Old February 21, 2003, 15:14   #61
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 02:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Good luck and God Bless.

Give 'em hell.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2003, 01:03   #62
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 22:50
See you soon, Sprayber.
Old February 22, 2003, 08:31   #63
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 15:50
Good luck. Come back in one piece.
Old February 22, 2003, 18:14   #64
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 08:50
Good Luck Sprayber.

Remember to duck!

-Lonestar, who's going to the Persian Gulf "No later than" May 8th.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2003, 23:40   #65
Lonestar
inmate
King

Frankychan, you may want to read the latest post, as it involves the GHE.
Old March 2, 2003, 19:57   #66
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Just read it and I like. Now I gotta get back on the ball in BAC.

Working on a post to deal with the Drone ship in Hive space and also going to have a coupla diplomatic posts coming up as well.
Old March 3, 2003, 02:11   #67
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:50
Glad to see that somebody got off their ass and wrote up a post, even if it wasn't me.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2003, 00:31   #68
Frankychan
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
Glad to see that somebody got off their ass and wrote up a post, even if it wasn't me.
Old March 8, 2003, 20:36   #69
Lonestar
inmate
King

Get off your lazy non-USN asses and write, blast it!
Old March 9, 2003, 21:42   #70
Frankychan
King

Spooky, my first post in a looong time.

I'm starting to get back into the flow. But most of my post will probably be slow for now until I get the momentum back. Good to see your still here Lonestar, I thought you were gonna get shipped out.

BTW, what's "non-USN"?
Old March 9, 2003, 21:44   #71
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Non-United States Navy, I believe.
Old March 9, 2003, 21:56   #72
Frankychan
King

Thanks.

And good to see ya, Gen. Tacticus
Old March 9, 2003, 23:42   #73
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Okay, now I've done a post of my own to move the Cadre situation along a bit too.
Old March 11, 2003, 15:26   #74
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Frankychan
Spooky, my first post in a looong time.

I'm starting to get back into the flow. But most of my post will probably be slow for now until I get the momentum back. Good to see your still here Lonestar, I thought you were gonna get shipped out.

BTW, what's "non-USN"?
Was. Turns out there wasn't enough money in the budget to get my ass flown out to the ship (I'm an E-3), so I'm killing time here in Pensacola.

All the money's going to blowing stuff up!
Old March 12, 2003, 00:17   #75
Frankychan
King

that sucks.
Old March 12, 2003, 05:20   #76
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Don't forget the money that's going to be wasted invested in reconstruction.
Old March 12, 2003, 11:50   #77
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 07:50
Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar

Was. Turns out there wasn't enough money in the budget to get my ass flown out to the ship (I'm an E-3), so I'm killing time here in Pensacola.

All the money's going to blowing stuff up!
Somehow, I won't be as lucky when they fly my E-5 ass out of Fort Sill OK.

All of our M-16's, M-203's, and our two M60's are packed in the armory truck and ready to go. Our gear is on pallets and all that awaits is for Saturday to roll around and for us to drive out to Fort Sill. We will spend a week or so there getting even more gear, shots, and maybe some more NBC training. Then we will board the commerical jet chartered for the 224th and we will be on our way to Kuwait or Turkey for our first of many homes.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2003, 16:09   #78
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber

Somehow, I won't be as lucky when they fly my E-5 ass out of Fort Sill OK.

All of our M-16's, M-203's, and our two M60's are packed in the armory truck and ready to go. Our gear is on pallets and all that awaits is for Saturday to roll around and for us to drive out to Fort Sill. We will spend a week or so there getting even more gear, shots, and maybe some more NBC training. Then we will board the commerical jet chartered for the 224th and we will be on our way to Kuwait or Turkey for our first of many homes.
with any luck, you'll get there just in time for "occupation duty".

Hey guys! Post another addition!
Old March 13, 2003, 22:02   #79
Mr. President
Emperor

I can't promise anything . . .

