Old December 19, 2002, 23:54   #61
Xenozod
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 06:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
So far, I have to say that I'm glad I applied for this PBEM. Not only will I get experiance, but I'll get to play one of my Civ II dreams: The Cold War with all its diplomacy, not just see who can survive the nuclear war on turn 1.
Old December 20, 2002, 00:02   #62
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 08:52
Quote:
Originally posted by academia
Don´t worry about Yaroslav. He was busy today
I think he went to the cinema to watch lord of the rings 2
Me too! I took my three kids, very good movie!
Old December 20, 2002, 00:04   #63
Xenozod
Warlord

I was going to see it yesterday, but I got sick Sunday and haven't gotten well enough yet...don't think I'll make tomarrow, either.

Oh, and this is my 100th post, so yay
Old December 20, 2002, 00:22   #64
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

SEATO can neither confirm nor deny the presence of Nuclear Weapons. That is the policy and shall be the policy of our alliance.

We can however confirm that we will not pursue any increase in the Nuclear arsenal at this time.

Last edited by conmcb25; December 20, 2002 at 21:15.
Old December 20, 2002, 00:51   #65
academia
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Quote:
So far, I have to say that I'm glad I applied for this PBEM. Not only will I get experiance, but I'll get to play one of my Civ II dreams: The Cold War with all its diplomacy, not just see who can survive the nuclear war on turn 1.
It´s great to know that. That means that my effort wasn´t in vain
And yes, that´s the goal of the scenario. Recreate the Cold War; experience that feeling of an "imminent nuclear holocaust" every single turn
Pretty scary, right?
Old December 20, 2002, 00:52   #66
Xenozod
Warlord

Especially after what you told me in your last PM!
Old December 20, 2002, 15:48   #67
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Does Darius have to redo the turn or is Yaroslav up?
Old December 20, 2002, 15:53   #68
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 07:52
That wouldn't be a *BUMP* now would it?
Old December 20, 2002, 16:09   #69
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Darius871
That wouldn't be a *BUMP* now would it?
If we are waiting for you then yes, if Yaroslav, then no.....

Actually Im just wondering..........
Old December 20, 2002, 16:47   #70
academia
Emperor

Yea, Darius have to replay his turn.
Old December 20, 2002, 17:18   #71
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Same report as last time.

Oh btw academia:
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ussr_dec_1964.zip (80.5 KB, 4 views)
Old December 20, 2002, 17:22   #72
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 13:52
Sorry guys, as Alejandro [Academia] told you, yesterday I was on the cimena. I agree on 48 hours limitation

----

A new man, named Yaroslav, has been elected Secretary of State of USA. His agenda can be summarized in this points:

China:
I don't war a nuclear war against you, but the freedom of Vietnam people should be not sold to China. If Vietnam fails, all Asia will be comunist, and USA will not support that! So, we can agree on a peace teatry or on a limit for the war, but I will not give you Vietnam, be sure about that, dear Leoncito

Nuclear police:
USA will not disclose her nuclear power, and regrets that any country without nuclear power joins the club. Nuclear is a too dangerous weapon to put on the hands of rogue state or communist, but we can sign a non-proliferation teatry if all other nuclear power sign it.

Finland and Sweden:

We don't believe the comunist propaganda! We wonder what NATO thinks about it, and we'll suport any decission the NATO take about those affairs

We'll comment new points as soon as they appear!

Last edited by yaroslav; December 20, 2002 at 17:28.
Old December 20, 2002, 17:28   #73
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Well you can feel free to take those countries back, as long as you're prepared to take on the rest of the Warsaw Pact as well.
Old December 20, 2002, 17:36   #74
Xenozod
Warlord

NATO is furious that the Soviet Union thinks it can subjugate the democracies of small nations and expect all others to stand by! Not only that, but they have tried to justify their position by the use of lies! NATO demands that all Soviet troops be pulled out of Sweden and Finland, and hopes that the United States will back us in our decision to take a stand in the face of tyranny!

