Obey your mainland Overlords!
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2003, 09:39   #182
Sovereign
Prince

Local Time: 07:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Silence

What I meant by "clearing out the battlefield" is the UA taking out Believer ships or at least making them flee, abandoning their ground forces.

I'm in the process of writing the battle between UA and Believing spaceships with casaulties on both sides, then write how my UA forces land in Egypt, Afghanistan, Boston and Los Angeles, then work their way through the Believing occupying forces in Israel, Iraq, Texas, Iowa, etc.

After that, I have plans that several Believing commanders are found to be supporting the terrorists that blew up the building in my previous post. Then the UA will start a purge of suspected terrorists, supporters, etc... sort of what America would have done to terrorists already if America wasn't a democracy, like touture, arrest without rights, imprison on suspicion, etc.

Perhaps you could do the Believer's perpsective of the UA "liberation" of Earth, then have the survivors flee or something.

Lonestar I'll have a detachment of my marines meet up with Stone. It's ironic, considering the tension between the PoM and UA, especially after Roving and now Wu.

Any word on the Dosi reaction to the Wu incident, with the UA escaping with most of the Hferin vessel intact?

Back to story-writing.
Old April 29, 2003, 10:42   #183
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 12:51
Uh no nearly the entire Believer fleet is there, your not going to be able to scatter them in one post. I didn't like doing that with the EC, but they became a NPC, I wanted to have some room for a many post battle between us with the EC being the wildcard.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2003, 10:57   #184
Silence
Warlord

How about this instead of the one post KOs that we can both do to each other.

The Universty attacks the Believer fleet and it quickly become a mess, with single units fighting all over the Solar system. Meanwhile UA troops start landing in Europe and in the US and we begin to fight in city fighting there and in the desert.

the Believers push back the Middle Eastern offensive through Turkey and into Europe, while the Believers in the US retreat and make a risky orbital drop to pincer the UA forces in Europe. Meanwhile in space the battle is reaching a stalemate between UA technology, and Believers number and skill.

A peace is proposed and we divide the Earth between us then have a cold war?
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Old April 29, 2003, 11:29   #185
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 08:51
Quote:
Originally posted by Sovereign
Lonestar I'll have a detachment of my marines meet up with Stone. It's ironic, considering the tension between the PoM and UA, especially after Roving and now Wu.

Any word on the Dosi reaction to the Wu incident, with the UA escaping with most of the Hferin vessel intact?

Back to story-writing.
No, but you'll notice that the squadron Admiral Fel was commanding is back at Roving (for the time being)
Old April 29, 2003, 14:24   #186
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 13:51
Hey Franky, hows the Hive going on? Anyone post a gist or something to like give a summary of you storyies. I'd like to see what has happened in the story, wanna see what plots and schemes did the diabolic minds come up with...

As far as I've gathered, Earth is in crumbles...
Old April 29, 2003, 15:18   #187
Sovereign
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Silence
Uh no nearly the entire Believer fleet is there, your not going to be able to scatter them in one post. I didn't like doing that with the EC, but they became a NPC, I wanted to have some room for a many post battle between us with the EC being the wildcard.
I understand your point of view and I respect it. However, this could pose a few issues and kinks.

I personally have no problem with multi-post battles or showdowns.

However, I didn't know the entire Believing fleet would be there. I was under the assumption that the Believers would keep some of its fleet to defend their worlds, and crush the rogue Hand of God or something (can't remember exactly) in Believing territory.

I wouldn't mind doing the battles in sequence... like first at Mars, then at Luna and Earth, then the ground battles in America and Mid-East.

A stalemate and splitting Earth into half UA and half Believing? I'm not sure about that. Me and Franky had some plans and ideas about Earth before you did the Crusade.

You see, me, Kass, and Franky were planning on having a trimvirate, the UA, GHE, and EC as the "axis" police states... to face off aganist Sparta, Free Drones, and Morganites.

Then Kass left and said that anybody would be welcome to write up for the EC / Earth. Me and Franky agreed that we'll still have Earth / EC join our "alliance" and have the trimvirate.

The Cold War wouldn't be a good idea at this time, since the plans were somewhat put into motion, as well as a similiar developing plot thread with the UA and Protectorate of Man.

I propose a compromise. Here goes....

Lets do a battle at Mars (first line of defense). Second battle in the area around Earth with space forces (second line of defense). We have our space battle stalemate there.

The UA lands troops in America and Africa, then the Believers stop the UA advance in Egypt, and the Egypt campaign becomes a stalemate.

The UA liberates America, while you can do your suggestion, by having your surviving troops do the "risky orbital insertion" from America into Egypt to try to help your defending Mid-East group.

