Old May 31, 2003, 12:49   #271
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 07:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hey everyone. How is everyone doing?

I've been trapped here at Fort Sill Ok for some time now. We are waiting here for elements of 3rd Corp to return from Iraq. That may be delayed because of the uncertain security in Iraq. We will stay here until they either come back or we go to join them. We will either end up going on over and being apart of the occupation force or remain here at Fort Sill indefinitly. It sucks not to know what we will be doing..

Can someone give me a rough outline of what has happened since my departure? I don't have a lot of access to a computer but I will have one in my room in the next week. When that happens I will be able to write again. At least until Uncle Sam decides what they will do with us...

You all have done a wonderful job of keeping BAC up and running. It just goes to show that each of you are an intregal part of the whole universe.

BTW, I have recently saw matrix and X2 and was a little disappointed with matrix and very pleased with how X2 was done. The whole scene with Magneto escaping from the plastic prision was excently done. I just thought that X2 was a better stand alone movie. Anyway, just some observations..
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2003, 18:14   #272
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 02:51
Sprayber!

Wow, glad to see your still kicking. Not much has been happening. I've been participating in the new AC demo game so it's been distracting me from my work.

Events: Protectorate and Bree at war. Hive will join soon on Bree side (I still have to post it). Everything is basically going crazy house. Believers and University have been fighting over Sol System with Protectorate watching. Drone's and Protectorate in a little diplomatic maneuvers.

I'll post up some more when I get the chance. Glad to see your back.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2003, 19:11   #273
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 08:51
Welcome back. I hope you didn't do anything stupid, like fondle the ninja-women.

Or did you not leave at all?

I'm so confused...
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2003, 23:53   #274
Lonestar
inmate
King

Sprayber

When you get a chance, mosey on over to my Apolyton Military Muster thread and check in.
Old June 1, 2003, 03:51   #275
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 22:51
Sprayber!

Welcome back! It's great to see you in AC-Fiction again.

Kassiopeia and Cybergod decided to concentrate on other projects, so we're now a slightly smaller but still functional story.
Old June 1, 2003, 03:51   #276
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

I suspected as much about the Matrix.
Old June 1, 2003, 03:51   #277
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:51
WB Sprayber!
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2003, 12:44   #278
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
Welcome back. I hope you didn't do anything stupid, like fondle the ninja-women.

Or did you not leave at all?

I'm so confused...
My unit never went over. We had gotten our equipment packed up and was within two days of leaving out on the plane when we were told to stand down. Now we are waiting on what will happen to elements of 3rd corp before the figure out what we will do. The larger units we are attached to are now in Kuwait waiting to see if they will go into Iraq or come back to Fort Sill. We are waiting here until they decide. We may still have to go over there or we may sit out the year here at Fort Sill.

I'll read over the posts and figure out what do to with Sparta. Has anyone written anything that concern Sparta or needs a reply soon?
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old June 6, 2003, 17:17   #279
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

"Hurry up and wait." That's what my cousin says the Army's motto should be.

From Hive POV-Nothing from Sparta is urgent right now. Yang has just had reflections about the Hive's stance toward Kessel. But he'll send the Hive into war on the Bree's side soon thanks to the Protectorates unwarranted aggression toward the peace-loving Bree citizens.
Old June 7, 2003, 12:50   #280
Sprayber
Emperor

I read that post of yours Franky. I'm still trying to work out a system to where I can post. If all fails, I will bring my computer up from my place in Arkansas to my room. I'll work something out.

The view of Sparta will be to wait and see how the war develops. Sparta hates the Bree and Hive but will not ally itself with the protectorate without first seeing what kind of people they are...

