Old December 18, 2002, 15:11   #1
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 07:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Beyond Alpha Centauri::::::::Discussion Thread 8
I'm working on a post that will changed the nature of Beyond Alpha Centauri somewhat in that the humans are going to be shown a glimpse of what it was like in the good old days before their puny civilzations were born.

Mr. President: Your scientist may become more important than you imagine.

Franky: The Hive may soon find that their allies the Bree are not one the most powerful aliens out there.

History Guy: The PKs may find that they will have to drop some of their distrust of the Spartans in order to fight a more powerful enemy.

Kass: The Terrans may get some breathing room unless of course the Spartans And Drones and other Chiron civs cannot repel the comming threat.

General: The Cadre may find themselves at first left out of the gathering storm but will soon become the focus of the attention of several fleets. At least the space surrounding your planet.

For the others out there, it is time to come back soon.

Everyone stay tuned.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2002, 16:35   #2
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 15:50
This will be exactly what we, err, well, at least I, need. A good old "things are never gonna be the same" sort of twist.
Old December 18, 2002, 18:05   #3
Sprayber
Emperor

Preview
Something is going to attack a portion of the Spartan Federation. Something from the past. Something that will make the Bree and Gorn send fleets to attack. Something that force the Scientists investigating the various buildings and temples to race against time to discover the secrets. Something that will force the Spartans to do something that they thought unimaginable before hand. Something that will force the Hive to rethink the value of the Bree. Something that will force the Terrans to rethink their position in the human family of civiliztions. Something that will bring everyone to the Cadre system for a fight. Something that will, for however briefly, force humanity to unite.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old December 18, 2002, 20:10   #4
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 06:50
But this may screw up the wonderful plot I'd developed for the Terran Peace Conference...Kassiopeia!! Quick! Write up that post!
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2002, 20:12   #5
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Oh, and don't you think we've got far too many aliens in the story as it is? I hope it will simply be the Progenitors or the Bree instead of another race...unless it's the Daleks, of course.
Old December 18, 2002, 21:28   #6
Sprayber
Emperor

We all know how things work. It takes time to get things started. It won't interfer with the peace talks but I think we need to get that story line rolling and over with. Kessel won't stay on Firaxis forever and when the attack comes he will have to leave for Sparta. So Kass and History, you guys can go on with what you have planned.

As far as the aliens go, we have a lot right now but they have done nothing since the story has began. The future Hive-Spartan conflict is still on tap but there seems to be nothing that will realistaclly set them off. The Spartans are in the Cadre system and all the Hive will do is send in disguised mercs. So far it's in no ones interest to actually start fighting. Well we are going to get one.

As usual, I'm open to ideas.

So far this is what I got.

Aliens(still to be determined who or what) will attack a Spartan station on the border with unknown space. There will be a few Drone ships there and they will be destroyed as well. Thousands will die and the Spartans will be furious. The same aliens will be responsible for attacking the Bree and Gorn. They will eventually send ships towards the human sphere and meet each other somewhere(maybe still in Spartan territory) they will fight the alien ship(s) and be destroyed. The aliens that the humans have feared for so long will be showed as powerless agains the new or should i say old aliens. Sparta is forced to ask for help because it is completely beyond their power to defeat alone. Some send help others don't. The scientist working on the various temples are told about the one in Spartan Territory in the quarenteed zone where the Epo live. A secret that Sparta is forced to admitt to. They find evidence that is what the aliens are looking for. Forces converge on the Epo system. thankfully for humanity the alien vessel is not all powerful. its encouter with the Gorn and Bree have weekened it but it still takes many numbers of ships and thousands of sacrifices to take them out.

All of this wont happen over night. The aliens WILL NOT perform a bliz of human territory. they will take their time.

Comments? Ideas?
Old December 18, 2002, 21:53   #7
History Guy
King

Well, that post was just to impress upon you guys that Morgan is acting against the Novan traitors, and he's taking no prisoners! Ahahaha!

Well, Sprayber, it sounds OK to me. Might want to help with the creation of these guys. I've been thinking of trying to come up with a history for the Progenitors...maybe instead I could try and come up with a history for these guys with you. Really create our own little race instead of lifting the aliens out of something else (i.e. Bree, etc.) and actually sitting down and molding them ourselves. Unless you want to make them Daleks. Heh heh heh.
Old December 18, 2002, 21:55   #8
History Guy
King

And hey! Cybergod, Silence, Sovereign, Lonestar, et Urban Ranger, where are you guys?!
Old December 18, 2002, 22:34   #9
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 02:50
Love the idea! THIS looks like its going to be the spark that sets off the "galactic war" we've all been looking for. I can do the Hive view of the Bree conflict. Maybe have the Bree "coerce" Emperor Yang to join the Bree's side.

When the other factions see Hive ships alongside Bree war vessels, it'd probably have Kessel fuming! (or so I hope)

I'm in 100%

Go Hive!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2002, 23:24   #10
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Frankychan
Love the idea! THIS looks like its going to be the spark that sets off the "galactic war" we've all been looking for. I can do the Hive view of the Bree conflict. Maybe have the Bree "coerce" Emperor Yang to join the Bree's side.