By that time, the Israelis begin to take the offensive after your forces become engaged with the UA forces, fighting a 2 front "war".

We end up in a stalemate, and decide to sit down and have talks. The UA offers some technology and compensation in credits in return for Earth, or something along these lines. That way, the Believers will recieve some reward such as a couple of high level technologies and some money to help with internal affairs like money for building new ships, and Franky and I can continue our plans for the Police State Earth as we orginally did.

The UA gets something, the Believers get something, Earth gets something.... a win-win situation, I guess.

I'm being honest and trying to be fair. Please let me know any suggestions or ideas regarding the conflict.

Laters.
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2003, 15:19   #188
Sovereign
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar

No, but you'll notice that the squadron Admiral Fel was commanding is back at Roving (for the time being)
Ok, no worries there, Lonestar. I was just curious.

I'm kinda of a continuity freak, you know?

Laters.
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2003, 16:46   #189
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:

Ok, no worries there, Lonestar. I was just curious.

I'm kinda of a continuity freak, you know?

Laters.
So how do you explain the Spaarti clone cylinders in Heir to the Empire?
Old April 29, 2003, 17:47   #190
Silence
Warlord

Hmm that actually sounds good, though I was sort of hoping for some land...

Anyway that reminds me who is left on Chiron? Perhaps the Cruasers could go there and take over the old Beliving Bases?

David Weber
Old April 29, 2003, 18:45   #191
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 22:51
I think the U.N. Peacekeepers control Chiron.

For the fate of Earth: what about a concept from the age of imperialism - the sphere of influence.

For example: as part of the peace deal, certain parts of Earth like, for example, the mainland United States, are to be a Believer sphere of influence. They are not allowed to station troops there, but that territory is politically affiliated with their nation.

You wouldn't wanna do too much of Earth this way, of course, if you're planning to keep it as a state.

Just a thought.
Old April 29, 2003, 20:58   #192
Lonestar
inmate
King

The Protectorate would go nuts about any such agreement!

Unless it was involved.
Old April 29, 2003, 21:02   #193
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Don't be an obstructionist!

Or, as we say where I come from, a French President.
Old April 29, 2003, 23:04   #194
Silence
Warlord

How about Middle East then if I couldn't have US as a sphere of influence?

David Weber
Old April 29, 2003, 23:41   #195
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 02:51
"Mainland Overlord?" Bah! We shall revolt against them!

Anyway, things are looking like their picking up. Cyber-the Hive is being diabolical as always and shifting its stance between Sparta and the Protectorate.

I like Sovereign's and Mr. President's idea of having Earth carved up into Zone's of Control. I was thinking that one of Yang's goals was to have part (if not all) of Earth under the GHE. Sov is correct in that we were planning on creating an alliance against the Spartans...but seeing as how the Protectorate wants a piece of what's not theirs...I believe the Hive will be more than willing to convince them otherwise.

Silence-It would be pretty interesting to see a Believer return to Chiron...seeing as how the PK's control it, but no one really picked them up fully.

Ok, WARNING people. My next post is going to be looooong so watch out. I'll try and get everything I missed up until this point, but if not then I'll post an addendum to it.

Peace out, baby!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2003, 00:48   #196
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Silence
How about Middle East then if I couldn't have US as a sphere of influence?
I don't see why you couldn't have the U.S. as a sphere of influence - but the interested writers should talk about it.

Quote:
Ok, WARNING people. My next post is going to be looooong so watch out. I'll try and get everything I missed up until this point, but if not then I'll post an addendum to it.
No problem.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Emperor Yang made of the Drone probe mission.
Old April 30, 2003, 01:20   #197
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Mr. Prez

I'll have later posts which will go more indepth with the survivors....ppl will get to see the inner workings of Hive politics toward *hostile governments.
Old April 30, 2003, 03:43   #198
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:51
Is there going to be any Hive reaction to the attempt to kill Menelaus? Presumably Yang would have heard about it by now through the troops he has stationed there.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2003, 04:52   #199
Frankychan
King

not for a while...the Drone's spying on the Hive as well as the Bree's demands (which will be posted soon) will be on Yang's mind first hand. However, I'll have our intel brief Yang on the Cadre's affairs...he does have a keen interest on who wins the civil war there tho. But the Spartans still have their fleet there if I remember correctly.
Old April 30, 2003, 05:46   #200
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:51
Yes. They're still frozen in time waiting for somebody to write up what happens next in orbit...
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2003, 12:01   #201
Sovereign
Prince

All right....

I have another idea.

The UA will allow the Believers AND the PoM to establish embassies on Earth.

The Believers can establish an embassy complex in Jerusalem on Earth, while the PoM can build an embassy complex in maybe Houston or Dallas in Texas.