Especially since the computer I use for my actual stuff is dead.
Old March 13, 2003, 23:42   #80
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 07:50
adios
I just wanted to make my last post in a BAC thread. I know its just a story but it is a story that for a while carried me to another place when my real life seemed to be crumbling around me. Through the joy of meeting my fiance to the pain of watching her die, BAC was always a backdrop that I used to write away the turmoil. I understand that in the course of my absence some or all of you all may drift away because of the pressures of real life or a lack of progress in BAC. That's ok. Perhaps in time it will rise back to full strenght.

BAC was never my story. It is the story of Franky, Mr. President, Kass, Sovereign, General Tac, History Guy, Lonestar, Silence, Cybergod and yes even Mellian and Alynzia. All Smac addics with a fertile imagination and a talent for sharing those imaginations. I for on am glad that you all shared.

If I were Marcus Kessel, I would maintain my firm Spartan exterior and simply go away to do my duty. But I am Chris Sprayberry, so I'll allow myself a smile and a small sense of pride at our accomplishment. Keep on writing in some form or another so I'll have plent of Smac stories to catch up on when I get back.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2003, 14:00   #81
Frankychan
King

Man....

I'm sorry that you gotta go. But when duty calls, you just gotta pick your self up and do your duty. We'll miss ya Sprayber so take care of yourself and keep on truckin'.

Kick a**.
Old March 15, 2003, 22:52   #82
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 12:50
Er hello again.
;;puffs of smoke as Silence once again reappears;;
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2003, 02:19   #83
Mr. President
Emperor

Re: adios
Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
I just wanted to make my last post in a BAC thread. I know its just a story but it is a story that for a while carried me to another place when my real life seemed to be crumbling around me. Through the joy of meeting my fiance to the pain of watching her die, BAC was always a backdrop that I used to write away the turmoil. I understand that in the course of my absence some or all of you all may drift away because of the pressures of real life or a lack of progress in BAC. That's ok. Perhaps in time it will rise back to full strenght.

BAC was never my story. It is the story of Franky, Mr. President, Kass, Sovereign, General Tac, History Guy, Lonestar, Silence, Cybergod and yes even Mellian and Alynzia. All Smac addics with a fertile imagination and a talent for sharing those imaginations. I for on am glad that you all shared.

If I were Marcus Kessel, I would maintain my firm Spartan exterior and simply go away to do my duty. But I am Chris Sprayberry, so I'll allow myself a smile and a small sense of pride at our accomplishment. Keep on writing in some form or another so I'll have plent of Smac stories to catch up on when I get back.
You got it. But AC-Fiction won't be the same without you. Nonetheless, we'll be here when you get back.
Old March 16, 2003, 02:22   #84
Mr. President
Emperor

Where ya been, Silence?
Old March 16, 2003, 19:23   #85
Silence
Warlord

I been mostly at Spacebattles and the Frontier which has been sucking up most of my time.

I kept on delaying comeing back becuase of each new crisis that would occur, and it was when I came across a google search of somebody asking where I was (from this forum) I decided I should make a post here to proove that I am not dead.

Which in the meantime I figured out what I am going to due to the Believers now.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Old March 17, 2003, 03:57   #86
Mr. President
Emperor

Cool.

When you say "The Frontier" you mean this place, right? I was thinking of joining, but I worried I'd be totally lost. I hate to ask a dumb question, but what goes on over there?
Old March 17, 2003, 13:11   #87
Silence
Warlord

Yes that would be the place.

What goes on over there? Well instead of a game of BAC in a single thread, there would be an entire forum devoted to it where each of the nations would have a thread for a budget, news, and miltary.

Then a conflict or a story would have its own thread as well.

Currently the Frontier has an open make your own race type of a game of Ad Astra which I haphep to be a moderator of.

http://www.tb3.org.uk/phpBB2/groupcp.php?g=689

It also has a game set in the battletech universe, and several geo-politcal days from various times in history to one set in current affairs.

David Weber
Old March 17, 2003, 20:22   #88
Lonestar
inmate
King

Silence, you registered with Stardestroyer.net yet?
Old March 18, 2003, 10:53   #89
Silence
Warlord

No not really, there is a Cult of Weber missionary over there anyway from what I saw.

I may in the future though.

David Weber
Old March 18, 2003, 15:43   #90
Lonestar
inmate
King

Bah, I do not care much for Weber. Give me Harry Turtledove anyday!