Old March 19, 2003, 20:18   #91
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 06:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Sprayber, you will always be remembered as the hero of BAC! Hip hip, hooray! Hip hip, hooray! Hip hip, hooray!

I do trust that Providence guides you safetly through this war, and back to us.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2003, 04:09   #92
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 02:51
I said it once and I'll say it again...now that things are "hitting the fan".

Sprayber and Lonestar, watch out for yourselve's and kick some a**.

Good to see Mr. Prez, Silence, Lonestar, and History Guy again!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2003, 15:33   #93
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 08:51
My ship was involved in the first wave of bombings last night. My sponsor (The other CTM for the ship) sent me some badass footage..

The e-mail appears to still work.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2003, 05:08   #94
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

cool. at least you sound safe. I hope Sprayber is doing ok there. I just hope Saddam isn't as crazy as everyone says he is and use his bio/chem weapons....but he's probably not.
Old March 22, 2003, 06:34   #95
Frankychan
King

I have been reading the other threads and I am pretty surprised. Even tho my loyalty is toward BAC, I am pretty surprised to see many defector's. However, I would not mind participating in a collaborative SMAC story so long as I am part of the Human Hive.

Long Live Chairman Sheng-ji Yang!!!
Old March 22, 2003, 06:55   #96
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:51
It's not defection, just signing up for another story. I still intend to participate in BAC.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2003, 17:43   #97
Frankychan
King

whoa, I was just kidding General.
Old March 22, 2003, 18:00   #98
Lonestar
inmate
King

Write something, damnit!
Old March 22, 2003, 22:20   #99
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 22:51
I wasn't planning on joining the other story.

And I will write, eventually.
Old March 28, 2003, 03:20   #100
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Hey everyone. I come with a dilemma.

If I'm not mistaken, the only ones of the people in this thread who know Magic: the Gathering well are myself and Frankychan, but everyone can help since it's actually a question about art. I still miss a few cards known as "dual lands" that, because Wizards of the Coast has very set ideas about how good and/or how common cards are supposed to be, will never be printed again. So I need to select one that will be my "home land" and displayed prominently whenever appropriate.

Anyway, enough of the boring background. I've narrowed it down to three candidates. All I need you to do is click the links below, and tell me which picture you like best. Should my home land be:

The Underground Sea?
http://www.essentialmagic.com/cards/ViewCard.asp?ID=287

The Tundra?
http://www.essentialmagic.com/cards/ViewCard.asp?ID=286

The Tropical Island?
http://www.essentialmagic.com/cards/ViewCard.asp?ID=285

(This is what I love about BAC. You don't get to look at paintings in NESes.)
Old March 28, 2003, 13:38   #101
Frankychan
King

i'm biased. I've used the Underground Sea more than the other two. Blue counterspell mixed with Black creatures and effects are pretty fun.

Although it's a little gloomy. Tropical Island would be my second pick.
Old March 29, 2003, 18:32   #102
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 12:51
Anyway I was thinking, would anybody really mind if the Believers launched a Crusade to retake the Holy Lands back on Earth?
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2003, 19:20   #103
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 15:51
I won't mind...

I have been trying to put this off quite a lot lately, and I've been pondering this. I have come to the conclusion that I'll have to quit BAC - I have done it in practice, but not yet in spirit. I feel I have nothing left to contribute. There is nothing left to say.

I can feel this story slipping through my grasp like so many other writing projects I've had in the past. The characters, the plans, the events, they fade away, become obsolote ghosts of the past. They are slowly replaced by new, interesting, clever ideas, things that fascinate me more.

I think it came to this because I simply lacked the willpower. I never had the patience to sit down and read the story again until I got a hold of things again. That, and I feel this type of writing isn't exactly my sort any longer. Collaborative writing is intriguing and exhilirating at best, but my writing style is starting to become more like short bursts of quick creativity that can't be held back by rules and limits set in agreement with others. I can't work properly under restrictions any longer.

Also, I want to concentrate on writing prose in Finnish.

