardment units (cannons, soon artillery) we currently have? Even rough figures would be accepted.
hi ,

shiber its not going to work , so stop it

and it would be nice for the future that you would stop doing what you are doing now , ......

have a nice day
Old December 17, 2002, 17:39   #29
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

wha????

Whats Shiber doing?
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.