You guys need to remember the dispostion of the Bree. Their homeworld is far away from human space. They only have outposts near human space. Their primary concern is still their ongoing war with the Gorn. One thing should be kept in mind. If any of the human empires got into an all out war with the Bree in which the Bree could concentrate their full effort against the human power, the Bree would have little difficulity in defeating them totally. Remember, they had achieved space flight about the time of the 1900's here on earth. The only reason they aren't more powerful is that they have been involved in many devastating wars with the Gorn and other alien powers now gone. Just keep all that in mind.

note: I had originally conceived the Bree as much older but I didnt wan't them to have had a too big of a head start. they aren't totally invincible, but they have many billions of citizens spread out accross their part of space. The Hive is tiny compared to the total Bree population. I used the Hive as a frame of reference since they are considered to have the largest population..
Old June 7, 2003, 18:19   #281
Frankychan
King

I agree. The Hive isn't going to launch an "end-all" campaign. I was thinking that the initial Hive attacks would be against independent worlds so I could show the reader how the Hive conducts their war.

Most inter-Hive stuff would be minor skirmishes to test the defenses of the other factions.

I think we agreed that the "old" alien races can basically kick all of our a**es if they wanted to so I'll just stay out of their way...and pick on the "newer" races, like I've been doing from the beginning.
Old June 7, 2003, 19:57   #282
Lonestar
inmate
King

Posted.

Old June 8, 2003, 03:11   #283
Mr. President
Emperor

I don't get it.

Although, it might be a good time for an intermission. We've reached the round number of 300 posts. Your last real post had a strong ending (unlike most of mine). And there's a lot of suspense, with the galaxy about to fall apart.

Old June 10, 2003, 18:46   #284
Sprayber
Emperor

Are we doing an intermission.

Anyway, i'll have more access to a computer in the next couple of weeks.
Old June 10, 2003, 21:29   #285
Mr. President
Emperor

I honestly don't know - I wasn't a hundred per cent serious.
Old June 12, 2003, 06:45   #286
Frankychan
King

hmmmmm, i thought we were in intermission?
Old June 12, 2003, 14:49   #287
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Frankychan
hmmmmm, i thought we were in intermission?

I see how ya'll are. I finally get to where I can start again and you guys go into an intermission.

Old June 12, 2003, 15:17   #288
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber

I see how ya'll are. I finally get to where I can start again and you guys go into an intermission.

It seems fitting that the Spartans would start after so long an absence....
Old June 12, 2003, 22:47   #289
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 12:51
I am bit surpise that I made it on tonight, my connection and this forum sometimes don't like each other.

Anyway I am getting my stuff together still and I think I can start posting again soon hopefully. And my Mother is doing fine in case you where wondering.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2003, 22:21   #290
Lonestar
inmate
King

posted.
Old June 18, 2003, 00:03   #291
Mr. President
Emperor

You beat me to the post, Lonestar.

Literally.
Old June 18, 2003, 00:23   #292
Mr. President
Emperor

I posted too!

It involves Singapore because I had a dream the other night that took place there. It was a nice dream, too; I've spent the last two nights trying to recapture it, but that doesn't work, I've found.
Old June 19, 2003, 00:00   #293
Frankychan
King

I'm slacking, yes, I know...but summer is just soo....laid back.
Old June 20, 2003, 04:15   #294
Mr. President
Emperor

I think it's Hawaii. All the sun and beaches and female Baywatch trainees.

If you were in Canada . . . then you might get some writing done.
Old June 23, 2003, 03:33   #295
Mr. President
Emperor

I just realized I wrote a story for Beyond Alpha Centauri that takes place in Singapore.
Old June 23, 2003, 04:54   #296
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:51
So?
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2003, 04:57   #297
Mr. President
Emperor

You don't think Singapore is pretty mundane, compared to the wonders of outer space?
Old July 5, 2003, 21:39   #298
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 12:51
I live again, and I hope to post soon.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2003, 23:38   #299
Lonestar
inmate
King

::watches tumbleweeds drift by::
Old July 20, 2003, 01:32   #300
Mr. President
Emperor

For every thing, turn, turn, turn,
There is a season, turn, turn, turn . . .