So, I hope you'll understand my decision. Do whatever you wish with the characters and the Coalition (oh, the ring of that name today makes me cringe) I have created, no dibs on them. Maybe some day I'll come back, or at least review what you have accomplished.
Old March 29, 2003, 22:49   #104
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Silence
Anyway I was thinking, would anybody really mind if the Believers launched a Crusade to retake the Holy Lands back on Earth?
I think it'd be interesting.

Quote:

Originally posted by Kassiopeia

I have been trying to put this off quite a lot lately, and I've been pondering this. I have come to the conclusion that I'll have to quit BAC - I have done it in practice, but not yet in spirit. I feel I have nothing left to contribute. There is nothing left to say.

I can feel this story slipping through my grasp like so many other writing projects I've had in the past. The characters, the plans, the events, they fade away, become obsolote ghosts of the past. They are slowly replaced by new, interesting, clever ideas, things that fascinate me more.

I think it came to this because I simply lacked the willpower. I never had the patience to sit down and read the story again until I got a hold of things again. That, and I feel this type of writing isn't exactly my sort any longer. Collaborative writing is intriguing and exhilirating at best, but my writing style is starting to become more like short bursts of quick creativity that can't be held back by rules and limits set in agreement with others. I can't work properly under restrictions any longer.

Also, I want to concentrate on writing prose in Finnish.

So, I hope you'll understand my decision. Do whatever you wish with the characters and the Coalition (oh, the ring of that name today makes me cringe) I have created, no dibs on them. Maybe some day I'll come back, or at least review what you have accomplished.
Well, I'm sorry to hear that, because I've enjoyed reading your contributions. But if you wish to stop, of course you can. I hope you stick around AC-Fiction.
Old March 30, 2003, 11:04   #105
Lonestar
inmate
King

Anyone who has not gone to the Apolyton Sci-fi book club and voted for The Moon is a Harsh Mistress needs to go there now!

It's over in the OT. Don't let Che win 3 months in a row...
Old March 30, 2003, 11:41   #106
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 12:51
Yea stick around, I notice that doing this kind of stuff, there are natural waves of going up and goind down.

Also Kassiopeia could you give the links to the NGE essays, I just saw most of the show and would like to read them again now I know what its talking about.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2003, 14:33   #107
Sovereign
Prince

Local Time: 07:51
BA-BUMP!!!

I'm back, and a story post to boot!

Finally had the free time to write up a post. If I can find some more free time, I can post one or two more posts relating to GHE and possibly the Quantum experiments.

So, what else is new here?

Laters.
Old April 1, 2003, 19:47   #108
Mr. President
Emperor

Hey, Sovereign!

I was beginning to wonder where you were. Welcome back.

If you read a little above your post here, Kassiopeia decided to stop writing, at least for a while. Sprayber is travelling with his National Guard unit. Other than that, it's business as usual. Sort of.
Old April 1, 2003, 19:57   #109
Frankychan
King

Wow, a lot of stuff has gone on.

Kass-sorry to see you go, but I see your point. I hope you'll stay out of trouble and I'll see ya around Apolyton.

Silence-doesn't seem to be a problem with me. Go nuts.

Sovereign-whoa. good to see you again. How's your classes going? Like Mr. Prez says, some ppl have left BAC, some ppl are fighting in the war. Not much, but glad to see you're still kicking!

Mr. Prez-I heard that they are selling pre-packed decks now. Is that true? Oh yeah, did I already ask you if you play Magic online?

Lonestar-sorry, I haven't read any of those books you've proposed. The latest sci-fi book I've read is the Thrawn Trilogy for Star Wars.
Old April 2, 2003, 03:15   #110
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Frankychan

Mr. Prez-I heard that they are selling pre-packed decks now. Is that true? Oh yeah, did I already ask you if you play Magic online?
'Tis true about pre-packed decks. They usually follow a theme - for example, each of the 7th Edition ones showcases the strengths of a certain color, while for Legions there's a pre-constructed Sliver deck, a pre-constructed Morph deck, and so on. The advantage is that you always know what you're getting. The disadvantage is also that you always know what you're getting - buying lots of boosters insures that your collection is more varied.