I think that way, the 2 interested factions can still have a presence on Earth, while allowing Earth independence to pursure the GHE and UA alliance thing.

How does that sound?

Silence

Perhaps after the stalemate and battle at Earth, your remaining forces could warp to Alpha Centauri, and then do your crusade there. The UA has no interest in Alpha Centauri, so there will be no UA interference at Alpha Centauri or any other planets or territories outside of UA territories, or not involved in planned storylines (like GHE - UA or PoM - UA).

Remember, the UA has bad blood with the Believers due to ideologies (Technology VS Religion) and the Believers assasination of the original Prokhor Zakharov on Chiron, shortly before the "Exodus" of most all the factions.

You can gain territory, I have no problem with that. You could expand in your sphere of influence, or invade the Cyborgs, or some sort of expansion. Earth is the only "sticky" planet, since the UA and Believer interests conflict with the fate of Earth.

I'll go ahead with the story arc. You can let me know if some bits need tweaking or a little changing. We could "play by ear" with this sticky battle story arc, and see where it goes. How's that?

Lonestar

Heh. I'm not too familiar with the Expanded Universe in Star Wars, since it has been about 3 or 4 years since I've read the Expanded Universe books and series. Perhaps when I re-read these books, I'll let you know my opinion on the Spaarti Cloning Cylinders.

IIRC, they were based in Mount Tantiss with Jorrus Cbaoth and Grand Admiral Thrawn was planning on using them to crew his new ships.

BTW, any guesses on who my Admiral Devlin Yezprach is based on?

I'll PM you later, prolly next week about Agent Stone, when me and Silence get up to the ground battles in our posts.

Franky

I'll have the Academician recieve your "dragon" information chip from the "impromptu" embassy in GHE territory, then I'll write the Academician's reply to Yang. All that in the post coming up.

Then when you write your long winded post, you could write Yang's reply to the Academician, and get the ball rolling.

Laters.
Old April 30, 2003, 12:33   #202
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:

Lonestar

Heh. I'm not too familiar with the Expanded Universe in Star Wars, since it has been about 3 or 4 years since I've read the Expanded Universe books and series. Perhaps when I re-read these books, I'll let you know my opinion on the Spaarti Cloning Cylinders.

IIRC, they were based in Mount Tantiss with Jorrus Cbaoth and Grand Admiral Thrawn was planning on using them to crew his new ships.

BTW, any guesses on who my Admiral Devlin Yezprach is based on?

I'll PM you later, prolly next week about Agent Stone, when me and Silence get up to the ground battles in our posts.
Admiral Yezprach? Hmm...white uniform, has an annoying snse of superiority....

Oh! I know! Borsk Frey'la?

Incidently, Admiral(Baron) Soontir Fel is a direct copy of a Imperial Fighter Ace.
Old April 30, 2003, 12:59   #203
Sovereign
Prince

Imperial Fighter Ace?

I'm afraid I don't know where or what book or series Imperial Fighter Ace comes from?

BTW, any idea when Lord Ian will recover and kick some arse?

Surely, a Paul Mau'dib character can't stay dead forever.
Old April 30, 2003, 14:36   #204
Silence
Warlord

Sounds good!

David Weber
Old April 30, 2003, 16:22   #205
Sovereign
Prince

I'm thinking of adding an interesting and valuable gift to the Believers at the peace talks. Check your PM.

The post is well underway, I'll have it finished within 30 - 45 minutes.
Old April 30, 2003, 17:10   #206
Sovereign
Prince

ALLLLLLL RIIIIIGHT!!!

Another post!

Enjoy.
Old April 30, 2003, 17:28   #207
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Imperial Fighter Ace?

I'm afraid I don't know where or what book or series Imperial Fighter Ace comes from?
The X-wing series of books.
Old April 30, 2003, 17:52   #208
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
BTW, any idea when Lord Ian will recover and kick some arse?

Surely, a Paul Mau'dib character can't stay dead forever.
Part of this is to show that the Protectorate is string, even without Lord Protector Ian. He'll be back eventually though.
Old April 30, 2003, 20:43   #209
Mr. President
Emperor

Good post, Sovereign!

Keep 'em coming, everyone.

On a different note, BAC is nearing 300 posts! It must be one of the longest online fan fiction stories ever! (NESs don't count. )
Old April 30, 2003, 22:25   #210
Silence
Warlord

Just a minor tidbit, the Hunter-Seekers are space subs, not fighters.

Though I am surpised you had Admiral Daala in command, she was sort of incompetent even for a Imperial officer IIRC.

Though I'll get a post done tommorow or friday, with a counter attack if you don't mind.

David Weber