Old April 24, 2003, 00:18   #151
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 22:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ooh, yes I did. Gaah!
Old April 24, 2003, 00:31   #152
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 08:51
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
Were you guys aware that somehow the chatroom handles in my last post were lost? I distinctly remember typing them in. Now I have to edit them back in!

Bored, eh? Why don't you go over to CGN and start a fight?
Because, when I'm not online I'm playing DiabloII: LOD.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24, 2003, 00:34   #153
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Yeah, not even tweaking morons at the CivGamingNetwork beats Diablo.
Old April 24, 2003, 02:22   #154
Mr. President
Emperor

Say, Lonestar, you're not gonna destroy the entire Bree, are you? Leave some for future stories!

By the way, I just wanted to clear up something in your last post. You mentioned the term "co-belligerent". You were thinking of Sparta contributing forces, yes?
Old April 24, 2003, 03:20   #155
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 02:51
Bah! you cannot destroy the ENTIRE Bree just like that. it would take centuries to destroy all of them!

Sorry, somethings come up so it might take long for me to post...
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24, 2003, 09:20   #156
Sovereign
Prince

Local Time: 07:51
Yipppeeee.................

Finally made a story post.

I'll try to pick up the GHE stuff, hopefully within the next two weeks. I can handle the extra load, since I'm spending a lot of time in the computer labs at my college.

Hope you enjoyed the suspenseful ending.
Old April 24, 2003, 10:05   #157
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 12:51
Mr. President: No there isn't anything by Kass in the datalinks thread except a link to a site that doesn't work anymore.

I was just wondering before I go off to see if Kass has it still that if anybody saved a copy of the informantion.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24, 2003, 11:01   #158
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Say, Lonestar, you're not gonna destroy the entire Bree, are you? Leave some for future stories!

By the way, I just wanted to clear up something in your last post. You mentioned the term "co-belligerent". You were thinking of Sparta contributing forces, yes?
"Co-belligerant" is a term the Finns used in WW2 when they were fighting the Soviets with the Germans. It means they aren't allies, but happen to be fighting the same guys at the same time.
Old April 24, 2003, 21:06   #159
Mr. President
Emperor

Kassiopeia might still have that information. I didn't save it or anything, since I didn't know that his website was one day going to become an Evangelion site.
Old April 25, 2003, 09:36   #160
Sovereign
Prince

Guys, a note.....

The University Commonwealth of States is now University Alliance, after the big terrorist attack, and a lot of reforms are "happening" in the University "empire".

Henceforth, the UCS is from now on known as the UA.

I wanted to shake things up a bit.

By the way, how was my latest post?

Laters.
Old April 25, 2003, 14:07   #161
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

I think it was pretty damn good!
Old April 25, 2003, 22:39   #162
Silence
Warlord

Well I posted, I hope it was a decent enough post for everybody.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Old April 25, 2003, 23:35   #163
Mr. President
Emperor

Nice work, Silence and Sovereign!
Old April 26, 2003, 00:57   #164
Lonestar
inmate
King

POsted my agent observing the Believer attack on Earth. Later on, I may have EC ships and Warships fleeing into the Protectorate, seeking sanctuary.
Old April 26, 2003, 01:10   #165
Mr. President
Emperor

Do they know where that is?
Old April 26, 2003, 09:34   #166
Silence
Warlord

I was thinking in my next post, one of the probe teams can steal the coffers from the EC. Then deal with the University forces as they come join the battle.

David Weber
Old April 26, 2003, 11:53   #167
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Do they know where that is?
By now, everone probaly has a good idea where. Remember, the Protectorate only has 3 systems (well, four if you count Eoforwic)
Old April 27, 2003, 18:43   #168
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 13:51
Hello people! I see that all of you have been busy as I ventured my way...

I am so so so sorry that I haven't posted a single thing for a long time here (or much anywhere else on 'Poly). And I would like to formally, unless you have already done so in my absence, abdicate from my post as a writer for the Saturn Kingdom. Do what you like with it (Kassiopea and Sovereign) as I have absolutely no time to dedicate to any hobby excluding schoot-em-ups at the moment.

