Old December 18, 2002, 11:36   #1
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 07:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Science Research plan
Looking at the 1250 AD save, we need to ensure we reserach Scientfic Theory in the minimum 4 turns and once this is complete, bump up the science rate for resraching Atomic Theory to ensure that we complete reseraching this before the Theory of Evolution (being prebuilt as Palace) completes. (15 turns from 1250 AD) With the huge cashflow for techwhoring of RP, this should be possible.
Old December 18, 2002, 11:49   #2
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:50
The war will be expensive. For one turn, we could down to zero the science rate, to get the cash necessary to the upgrades. In the next turn, bump up the sci rate again (Someone was talking about this in the chat, I can't recall who... ). It's a good idea, IMO.
Old December 18, 2002, 11:57   #3
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 06:50
basis 1270, we are on a 2 * 5 turn tech path to finnish before ToE.

Now doing Sci Meth
next probably Atomic Theory
then get Electronics and Radio from ToE
(These picked as the most expensive available)
then something on the upper path
Refining/Steel/Combustion
depending on trades between now and then.

Alternatively if BOTH Refining and Steel can be traded for, swap Combustion for Radio and pick Mass Production as the follow on.

This decision point is two turnchats out.
Old December 18, 2002, 12:01   #4
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Discovering Theory of Evolution in 5 turns rather than 4 is the worst thing we could do now unless the Theory of Evolution build (with shields being stored as a Palace) is switched to Hospital (needs to take place this turn to avoid wasting shields), and restarted.

Atomic Theory, Electronics, and Radio are the 3 most expensive Industrial Ages techs to reserach, and the timing is exteremly tight. Beakers already spent half-discovering a tech granted by the Theory of Evolution are wasted.
Old December 18, 2002, 12:05   #5
joncnunn
Emperor

Atomic Theory costs the same as Electronics and Radio to reseach. It's going to take a min of 6 turns and a max of 7 to research at 100%.

Quote:
Originally posted by roadcage
basis 1270, we are on a 2 * 5 turn tech path to finnish before ToE.

Now doing Sci Meth
next probably Atomic Theory
then get Electronics and Radio from ToE
(These picked as the most expensive available)
then something on the upper path
Refining/Steel/Combustion
depending on trades between now and then.

Alternatively if BOTH Refining and Steel can be traded for, swap Combustion for Radio and pick Mass Production as the follow on.

This decision point is two turnchats out.
Old December 18, 2002, 12:10   #6
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:50
I'm impressed.
Old December 18, 2002, 12:22   #7
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 06:50
We cannot do 3 techs before ToE, so speeding up SciMeth etc is WASTED beakers. And we need the coins to upgrade our cannon and riflemen. We could have done a zero followed by a fast 4 turner, or the straightforward 5 turn plan. The turnchat chose the 2 * 5 turn plan. This will complete the cannon in 1270 and about 1/3 of rifle. The remaining rifle spread out about equally over 1275 and 1280.

We already have enough Artillery (16) to do a number on Brundesium in 1270. We will have full Artillery (23) available when Otto breaches our border next turn.

The next few turnchats will have window seats on the Apolytonian Express as it crosses hostile territory.

Enjoy the Ride!
Ssgt roadcage (retired)
Old December 18, 2002, 12:29   #8
joncnunn
Emperor

Roadcage, a 2 X 5 plan with Scienfic Theory and Atomic Theory as the two techs CAN'T work.

Atomic Theory costs 2X as much to research as Scientfic Theory. (Min of 6 turns & max of 7 turns to research at 100% from the time Scientfic Theory is comple.)
Old December 18, 2002, 13:29   #9
joncnunn
Emperor

I think I'll place an unoffical poll on this.

Last edited by joncnunn; December 18, 2002 at 13:42.
Old December 18, 2002, 13:40   #10
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 14:50
hi ,

great

have a nice day
Old December 18, 2002, 13:50   #11
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 08:50
Quote:
Originally posted by joncnunn
Discovering Theory of Evolution in 5 turns rather than 4 is the worst thing we could do now unless the Theory of Evolution build (with shields being stored as a Palace) is switched to Hospital (needs to take place this turn to avoid wasting shields), and restarted.

