Now man's reign is through
But through the eternal night
The twinkling of starlight
So very far away
Maybe it's only yesterday...
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 2003, 02:53   #302
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 22:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
That's cute! What is it? A song?
Old July 22, 2003, 09:42   #303
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 08:51
It's a damn dirty war protest song from the '60's.
Old July 23, 2003, 21:15   #304
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 07:51
Who is handleing the Terran forces? Or is everyone just picking them apart bit by bit. Reason I ask is that I'm working on a post and Kessel is about to order the two Spartan Fleets to reclaim the takent planets in the Corporate sector. Since the earth goverment is in chaos Sparta will seize the systems taken.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2003, 02:13   #305
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Hmm. Good question. The Earth government is basically out of it. The Believers and the University are trading shots in the sector and on the planet, and I think Sovereign and Silence have been writing for whatever Earthmen happened to get in the way of their particular chosen faction.
Old July 30, 2003, 04:34   #306
Sovereign
Prince

Hi guys!

Sorry I'm out of comission the past few months.

I've been doing a lot of travelling, since its my summer break. I went to Alaska and I did plenty of outdoors stuff there. Camping, canoeing, fishing, etc.

I just got back last week, and I'm trying to get back on my feet.

What did I miss?

Onto the BAC world.....

The Earth government is supposed to join in the GHE and UA "axis" alliance, so I'm planning on having the Earth government and its territories join the alliance.

I guess I'll take up the Earth faction, since Kass left.

IIRC, HistoryGuy decided to volunteer for taking up the PK's since no one else seems to be interested in writing for them. I forgot who, Franky or President, decided to take up the Gaians as well?

I'm not sure where Earth's 2 big colonies, Wolf and Ross are? Sparta is welcome to the Corporate Sector, as long as Earth gets to keep Wolf and Ross, so Earth can still be a viable "faction" in the BAC world.

PM me if you have any other ideas, Sprayber.

I need some time to think how to pick up where I left off, in the Earth "liberation" and the GHE story arc.

President

do you think it'd be a good idea if you write about Sorenson and Gary's arrival at Berrik, and compare notes with my archaelogists there? IMHO, you'd be better at this than me, since you have a better idea where this story arc is supposed to go. If you could do a post or something about this, I'll have a better idea where to pick that story arc up from the UA's perpsective.

Whew... a lot of writing for discussion eh?

Laters!
Old July 30, 2003, 19:46   #307
Mr. President
Emperor

Alaska, eh? Never been there. Did you see any caribou? Everyone thinks Alaska is swarming with caribou.

I really should write a post with Sorensen and Gary travelling. I will as soon as I can. I'm back in school with a research project hanging over my head, alongside volunteer teaching at an elementary school (Teaching is surprisingly fun! I might take it up a little more ), so I will definitely jam it in when I can.
Old July 31, 2003, 20:25   #308
Lonestar
inmate
King

Soveriegn, I got my boy captured on Earth, you want to take it from there?
Old August 24, 2003, 05:37   #309
Mr. President
Emperor

Well, well, well. Guess who it falls to to resurrect the story after months?

I'm only kidding, of course. The post is not great. But it's a post. And that's a start.
Old September 16, 2003, 12:29   #310
Sovereign
Prince

Heh. I signed onto the forums today and guess what?

The Alpha Centauri Fiction forum was totally empty (No posts within the 10 days). It felt funny, but at the same time, it's motivating me to think harder what to write, and to get my slow butt moving.

President, a nitpick. The University faction now calls itself the University Alliance, after the rash of terrorist attacks, the growing menace from the Protectorate of Man, and full citizenship to the "non-humans" in the University empire.

So from now on, the UCS (Commonwealth) tag is no longer used. Instead, the UA tag will be used. Sorry about that.

I'm back at school and I'm in the computer lab a lot of the time (my last year now, senior). I'll have a lot more time and opporunity to sit down and write up posts for BAC and several other fan-fics that I'm writing.

I know I said I'd write a while ago, but seeing this forum dead and me having a lot of time in the computer lab will motivate me to do some writing.

Laters.
Old September 16, 2003, 19:49   #311
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
President, a nitpick. The University faction now calls itself the University Alliance, after the rash of terrorist attacks, the growing menace from the Protectorate of Man, and full citizenship to the "non-humans" in the University empire.
My bad. I'll fix that.

Welcome back.
Old September 23, 2003, 11:30   #312
Sovereign
Prince

Hmmm... This has made me think hard.

Where did everybody else go? I remember a while ago, BAC went through a slow phase, but there was at least some discussions and joking in the "Discussion thread".

So far for the last month or so, it's just you and me. Where's Lonestar, HistoryGuy, Silence, etc? Did they give up, and move to greener pastures?

I hate to say or consider this.... but...

Should we try and keep writing for BAC, or let it go due to virtually all of the other authors non-action, even on those discussion boards the past month or so?

OR Should we try to soldier on, and maybe the others will notice BAC is still going, then come back? Please let me know what you think, President.
Old September 23, 2003, 13:31   #313
Alinestra Covelia
ACDG The Human HiveRise of Nations Multiplayer
Queen

Wait... so Crimson Sunrise is Mr. President?

