Old January 6, 2004, 12:13   #391
Sovereign
Prince

Local Time: 07:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Good plan with Derek and Gary, Mr. Prez.

I like your idea about the Battlecruiser as well. The UA would request it to be returned, especially the crews and people on it back to Terra. After all, the UA is trying to re-acquire all Terran assets to aid in the rebuilding of Sol, Wolf, and Ross using Terran labor, Terran industries, etc. so the Terrans will have a role in the rebuilding.

Hope that made sense!

The battlecruiser weapons and information can be salvaged by the Drones. After all, Drones acquired the battlecruiser before the Terran Alliance became a part of the UA. The Drones could have done some salvage before that happened, then after that, no more salvage since it might cause an diplomatic incident with the UA.

Basically the UA will request the return of the battlecruiser and its whole crew, any cargo on it, etc. Don't worry about the repair since the UA can tow it to a Terran shipyard for repairs.

You see, all Terran assets became UA assets, and that includes run-away ships, Terran merchant ships, etc.

Again, I hope this is making sense.

Anyways, glad to see you still got some ambition for BAC, Mr. Prez!
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2004, 19:25   #392
Sovereign
Prince

Made another post.

I'm on a roll here!
Old January 7, 2004, 21:39   #393
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 08:51
so....anyone else going to see Hellboy
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2004, 22:12   #394
Lonestar
inmate
King

posted.
Old January 7, 2004, 22:41   #395
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 22:51
What's a . . .

/me tries to sound out the word

H . . . ell . . . boiee?
Old January 7, 2004, 22:45   #396
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Selling humans for food?
Old January 8, 2004, 05:40   #397
Sovereign
Prince

Nice twist there, Lonestar.

By the way, I had a real life run-in with your avatar. Imagine that! You see, I was going to a store in my college, and I saw a 8 by 11 inch copied or printed black and white photo of your cat.

You told me you had a friend who is using that avatar on some other board. Does he go to school?

I'm just curious, since the cat in the poster looks a lot like your cat avatar.

I simply cannot escape you, even in real life, Lonestar.
Old January 8, 2004, 16:03   #398
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Sunrise
What's a . . .

* Crimson Sunrise tries to sound out the word

H . . . ell . . . boiee?

Hell Boy
Old January 12, 2004, 23:31   #399
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 02:51
Fricken crazy.

Anyway, I'm almost back up to speed. Good to see Sovereign is back. Gonna have a little private altercation in my posts to get things warmed up with the Hive again.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2004, 23:51   #400
Lonestar
inmate
King

You better hurry, the Bree are about to disintigrate.
Old January 13, 2004, 00:33   #401
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

What?!

Well, I'm going to reply to the Drone message being sent in Hiverian space soon. Got my brain cooking now. But I still have to resolve things that Sprayber and I were thinking about before he went to take care of business (kick a** Sprayber)
Old January 13, 2004, 13:37   #402
Sovereign
Prince

Ahh, good ol' Franky is back!

You still want to continue where we left off? Keep in mind, the Academician is making a surprise visit to Terra and the new gigantic UA battlestations being built to protect Sol.

After the visit (probably in one more post) the Academician will be able to go for the meeting, like we discussed a while ago.
Old January 13, 2004, 17:22   #403
Frankychan
King

Hmmm, maybe we should have a delay......maybe just mention that things are too busy to pursue what we were planning before.
Old January 13, 2004, 22:19   #404
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovereign
Ahh, good ol' Franky is back!

You still want to continue where we left off? Keep in mind, the Academician is making a surprise visit to Terra and the new gigantic UA battlestations being built to protect Sol.

After the visit (probably in one more post) the Academician will be able to go for the meeting, like we discussed a while ago.
By the way, our lead man on Earth is still in UA custody.

Ubiqtorate (Protectorate Intel) also has a sinking suspiscion that there's a VIP visiting Earth, and the Agrippa (Battlecrusier) is in system collecting as much comm traffic as possible.
Old January 14, 2004, 16:57   #405
Sovereign
Prince

Hey there Lonestar!

The Protectorate must have some telepaths in its Intel service.

I'm trying to figure out what exactly to do with Mr. Stone. I mean, I'm figuring out what the UA will exchange Stone's freedom for. Perhaps some sort of agreement with the Protectorate such as "you stay in your backyard, and I'll stay in mine" kind of thing... or ask for a general map of Protectorate territory so not to cause more Roving incidents in the future.

Maybe something along these lines?
Old January 16, 2004, 00:29   #406
Lonestar
inmate
King

We demand a sphere of influence in Sotuhwestern North America. And full diplomatic relations with immediate trade to begin.
Old January 16, 2004, 23:43   #407
Mr. President
Emperor

Way to generate confidence in the negotiating partner, Lonestar.
Old January 16, 2004, 23:55   #408
Lonestar
inmate
King

That's why I'm the Chairman of the Apolyton Evil Capitalist Conservatives Party.
Old January 16, 2004, 23:56   #409
Lonestar
inmate
King

We also demand Hot Apple Pie with French Vanilla Ice Cream at the reception for the opening of your Embassy.
Old January 18, 2004, 14:26   #410
Sovereign
Prince

Demands, schudemands!