Atomic Theory, Electronics, and Radio are the 3 most expensive Industrial Ages techs to reserach, and the timing is exteremly tight. Beakers already spent half-discovering a tech granted by the Theory of Evolution are wasted.
Excuse me, For someone who is science advisor, you need to learn to us a calculator.

1) the US build (in the Forbidden City) was pushed back in favor of HE. It will be ready it 11 Turns. We should have NO problem getting it before the other Civs do, unless they use a GL.

2) Currently, the sheild storage is fine at Ghengistown. If it was to switch to say, Military Acadamy (400 shields) it would take 5 turns to complete.. If we were to switch to US (800 shields) it would take 12 turns to complete. ToE needs 600 Shields to Complete (1/2 way between 400 and 800). That means that it will take --- 8 to 9 turns to Complete (if we were to switch now).

SO, as long as we can change to ToE by the end of the 7th turn, we are fine. This was all discussed in the chat AND I'll be posting the log shortly.

But please, use a calculator next time....

E_T
Old December 18, 2002, 13:56   #12
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by joncnunn
Roadcage, a 2 X 5 plan with Scienfic Theory and Atomic Theory as the two techs CAN'T work.

Atomic Theory costs 2X as much to research as Scientfic Theory. (Min of 6 turns & max of 7 turns to research at 100% from the time Scientfic Theory is comple.)
I think what Roadcage had meant was that there where two plans:
1) have 1 turn of 0% Sci then have 4 turns for Sci Method - 5 turns total

OR

2) have 5 turns steady research - 5 turns total

The plan that was chosen was plan 2 - the 5 turn steady plan.

[Edit] as of the last save, we have 4 turns to complete SM. We can tweek the slider down now (BEFORE any WF changes, which might effect this) and not lose the completeion time for SM, but still make more money

Ad for the next technology, Atomic theory and don't spare the expence.....[/edit]

E_T

Last edited by E_T; December 18, 2002 at 14:03.
Old December 18, 2002, 14:15   #13
joncnunn
Emperor

Can we raise the science rate high enough now to get Sci Theory 3 turns from now? (4 turns total)

It's going to take 6 or 7 turns to research Atomic Theory from the time we get Sci Theory at 100% science reserach.

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T

I think what Roadcage had meant was that there where two plans:
1) have 1 turn of 0% Sci then have 4 turns for Sci Method - 5 turns total

OR

2) have 5 turns steady research - 5 turns total

The plan that was chosen was plan 2 - the 5 turn steady plan.

[Edit] as of the last save, we have 4 turns to complete SM. We can tweek the slider down now (BEFORE any WF changes, which might effect this) and not lose the completeion time for SM, but still make more money

Ad for the next technology, Atomic theory and don't spare the expence.....[/edit]

E_T
Old December 18, 2002, 16:05   #14
E_T
Emperor

Unfortunately, we need the money to upgrade our Forces. Beside, I have no I dea What the new DM (gosh, that sounds SOOO Strange) will require in funds for any Rushes that he has planned.

We'll most likely need the money.

E_T
Old December 18, 2002, 16:14   #15
joncnunn
Emperor

It looked to me like a lot of our armed forces were already upgraded with the money from techwhoring RP.
Old December 18, 2002, 16:23   #16
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
Unfortunately, we need the money to upgrade our Forces. Beside, I have no I dea What the new DM (gosh, that sounds SOOO Strange) will require in funds for any Rushes that he has planned.

We'll most likely need the money.

E_T
Rushes are mostly going to have to be on hold for now unless they are for military units (and those rushes must come as secondary to upgrades).

NOTE: I am serving as my own MoE-equivalent for now.

E_T: If you can, give me a full accounting of all upgrades that you need to make and which you believe are NECESSARY for the immediate campaign against Germany and which can afford to be put on hold for at least 2 turns.

That will give me an idea of what the financial outlook is and then I can see (in conjunction with joncnunn's report) where the slider needs to be placed for getting the upgrades we need done without overly damaging our science. If we need to slow down the production of the ToE by a turn so that the timing works out, I can consult with Spiffor about doing this.

Thanks guys.