Old December 17, 2002, 08:01   #1
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 13:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Multiplayer HoI
Anyone who has tried it, how well does it play?
Old December 19, 2002, 09:38   #2
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 13:46
So no-one has tried it?
Old December 19, 2002, 17:02   #3
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 08:46
I, for one, have not. Sorry.
Old December 19, 2002, 21:39   #4
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 12:46
Try asking in the official forums. I've heard alot of people reference to multiplay games there, and they sound really fun.

Do It Ourselves
General Ludd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2002, 20:06   #5
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

HOI MP is awesome.

There are some CTDs every now and then, but it was actually worse for me in EU2 1.05 than it is now with HOI. I played a game with 3 total players a bit ago... myself as Germany, and a UK and a USSR player. I stayed out of war with the Allies because the USSR lowered their war entry level enough, and fought the USSR. I wasn't very prepared, and I almost got toasted, but he offered a white peace because it was (militarily) a stalemate, while in actuality my economy was pretty much destroyed. I attacked again in 1942 better prepared, and overran him. France easily fell next, and we ended the game there since it was obvious I'd won.
Jon Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2002, 16:34   #6
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 05:46
I've played three HOI MP games and I must say I am impressed. Paradox really took their time sorting out the MP so the result is a stable, easy flowing, game that is quite enjoyable. In 12 hours of play I think it has only crashed 3-4 times.

If you like the game in SP then you will love it in MP because everything is ten times more difficult against a human compared to the AI. Also real strategic planning can occur amoungst human allies which the AI just cannot replicate.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Oerdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2002, 19:06   #7
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

The amount of crashes really depends on who you're playing with.

While playing a game a bit ago with 7 players total, it would crash every few months.

A game before that with an excellent connection with 3 players total crashed twice (after the same event in 1937), then never did again... up through 1943 when myself (Germany) and the USSR duked it out for quite a long time.
Jon Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote