Old December 18, 2002, 15:34   #31
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:48
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound
Arnelos' advice is sound on how to get involved in this game. I also enjoyed sitting in on the turn chat last evening to watch the country's leadership in action.

Also - join a party. Choose Labor. Workers rule!!
Now that you mention it, I'll share the following piece of information:

The FIRST post I ever made on Apolyton boards was to post in the "join" thread for the Civ3 Democracy Game.

The SECOND post I ever made on Apolyton boards was to post in the DIA join thread to announce that I was joining the DIA party.

So yeah, joining a party straight off the bat certainly didn't hurt
Old December 18, 2002, 16:00   #32
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Re: Re: Explosion in numbers
Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic

You can thank the Labor Party for that.

RP
"Muwahaha!"
END RP

That should read DIA not Labor Party, a common mistake.
Old December 18, 2002, 16:01   #33
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 14:48
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

The FIRST post I ever made on Apolyton boards was to post in the "join" thread for the Civ3 Democracy Game.

The SECOND post I ever made on Apolyton boards was to post in the DIA join thread to announce that I was joining the DIA party.

hi ,

great

now thats the typical DIA spirit

have a nice day
Old December 18, 2002, 17:22   #34
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 08:48
Welcome one and all.

If you are interested in that special avatar, this is the place to do so. You can post almost anything here and get away with it as long as it is remotely game related. If you have any questions, feel free to just post them. We don't bite that often, and when we do it is not that hard.

Enjoy.

GK

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old December 18, 2002, 19:47   #35
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 12:48
You wanna know the best way to help in this game?

ALWAYS VOTE "YES" TO A WAR!!!
Old December 18, 2002, 19:53   #36
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:48
Interesting, my PTW program crashed and though I've been trying to re-install it, it wouldn't work.

So I uninstalled EVERYTHING, original game and add-on, then started from scratch. Now CIV3 works fine, but PTW is not installing in the right folder or doing anything right.

Looks like another couple of hours to try every option I can....blast!
Old December 18, 2002, 19:56   #37
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

My first post was in the Join thread. Can't remember my second one for my life -- I'll probably go look now .

Joining a party can help, and can be fun, but isn't at all required to enjoy yourself. I've been here since Term 2.5, active since Term 3, and I've never had a need to join one .

-- adaMada
Old December 18, 2002, 20:32   #38
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Nolan, EPG, welcome to our little game. Nolan - always good to see another Kiwi in the ranks, we are outnumbered even by the Aussies here. There are two reasons I joined this game, to have fun and to learn. I had never (and still never have) finished a game of Civ3, but I do enjoy it. I had only been playing on Warlord difficulty as well, and wanted to move up. I noticed some of the top strategists in the Strategy forum joined and I thought observing this would be the perfect opportunity to see what works and what doesn't.

Doing so has improved my game IMMENSELY. I learned about the importance of an early food city and as many cities as you can fit in, the SUPREME importance of your palace and Forbidden Palace placement, stacking troops instead of using one or two kick-ass ones as I always used to...

I am in the same situation to some of you guys right now as well. I have been out of country and away from my computer for the last 5 weeks, and am going to be for the next 7. But I still keep an eye on things here.

Keep on posting. There are stupid questions (I know, I started many), but you can never question too much here, as long as you are always trying to keep the game going and having fun. Join a political party, start one that opposes parties just go nuts. I did nothing of real note and then I was somehow President twice. Just go for it.

And BTW there is no problem in installing two copies of civ3. I just installed one and patched to whatever version I wanted. I then changed the directory it was in to something easy to see, such as "TInfogrames", and installed again. Voila, deux copies. With different icons on your desktop you can get to either with no problem.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old December 18, 2002, 20:43   #39
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

MWIA -- I think I finished ONE game on the level above chiefton (forget which that was) .

Instructions for a dual install (abet slightly confusing ones) can be found in that thread Dejon linked to. Until I have time to clarify, update, and put them in the FAQ that we were working on, they may or may not be much help -- but if anyone tries them and get stuck, I will do my best to guide you through PMs.

-- adaMada