Here's my demands...

ANNEXATION OF PROTECTORATE TERRITORIES AND EVERYTHING TO THE UNIVERSITY!

How's that for a demand?

Seriously, I think I came up with something...

UA gives: The return of Agent Stone after debriefing.

UA demands: A map of Protectorate territory and holdings.

Protectorate gives: The map

Protectorate demands: Agent Stone, diplomacy, and trade. Embassy on Earth.

UA agrees to diplomacy and trade. The UA will also allow an embassy for the Protectorate on Earth, but with a couple of stipulations.

Stipulation 1: There will be no Protectorate weapons or instruments of destruction allowed outside of the Embassy. Only standard firearms will be allowed to be used in the embassy for security purposes.

Stipulation 2: The Embassy can be built where the Protectorate desires on Earth, but the land it is built on is subject to UA laws and regulations, as all the land, seas, air, and space areas in and around Earth and all UA holdings / territories.

That way, the Protectorate still gets Agent Stone, an Embassy, full diplomacy, and trading. The UA will get a map of Protectorate territory / holdings to avoid more Roving incidents.

I gotta see what I can do about the apple pie.
Old January 18, 2004, 17:39   #411
Lonestar
inmate
King

Buddy, you know what an embassy is? Tha means it's considered the soveriegn territory of that nation where the embassy compound is. You have no say what goes on in there. None!
Old January 18, 2004, 18:46   #412
Mr. President
Emperor

What have they done with my username?

www.crimsonsunrise.com
Old January 18, 2004, 21:17   #413
Sovereign
Prince

Oh boy, Crimson. Looks like a hacker's website or something.

Lonestar, I will drop stipulation #2 regarding the Embassy.

However, the UA restricts weapons in embassies built in UA territories by not only the Protectorate, but any other faction. Firearms are allowed though, for embassy guards. Instruments of explosives or mass destruction such as biological, chemical, and nuclear mini-bombs, as well as rocket launchers and explosives are not allowed whatsoever.

The UA does this by creating impenetrable checkpoints around the embassy by means of a wall with gates, and puts EVERYONE and every object / cargo through a security check for identity and the "banned" weapons. If the weapons or components of the weapons are found, they are seized immediately, and the person held for questioning. If the identity proves false, the person is arrested for fraud. Sort like an uber-police state.

This bypasses the diplomatic immunity that embassy grounds provides. This policy is fueled by the concern over terrorism, wanted criminals escaping, as well as spies and secret agents having a base of operations to conduct espionage.

Other than that issue, everything else is peaches.
Old January 18, 2004, 21:22   #414
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:

However, the UA restricts weapons in embassies built in UA territories by not only the Protectorate, but any other faction. Firearms are allowed though, for embassy guards. Instruments of explosives or mass destruction such as biological, chemical, and nuclear mini-bombs, as well as rocket launchers and explosives are not allowed whatsoever.
See, to me that sounds pretty reasonable. Besides, if I were an ambassador, there's no way the government could convince me to keep Marburg virus in my basement.

Might be a little restrictive for the Texan astronauts from Beta Hydri, though.
Old January 18, 2004, 21:28   #415
Sovereign
Prince

Heh.

The Texans need to be lasso'ed in.
Old January 18, 2004, 21:32   #416
Mr. President
Emperor

They need to learn some respect for the Northern master.
Old January 18, 2004, 21:35   #417
Sovereign
Prince

You read my mind, Prez.

Any idea when you'll be able to write about Gary and Derek? Just wondering.

By the way, that avatar woman looks familiar. I think I might have seen her in a gaming magazine. Isn't she a Playstation or Xbox character?
Old January 18, 2004, 22:48   #418
Lonestar
inmate
King

Lasso'd in my hiney.

Damnit, we live in a society of laws....Diplomatic packets and everything! Does that mean you can rummage through personally delievered messages too?
Old January 18, 2004, 22:49   #419
Lonestar
inmate
King

Besides, you get a map and we don't? Whatchoo talking about willis?
Old January 18, 2004, 23:00   #420
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
You read my mind, Prez.

Any idea when you'll be able to write about Gary and Derek? Just wondering.

By the way, that avatar woman looks familiar. I think I might have seen her in a gaming magazine. Isn't she a Playstation or Xbox character?
Yeah, sorry about not posting the new story section. I've been busier than I thought I would be. It's definitely on the way, though.

The avatar is Joanna Dark, as in Perfect Dark. (Shameless advertising for my friend's web site. )