Old December 18, 2002, 13:35   #1
Earwicker
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 07:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Deepest Regrets
Mr. President, Honorable Cabinet Members, and Citizens of New Apolytonia -

It is with great apology that I must tell you that I cannot serve as the Imperial Expansion Minister during this term.

As I received my first sav file for this game, I was dismayed to realize that we were playing with the MGE version of the game - and that 2.42 won't open the files. I am abashed that I had not checked the version of the game earlier (unaware that it would make so much difference), since I should not have run for office without the ability to look at the game and make informed decisions about its content.

I had uninstalled my copy of MGE months ago and given away the disk. By the time I can get the disk and reinstall, it will be too late to help the current Cabinet and President.

I realize this puts a burden on the others of the Cabinet and for that I am truly sorry. I hope that I can find a way to continue to helpour civilization and its government, but without the game my ability to serve as a Cabinet Minister would be too greatly limited.

Earwicker

Sorry, Cavebear. I know this comes at a bad time with your already taking on too many roles at once.
Old December 18, 2002, 15:07   #2
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

there's a patch you can use that upgrades 2.42 to MGE. you can get it at CFC. try that first before you resign, please
Old December 18, 2002, 16:17   #3
Earwicker
Prince

Absolutely! I didn't know there was a patch (since I did have MGE). So I'll give this a try and report back.
Old December 18, 2002, 17:26   #4
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 04:50
yes...its at cfc under utlities i believe, either way, its not hard to find......
Old December 26, 2002, 12:19   #5
Earwicker
Prince

Rats!

Found the utility, loaded it onto my computer, unzipped it with great expectations, then got a blue screen crash.

Tried it again on my new laptop and there were missing DLL's (wing.dll, others IIRC). With my impending departure for the holidays I was unable to spend that much time getting the game to work.

Great apologies to the Civilization of New Apolytonia.
Perhaps next year when I get my MGE disk back and can reload it directly, I will be able to better participate.

Earwicker