Old December 16, 2002, 15:51   #1
our_man
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 13:43
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Scott F's Great War?
I decided I'd have another go of Scott F's Great War scenario - except I couldn't find it on my computer anymore! Damn 70GB HD... Everything gets lost on it.

I can't remember where I downloaded it from in the first place since it was a beta version. Does anybody know where I can download it from or, alternatively, can someone who has it send it to me please? Thanks.
Old December 16, 2002, 17:28   #2
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 07:43
i don't think it ever had a general release. i think this is the latest version i got, i saw an older one lying around too
Attached Files:
File Type: zip great war part1.zip (419.0 KB, 47 views)
Old December 16, 2002, 17:29   #3
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Attached Files:
File Type: zip great war part2.zip (322.8 KB, 44 views)
Old December 16, 2002, 18:58   #4
our_man
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Thanks H Tower!

Time to take command of the Confederate States and show them damn yankees who's boss!
Old December 17, 2002, 01:25   #5
Jimmywax
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 06:43
Are you just finishing it up or going through and redoing it? Is there even a finished version out?
Old December 17, 2002, 06:28   #6
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 22:43
I think that Scott said that the version we were using in the playtest PBEM was essenially complete. He was going to do a few more graphics for the late war period, but that was it. It's a shame he disappeared after the cheating incident (which seemed totally out of character)
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old December 17, 2002, 11:48   #7
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmywax
Are you just finishing it up or going through and redoing it? Is there even a finished version out?
i'm not changing the game or anything, i just have the scn left over from when i was play testing it for scott.
Old December 17, 2002, 15:55   #8
Jimmywax
Prince

Ok, I thought he had a few more events to write for the last year of the war. Hell, if it is complete I might start playing a game right now. I stopped before because I didn't think it was done.
Old December 17, 2002, 16:01   #9
Jimmywax
Prince

I just remembered that Art of War over at CivFan is working on another version of Turtledove's war. He is going to include fighting in South America and more in the Pacific though I guess.
Old December 18, 2002, 13:23   #10
Paul Hanson
King

Ah, Great War. Where the key to victory was simply to build nothing but chlorine gas, then bombard your opponents into submission.

I did it with the British and captured the entire eastern seaboard of the US, along with most of Germany, including Berlin.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.
Old December 18, 2002, 15:08   #11
H Tower

yep, chlorine and howitzers ruled
Old December 19, 2002, 03:31   #12
Soundwave
Prince

Local Time: 00:43
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Where can you get the most recent verision, i downloaded the one thats here, but the confederates dont research conscription tech, e.g.1913, 1912, 1911, 1909 and so on like the verision i once had till a stupid computer buggared up!!
Old December 19, 2002, 03:46   #13
H Tower

AFAIK, it is the most recent version, i have an older version lying around too though
Old December 19, 2002, 12:23   #14
Jimmywax
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Soundwave
Where can you get the most recent verision, i downloaded the one thats here, but the confederates dont research conscription tech, e.g.1913, 1912, 1911, 1909 and so on like the verision i once had till a stupid computer buggared up!!
I never did get that, why did he have you research those going backwards chronologically? I must have missed something somewhere.

Soundwave: are you back for good or just popping in to visit?
Old December 19, 2002, 12:56   #15
H Tower

the reason you went backwards with teh conscription class is that you take the people who served most recently first, the younger men.

class of 1913 served in the army in 1913
class of 1912 served in 1912
class of 1911 served in 1911
etc, etc...

that also means that when you take the newer consription classes, you're bringing in the younger men first
Old December 19, 2002, 13:24   #16
Jimmywax
Prince

OOhhhhhhh! duh!
Old December 20, 2002, 03:13   #17
Ceteram
Civilization II PBEM
Warlord

hi,
I just tested the scenario a bit and i just loved it. One question: What do those Conscription Class techs give you?
Old December 20, 2002, 04:08   #18
Soundwave
Prince

Jimmywax : back for good mate

lol its good to be back

and hi cryion my swiss border guard/soccer playing/ beer drinking friend

hope you guys are all well
Old December 20, 2002, 12:04   #19
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by Ceteram
hi,
I just tested the scenario a bit and i just loved it. One question: What do those Conscription Class techs give you?
you get a few extra conscripts and a machine gunner or two.
Old December 20, 2002, 20:52   #20
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 04:43
The game was rediculously easy in SP, I conquered all of North America, plus part of the British Isle as the Yanks, all of US as the Rebs, and all of Europe and Africa as the Germans, all on Deity. But then again, in the PBEM game, as the CSA, I was seriously getting my ass kicked despite a good initial attack, so who knows
Old December 20, 2002, 22:43   #21
H Tower

what did you do to take the US as the Rebs? wait for chlorine gas?
Old December 21, 2002, 17:01   #22
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 04:43
Geez, it was so long ago I don't really remember. I'm sure gas played a big part of it, I think I also managed to take Washington and Philly pretty early, maybe even NY. I captured the west coast pretty easily and kind of took it over in blocks from west to east, aside from those cities. The annoying thing was those events that make things pop up in Kentucky no matter where the front really is. Since the Entente wasn't allowed to get even Heavy Artillery, I'm sure gas was what I relied on for assaults
Old January 1, 2003, 04:03   #23
Soundwave
Prince

The verision that was posted was verision 1.0 i'm looking for version 1.6 or 1.7 because of the events not being finished and the units in verision 1.0.

Also i have windows xp home edition and it want let me run the .bat file and says choice is not a correct command.... so how do i fix that please????

and does anyone have or know where i can get the newest version?

if anyone has it can they e-mail it to me at seanie_babes@hotmail.com please!!!!!!!

Thanks!

(begs)
Old January 1, 2003, 12:38   #24
Arthedain
staff

Local Time: 14:43
Quote:
Originally posted by Soundwave
Also i have windows xp home edition and it want let me run the .bat file and says choice is not a correct command.... so how do i fix that please????
There was a discussion about that over at CFC some time ago. You have to download a file and put it in your Windows folder. I don't know the name of it though. I think you have to search the CFC forums or hopa that someone can put it up here.
Old January 1, 2003, 15:28   #25
Jimmywax
Prince

here is a link to that thread. http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...ht=batch+files
Old January 16, 2003, 19:31   #26
Soundwave
Prince

OK, thanks that fixed that problem, but in the last verision, there were warsaw infantry and quebuec? infantry for the 'republics' the germans and the us made in the story (which is a coll book, got all them, Roger Kimball rules hehe) so does any one have the last verision at all, so i can get it off them???