When the other factions see Hive ships alongside Bree war vessels, it'd probably have Kessel fuming! (or so I hope)

I'm in 100%

Go Hive!
Remember Franky, if the hive send their ships with the bree against the aliens then they will be destroyed along with the Bree. Or at least the first encounter with them. The point is that the new aliens are older and stronger than the bree. I suspect that the Bree and Gorn would not be sending all their ships. just enough to make a point. Maybe the Bree will have problems getting enough ships and convince the to send ships as well.

Ideas are welcome on how to work this out.
Old December 19, 2002, 03:21   #11
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 22:50
It sounds good. I'm imagining frantic action on two fronts, one with the leaders trying to rustle up enough forces to fight the aliens and another with the researchers trying desperately to figure out the secrets of the temples, culminating in a battle of War of Wrath proportions!

Quote:
Cybergod, Silence, Sovereign, Lonestar, et Urban Ranger, where are you guys?!
Hmm . . . Cybergod and Lonestar are MIA. Last I heard of Sovereign, he was at school and didn't have a good 'Net connection; but he expected to be back by Thanksgiving. Silence is probably at SpaceBattles, and Urban Ranger is in the OT.

Guys? Are you reading this?

As for the Hive, perhaps the Bree will feel so threatened by the new aliens that they claim an obligation for Emperor Yang to assist them as an ally.

On an unrelated note, AC-Fiction is picking up again - and just in time, as some guy named Taz is speaking of the unthinkable merger.
Old December 19, 2002, 05:59   #12
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Silence talked with me on ICQ yesterday, he said he was coming up with something BAC-related, so I think he's alive and still interested...
Old December 20, 2002, 20:54   #13
Sprayber
Emperor

Here is the lates bit of back history. I think I'm going to let some of you take it from here. Yes folks you have an assignment.

Seriously though I got burned out at the point where I stopped and I need some serious alochol suppliment.

http://www.geocities.com/hydro070/BacBackground01.html
Old December 20, 2002, 22:26   #14
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:50
Hmmm... where does the Cadre come into all this? You did say something about that...
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2002, 02:47   #15
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
Hmmm... where does the Cadre come into all this? You did say something about that...
Well the Cadre system is still where Sparta and the Hive square off. What are you ideas. I mentioned the final battle occuring near or in the Cadre system. But that really up to everyone. I was mearly presenting possible outcomes. I'm very interested in input from you all.
Old December 22, 2002, 05:50   #16
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Hope Silence stays in this mofo
Anyway, I personally believe Laekdaeomon "Central" is where the galactic war should end AND begin.

I do believe that the Cadre plays an important role in the galactic scheme of things (meaning: The Laekdaemon Cadre is the linchpin of EVERYTHING) and if things do NOT happen the way they do in the Cadre system....thing will turn out much different than the way they do now. Everything that Morgan, Sanchez, Kessel, Tremaine, Adam's and the rest do (I feel) will direct the course of BAC's subsequent events.

Go Sheng-ji and his "omnipotence"!!!!
Old December 22, 2002, 06:25   #17
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Tremaine is dead

Wakazashi

(Sorry, had to nitpick )
Old December 23, 2002, 20:47   #18
Frankychan
King

Whoops, my bad!
Old December 23, 2002, 23:11   #19
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 08:50
The Protectorate has withdrawn into it's old isolationist self for the indefinate future. Sorry.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2002, 23:28   #20
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Sorry to hear that. Drop in anytime.
Old December 25, 2002, 15:19   #21
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Merry Christmas guys... I'm really trying to get a post done... I'm serious!
Old December 26, 2002, 06:22   #22
Mr. President
Emperor

Merry Christmas, AC-Fiction!
Old December 26, 2002, 21:17   #23
History Guy
King

Yeah, Merry Christmas.

Sure you don't want Daleks in the story, eh? Oh well. Your loss...
Old January 7, 2003, 17:40   #24
Sprayber
Emperor

Hey guys, ill be away for awhile. A few weeks anyway. I'll be back ready to write but until then take care of my baby ok.
Old January 7, 2003, 18:38   #25
Mr. President
Emperor

You got it. I'll stand at the gates until then.
Old January 7, 2003, 19:09   #26
Mr. President
Emperor

Say, is it unethical to join a CivGroup you have no intention of really participating in, just because you like its logo?
Old January 9, 2003, 07:26   #27
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:50
I don't see any reason why it would be.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2003, 20:58   #28
Mr. President
Emperor

Ah, thanks. I was gonna get the Legoland logo, but I read their thread and it said you have to be approved by the other members. Stupid elitist thing.

Old January 14, 2003, 03:29   #29
Mr. President
Emperor

You know it must be the most boring day ever when I've just spent 30 minutes in the OT trying to get into a fight. I seem to miss all the good fights.
Old January 14, 2003, 21:24   #30
History Guy
King

You know, old bean, Roleplay Team is what you need to go to. Really. I mean it.