As for Magic online, I don't play it. You have to pay for the virtual cards, which may seem like a strange concept. However, you can later exchange your online cards for actual cards!
Old April 2, 2003, 03:19   #111
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:51
Welcome back, Sovereign
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2003, 11:39   #112
Sovereign
Prince

Local Time: 07:51
Heh...

what a welcome back, eh?

Ahh, so Kass is leaving, and Sprayber is temporarily MIA?

I wonder what will become of the Earth Coalition then? Should someone take up writing for the faction, like me or Franky, since we both had plans going on for the Coalition-GHE-UCS alliance thing.

I do have several ideas how to take the Earth Coalition, keeping it in a police state, true to Kass's original portrayal. Think Soviet Union, or China.

Franky I'm finally getting some loads of work done and off my shoulders. So I might have some free time to contribute some more to BAC.

Should I go ahead and try to think up and write a post regarding the UCS and GHE story arc / alliance? Or should we wait a bit for a month or two until stuff settles down?

Mr. President Do you want me to pick up where your team left off for the temple plot? Or are you planning on writing something about how your temple team arrives at the planet in UCS territory?

Lonestar There ya go. I wrote up my response to your fleet "challenge" with the alien ship. Let me know what you think.

I gotta jet to grab some chow. Catch y'all later.
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2003, 20:43   #113
Mr. President
Emperor

Kass said

Quote:
Do whatever you wish with the characters and the Coalition
so I think it's pretty much open for use. I think Silence wanted to have the Believers invade the Holy Land, so you three should talk about plot lines.

As for the Temple research, I don't much mind who writes the arrival. You can do it if you like, since you probably have a better idea at the moment of what travelling in the UCS is like.

I just now had another idea, to do with the Bree, but I don't have time to write it now. Basically the idea just involved an autopsy on Bree soldiers and discovering that they're genetically or mechanically enhanced.
Old April 3, 2003, 18:06   #114
Lonestar
inmate
King

Sovereign, posted a response, with a surprise ending!

Mr. president, the surprise ending being that the explosion was caused by Bree operatives, seeking revenge for what the Protectorate had been doing with regards to capturing folks. This will precipitate a war between the Protectorate and Bree, and the Galaxy at large will see the Protectorate in action for the first time.
Old April 3, 2003, 23:49   #115
Mr. President
Emperor

I have a new post too!

Lonestar, I hear ya. There might be some material for you in my newest post.
Old April 4, 2003, 12:26   #116
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Kass...I could kill ya...but I won't.

Good to hear from you, old chap. Sorry to see you go.

I had better start writing that post that Kass was doing...
Old April 4, 2003, 14:17   #117
Frankychan
King

Sovereign,

Hmmm, I'm not quite too sure. I think if you want to continue the UCS-GHE plot from your side, that would be acceptable. Maybe if you just sort of mention it in your posts dealing with the other events that would be fine. From reading your last couple of posts, you seem to have a lot going on in University space so I wouldnt' want you to feel overburdened.

I like your idea on having one of us continue the Earth plot. Although History Guy looks like he wants in so that's cool too.

Go BAC!
Old April 4, 2003, 23:19   #118
History Guy
King

Franky, well, I'm just writing the bit with the peace conference that we'd been planning for ages. With the horrific, DRAMATIC scenes. Note that these will be DRAMATIC - intense DRAMA will be in these highly DRAMATIC scenes...chock full of DRAMATIC DRAMA. Not to mention the DRAMA.

Errr...I wasn't going to take over the Earthers...but if you want me to blow some around with Morgan's new bioweapons...heck, that's OK to me...ahahahahahaha!

(It was then that Franky realized that CEO Nwabudike Morgan had gone completely insane.)
Old April 4, 2003, 23:44   #119
Lonestar
inmate
King

Posted a short explanation of what Happened to Lord Protector McDiarmid. More and more of his abilities are being revealed.

*Yes, I originally intended for him to be a pyschotic Paul Maud'ib type charecter*
Old April 13, 2003, 13:02   #120
Lonestar
inmate
King

Hello? Hello? Bueller? Bueller?