Once again I trully apologise for being like dead in this forum.
Old April 27, 2003, 21:01   #169
Lonestar
inmate
King

Alright, I think I'm going to do a post with regards to interning EC ships at Roving. Any arguments? It'll be mostly be Destroyers, with the largest being a few battleships. There'll be refugees, and I might set up a "Free Earth".
Old April 27, 2003, 22:30   #170
Silence
Warlord

Do remember that there is about 1/4 of the EC fleet left in the out near jupiter.

David Weber
Old April 28, 2003, 12:59   #171
Sovereign
Prince

Hi there, CyberGod.

I regret to inform you that Kass has abdicated as well, so I'll take up the reins for the Saturnia Kingdom.

Lonestar I have no objections. However, this will become interesting when the UA liberates Earth, and then the "survivors" would raise questions aganist the Protectorate like

"Why didn't the Protectorate do anything while the University Alliance risked lives and ships to liberate Earth?"

That would be an interesting conflict.

Also, what about the aftermath in the WU system with Admiral Fel and the Dosi?

Silence I'll go ahead and write up a post about the UA cleaning up the battlefield, and landing its robotic troops on Earth.

I think it'd be interesting to see how the Believers deal with "God-less fighting machinery" that replaces the UA marines on the ground battlefield.

I plan on dropping UA forces in Egypt and Afghanistan, and open 2 fronts in America- one from Los Angeles and another from Boston.

I'll also try to write up something to further the "society change" in the UA, and maybe pick up on the GHE story thread.

I guess that pretty much sums it up for now.

Laters.
Old April 28, 2003, 14:04   #172
Lonestar
inmate
King

Gave another post.

Sovereign If you want you can have a post where some of your Marines meet up with Agent Stone in North America, who helps them remove a Believer fortification.
Old April 28, 2003, 17:29   #173
Frankychan
King

Wow...

Cyber-good to see that your still kicking but I'm sorry that you gotta go, but we understand. It's all good.

Okay guys, I'm fighting life problems right now but I'm working on a new post to deal with some backlogged stuff. It'll have the overdue Drone situation, the Protectorate-Bree tussle, and I'll try to incorporate the Believers in it as well. It won't really have any action in it, but it's going to have a lot of socio-political maneuverings.

I'll also see if I can make some communiques to Academician Randius (UA) and Protector Ian (PoM).

Good to see y'all again.
Old April 28, 2003, 18:05   #174
Silence
Warlord

Soverign: What do you mean about cleaning up the battlefield?

Anyway once you post I will get another in cooking.

David Weber
Old April 28, 2003, 18:50   #175
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Frankychan

I'll also see if I can make some communiques to Academician Randius (UA) and Protector Ian (PoM).

Good to see y'all again.
Ian is in a coma.
Old April 28, 2003, 19:23   #176
Frankychan
King

Dammit! Sorry, I meant Mr. Pym. But since Yang doesn't know what's happened in Protectorate space, it will be addressed to him. Maybe you can have someone find out how to monitor Ian's messages or something?
Old April 28, 2003, 20:38   #177
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Frankychan
Dammit! Sorry, I meant Mr. Pym. But since Yang doesn't know what's happened in Protectorate space, it will be addressed to him. Maybe you can have someone find out how to monitor Ian's messages or something?
Sure.

And it's Dr. Pym, Islander.
Old April 29, 2003, 02:34   #178
Frankychan
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar

Sure.

And it's Dr. Pym, Islander.
You Texans sure are bold, aren't you?

I left out his title intentionally!
Old April 29, 2003, 02:39   #179
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:51
Hmmm... that reminds me (via a case of mistaken identity): whatever happened to Mr. Sym, the spy? I don't recall...
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2003, 03:01   #180
Frankychan
King

*shifty eyes* Oh, that would be my fault.....He's still headed toward Hive territory to help with the economic reconstruction project. sorry!