Old September 23, 2003, 19:35   #314
Mr. President
Emperor

Yes, I am. Changed my name a week or two ago.
Old September 23, 2003, 19:42   #315
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovereign

Where did everybody else go? I remember a while ago, BAC went through a slow phase, but there was at least some discussions and joking in the "Discussion thread".

So far for the last month or so, it's just you and me. Where's Lonestar, HistoryGuy, Silence, etc? Did they give up, and move to greener pastures?
I honestly don't know. Frankychan said he was going to be away for a couple of weeks (as I recall). That was more than a month ago. GeneralTacticus I've seen many a time in the AC-Democracy Game. The rest I don't know.

Quote:

Should we try and keep writing for BAC, or let it go due to virtually all of the other authors non-action, even on those discussion boards the past month or so?

OR Should we try to soldier on, and maybe the others will notice BAC is still going, then come back? Please let me know what you think, President.
Well, I think we should keep writing for as long or as short a time as we want to. So if you have anything you want to post to the story, you should.

AC-Fiction isn't totally dead. If Alinestra Covelia could post in this thread, that suggests that there's at least, oh, five other people lurking but not posting.
Old September 23, 2003, 21:02   #316
Alinestra Covelia
ACDG The Human HiveRise of Nations Multiplayer
Queen

Alinestra Covelia is indeed lurking and trying to finalize ideas for her next piece of SMAC fan fiction.

But #%&$ing work and real life always seem to get in the way!

Last edited by Alinestra Covelia; September 23, 2003 at 21:24.
Alinestra Covelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23, 2003, 21:26   #317
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:51
Quote:

Well, I haven't been posting mainly because the story arcs that I was involved in seem to have gone kaput... I'm still active, but there isn't a whole lot for me to post here.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2003, 20:47   #318
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:

As the guys in OT know, Lonestar has been working from 0400-1900 every damn day for the past two weeks. I got this weekend off and then we're going to sea, weeee!!!!!!

By the way, I had a Protectorate agent fall into UA handfs on Earth (near Area 51, what the Protectorate calls "Groomlake" because it had records of what was inside when the Endeavor left)

I think I might put something up tonight.
Old September 26, 2003, 21:40   #319
Lonestar
inmate
King

Posted. Was trying to figure out a way to kill Ian, so I just had him die off-panel. Hope it wasn't too pretentious.

There's a Holonet message for just about everyone here, so read it and tell me on this thread (Or as a official response) "Yea or nay". And if "Yea", Head of State or Representative. Then I'll rung past you guys a rough draft of the memorial ceremony.
Old September 27, 2003, 02:38   #320
Mr. President
Emperor

I think President Adams from the Drones should go. Firaxis never had too much to do with the Protectorate; however, I'll say that their representatives can't make it because of the peace conference. (Remember that? )

Nice ending on that post, by the way.
Old October 28, 2003, 22:28   #321
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 12:51
I kept on having I browser die on me and then college restarted and then I accidently forgot I had a war going on here.

Sorry about that.

Edit: got rid of the stupid third person reference that I put in for some reason....
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2003, 22:13   #322
Sovereign
Prince

Hi guys!

Tomorrow, I have about 2 or 3 hours of free time at the computer lab, so definitely expect a post tomorrow.

Cross my heart or die.
Old October 30, 2003, 13:59   #323
Sovereign
Prince

Doobie Doobie Doo!

POSTED!

This time I went for an historical excerpt, summarizing what has happened in the Sol system, and its conclusion.

The next time I post, I'll try to address several issues, like Agent Stone, the Temple sub-plot, and a couple of new twists.
Old November 1, 2003, 12:22   #324
Lonestar
inmate
King

Did you read my part with the suicide Bomber?
Old November 1, 2003, 22:11   #325
Sovereign
Prince

Yeah, I thoight it was a slam bang.

I think I'll try to work on my next post, but I can't make promises that it will be done soon.

But yes, I do plan on addressing issues with the Protectorate in my next post, especially Agent Stone and the bombing.

By the way, that cat in your picture looks hella funny. Did he / she paint his / her left paw? I see polished claws lol
Old November 2, 2003, 01:27   #326
Lonestar
inmate
King

That's Slick Willy (a.k.a. "Thudmonster"). He's my cat, although another person I know is using it as his avatar on another board.
Old November 4, 2003, 05:16   #327
Sovereign
Prince

Nice name

What kind of cat is he? He looks like he's a big cat, at least 2 feet long?
Old November 6, 2003, 00:26   #328
Lonestar
inmate
King

He's a Ragdoll. His Breed tends to be big.
Old November 8, 2003, 16:18   #329
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 06:51
Well, chaps, the fact is I have been doing next to nothing at Poly for a few months now.

However, I would like to continue BAC. I'd like to make Morgan a bit more dispicable in some ways, and I'd like to actually continue all of the plots I started, but the fact is that it has been so long that I really am not sure what all is going on here...

Also, Democracy Games aside, the only thing I've been doing is writing a new story for the Civ3 Stories Forum. I'm trying my hand at satire. King Arthur returns from Avalon and gets arrested for not having a visa.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2003, 20:09   #330
Mr. President
Emperor

Sounds like good reading!