Old May 1, 2003, 04:04   #211
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 02:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Jeez,

You guys have been active! Sovereign, sounds like a plan. I'm 1/2 way done with the post so it'll be up (hopefully) soon. Just for background info, the Hive attitude toward the Believers is still, in game terms, Truce....so Sheng-ji won't interfere with Believer affairs, but will aid the University in it's affairs if they need it. (Since the University and the Hive are cementing a Pact).
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2003, 06:05   #212
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Argh, ok. I'll incorporate Randius' message to Yang in my post....I'm getting confused if this is BAC or Star Wars. If it's possible, can we try not to use Star Wars characters and names in the future, please? It's just that I'm getting confused, but other than that every thing looks good!
Old May 1, 2003, 06:12   #213
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 08:51
I'm begin the long hard drive to San Diego (from DC) in about an hour, so I won't be up for awhile (maybe in Ft. Worth while visiting my grandfolks this weekend).

Viya con Dios.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2003, 06:34   #214
Frankychan
King

Kick a**, Lonestar!
Old May 1, 2003, 14:09   #215
Sovereign
Prince

Local Time: 07:51
Okay, I made some editing to my post.

I changed the Daala character to a different one, but I really liked Pellaeon from the Extended Universe books.

He'll most likely be the only "overt" Star Wars based character in my faction. Devlin Yezprach is a blend of several Star Wars characters, but no overt character basing.

Franky

check your PM's. I'm trying not to use Star Wars people, but they're soooo fun to write about.

Lets have a blast over the summer!

Laters.
Old May 1, 2003, 14:12   #216
Sovereign
Prince

Oh! I forgot to mention that I fixed that nitpick, Silence

I changed the Hunter-Seekers to Believing Fighters.

Thanks for catching that oversight, Silence
Old May 1, 2003, 20:54   #217
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 12:51
Not a problem, I think it would be a bit more disconcerting for the UA forces to see destroyer size ships launching from a frigate
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2003, 11:12   #218
Sovereign
Prince

Heh... I guess I need to brush up on Believing information.

Do you have any information I could use, like ship sizes, functions, ground troops, ground tactics, etc. so I won't make more mishaps or oversights in the future?

Feel free to launch an counter-attack. My forces will regroup, repair, then go after Earth in my next post (after your counter-attack post) if thats good, setting the stage for the ground invasion.

Laters.
Old May 2, 2003, 11:43   #219
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 06:51
Star Wars characters...uh-oh...

I just have to rant for a minute...

Without Kass, who will control Greg and Filkins? And whatever happened to Mr. Sym?

And most of all, why is it that we never create characters that we keep for very long at all unless they are in the government? I mean, Kass is the only one, I think, who introduced characters who appeared on a regular basis. Mr. President did the same sort of thing, but I haven't seen Sam in ages. I even tried it with my garbage guys...but they couldn't go anywhere...unless.........

And why are all these wars suddenly breaking out like hey-wire? When will we have a period of peace? High culture?

Ok. Scratch that last one.

(Luckily, at this point, the soapbox cracks through)
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2003, 22:09   #220
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 22:51
Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy

And most of all, why is it that we never create characters that we keep for very long at all unless they are in the government? I mean, Kass is the only one, I think, who introduced characters who appeared on a regular basis. Mr. President did the same sort of thing, but I haven't seen Sam in ages. I even tried it with my garbage guys...but they couldn't go anywhere...unless.........
I remember Sam! I must have been thinking of Kate Winslet when I made up his name, because I mentioned somewhere that his last name is "Mendes", even spelled like her boyfriend's and not what I would consider the "correct" way.

I honestly was going to write a story about him going to Sparta but that was such a long time ago, I don't think I could post it now - too much in-story time has elapsed. But thanks for reminding me of him - he's definitely a character I would bring back into the story.
Old May 3, 2003, 11:53   #221
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Well, I've begun resurrecting charecters that were obscure from the Protectorate's POV.

Made it Ft. Worth Okay. Got in last night. Loooonnngggg story that I'll post in detail in the OT tonight. I ended up giving a ride to a female friend (get your minds outta the gutter!) Who's trip to San Diego fell through. She's in the navy also.
Old May 4, 2003, 03:56   #222
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

What's up with you, Lonestar? Do you just like to see your name as the last one in the Beyond Alpha Centauri thread?

Old May 4, 2003, 06:17   #223
Frankychan
King

Holy crap, that came outta no where!

Just for the sh**s and giggles baby!
Old May 4, 2003, 11:00   #224
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Franky, what's up with Emperor Yang? I'm dying to hear how he's doing. And where's Mr. Sym? Have we killed him already?
Old May 4, 2003, 13:47   #225
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
What's up with you, Lonestar? Do you just like to see your name as the last one in the Beyond Alpha Centauri thread?

Post a story and find out.

Although in this case I was going to post some filler on the battle of Sluis Van anyway...
Old May 4, 2003, 17:30   #226
Frankychan
King

Quote:
Franky, what's up with Emperor Yang? I'm dying to hear how he's doing. And where's Mr. Sym? Have we killed him already?
Sorry, I've been trying to write the post. But I haven't been feeling well (stressed) and finals are coming up. I'm almost done with my post tho.

And my bad for kind of leaving Mr. Sym on the wayside, he's still in transit to one of the Hive worlds. I'll think of a plot for him when I post up my looong overdue post.
Old May 4, 2003, 19:41   #227
Frankychan
King

Ok head ups!

I'm going to chop up the post into series. Looking back, I've noticed that they have different paces and different themes so I want each small post to be slightly unique. It sounds like bull, but I don't want to post one huge...err...post because to the reader, it'll look too massive to read.
Old May 4, 2003, 21:08   #228
Lonestar
inmate
King

Post before I leave tomorrow!
Old May 4, 2003, 21:23   #229
Frankychan
King

Ok, 1st post is coming up.

Sovereign-I won't directly talk about the ships leaving for the coordinates, but in an upcoming post, I'll have the commander of the rendezvous fleet arrive at the location...then, we can have our two sides of the story tell....uh...the story. (dammit!).

Messages to the University Alliance as well as the Protectorate will be in the 3rd post, which will most likely be communications and Yang's speech from various points-of-view throughout the galaxy.
Old May 4, 2003, 21:52   #230
Frankychan
King

1st post up. It's kind of short, but sort of concludes events for the Drone investigation. More diplomacy than anything else.

Next post will have organization, coordination, and the University.

I plan on having the Hive attack an independent world to show the ruthlessness of the Hive's assault, so PLEASE do not post any attacks on Hive holdings. PLEASE discuss with me if you plan on attacking Hive space so we can work things out! pleeease?

Whew! Things are picking up for me, so I hope this works out ok. More coming soon!
Old May 5, 2003, 04:44   #231
Mr. President
Emperor

Lookin' good. Keep it coming, everyone!
Old May 5, 2003, 11:29   #232
History Guy
King

Looks good.

Yang might well find something to do with the Pirates. Morgan has managed to destroy much of Joe Nova's power, and you know, old Nova doesn't have long to go...
Old May 7, 2003, 17:25   #233
Sovereign
Prince

Whoop Woo Wooo!!!

Another post done!

Enjoy.
Old May 7, 2003, 21:13   #234
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 12:51
Just a quick FYI, there won't be a new post from until after Saturday, the dreaded Mother's Day is fast approaching and I am going to be busy delievering flowers.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2003, 23:21   #235
Frankychan
King

Thanks Sovereign!

Dang, I forgot Silence works for a flower business. You're probably gonna be busy like crazy in the upcoming days....daaaang.

n e way, finals coming up so i'll try get the other posts up. i'm grammar checkin' and finishing them up.
Old May 8, 2003, 19:24   #236
Lonestar
inmate
King

Last night....

CTMSN Bucher (Loooooooooooooonestar) was asleep in the passenger seat as Katie drove into Sn Diego.

"Matt?"

"Mm?"

"Which way do I go?"

"I dunno, what's the map say?"

"I thought you've been here before!"

" Thought right, but I flew in last time and my sponsor met me."

"Well, tell me which way to go!"

*groan*

"Had south along Harbor Blvd."

"There's like 4 bases here! Is that where I am ?"

"Hell if I know. I know I'm south of that big bridge."

And so, the two drove south finally reaching Naval Station, San Diego. As the Honda of Doom(tm) pulls into the gate, Katie has a stunned bunny look on her face. Lonestar leans over and asks the Guard where Direct Support is.

"What?"

"You know...where all the CT's (Katie is a CTT tech, EW's aare being folded in) are."

Blink. Blink.

"What's a CT?"

And after much searching, and Katie realising she had her sponser's phone # on her,( ) She was delivered. Lonestar then moseyed on over to T.P.U.

Today Lonestar picked up trash and whatnot, also managing to snag a date with Katie on Friday. Pray for Lonestar.
Old May 8, 2003, 21:09   #237
Frankychan
King

Rofl! It's like the blind leading the blind!

My cousin said he had the same problem for his hazmat school. No one in the car from his squad knew where to meet and they all ended up at an Air Force base, trying to find the army firefighter school in Texas.....Good stuff!

Anyway, hope your date goes well and you get to have a repeat performance!
Old May 8, 2003, 21:13   #238
Lonestar
inmate
King

I like your Avatar Franky.
Old May 9, 2003, 01:51   #239
Frankychan
King

Thank you sir, your's isn't too bad either.

What's yer duty in the Navy? My cousin said after I grad from college, I should go Air Force.....but I'm still thinking about it.
Old May 9, 2003, 15:44   #240
Lonestar
inmate
King

I'm a Cyrptologic Technician(Maintenance) who does secret and dubiously constitutional stuff for the Navy.

I'm currently waiting for my ship to return from deployment, so my schedule is something like this now:

0730- Muster

0800-0900 Pick up trash, empty trashcans

0900-1145 Nap, read book

1200 Muster

1215-1445 Nap, read book.

1300( Friday's only) go home

1500 Muster, go home.