Note: I am probably going to have to leave around four, so if the turn comes around to me, we'll all have to wait until I get back, sorry for any inconvience.
Old December 20, 2002, 17:40   #75
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

USA has supported, supports, and will support NATO in our common war again tyranny.

As it's said:

For somehow this is the diase of tyranny, to doesn't trust any friend.

How many friends the CCCP has?
Old December 20, 2002, 17:47   #76
Xenozod
Warlord

yaroslav, your box is full. I'm not going to type the full thing out again!

Edit: Turns out it wasn't much shorter!

Last edited by Xenozod; December 20, 2002 at 17:56.
Old December 20, 2002, 17:56   #77
yaroslav
Emperor

Sorry, Xenozod. I've emptied this! I'll play my turn in 30 minutes, so you can send a PM now if you want
Old December 20, 2002, 18:03   #78
Xenozod
Warlord

I'm sorry all, but I have to go. The earliest I'll be back is past eight. Im really, really, sorry that I'm slowing the game down by so much.
Old December 20, 2002, 18:09   #79
yaroslav
Emperor

Don't worry. I'll play my turn as usual and contact via PM with you tomorrow or they day after
Old December 20, 2002, 19:32   #80
yaroslav
Emperor

USA report: We had done a little atack on Vietnam, but nothing more
------------------------------------------------------------
To China: As Academia says, we need to agree about the places where we'll figth and the units we will figth with. I could attack you (and hurt hardly, I think) on mainland China, but, for history's sake, I didn't. I suggest you to limit the war to Vietnam, and you must use only a few units (I will not attack Vietnam with anything but USA-mainland units). I think this way we can be historically correct If you don't agree, please conduct a limited war the first turn, in order to be fair

To CCCP: I demmand from you to move out the submarines near Alaska and the spy satellite near Scottland.
---------------------------------------------------------------
As a side note: Darius is a very good PBEM-player, as far as I know, so I bet this time for comunist
Attached Files:
File Type: zip usa_dec_1964.zip (73.2 KB, 3 views)
Old December 20, 2002, 19:35   #81
yaroslav
Emperor

TO all,

As you may know or not, I'm working in the second version of my PBEM utility. This version (now in the -I hope- last beta) will include maps exchanging. We had betatested this, and works fine. So, if anyone want to do map exchanging (very useful: for example, china and CCCP can do it in order to share their knowlegde about USA units), I suggest you to download the utility from here

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=70328

and send me a PM. After this, I'll send you the password for using the programm in a PM.

Next week I hope I can do a publich launch
Old December 20, 2002, 19:53   #82
El León
Spanish Civers
King

Quote:
To China: As Academia says, we need to agree about the places where we'll figth and the units we will figth with. I could attack you (and hurt hardly, I think) on mainland China,
Exactly my point. Evacuate Vietnam and Korea and let the people decide! Taiwan belongs to China, I'll also remind you. Now how would you feel if Maosit guerrillas took power in Mexico and declared allegiance to China?

Quote:
I suggest you to limit the war to Vietnam, and you must use only a few units (I will not attack Vietnam with anything but USA-mainland units). I think this way we can be historically correct If you don't agree, please conduct a limited war the first turn, in order to be fair
The US has also intervened in Korea a few years ago. Chairman Mao permitted that, but Chairman El Leon has a hard time sleeping with the thought... We will refrain from sending troops from China to both countries if the US refrains from sending troops. Allow the countries self-determination.
I hope we can work out a deal before my turn is up.
Old December 20, 2002, 20:04   #83
academia
Emperor

For the new guys:
Xenozod (i know this is your first PBEM)
El Leon (have you played a PBEM before?)

THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!!
BEFORE FINISHING YOUR TURN, PRESS CTRL + N !!!!!
That prevents the AI from moving possible "sleeping" or "fortified" troops inside cities, transports, submarines, etc.
Old December 20, 2002, 20:07   #84
yaroslav
Emperor

Dear El Leon. USA will still send troops, but not too much. Also we support Democratic Vietnam figth for free, so we ask china to limit the war to Vietnam, and also to not use all the units you can use

And about not sending troops to North Korea, you can do it because your mainland is close to Korea, but USA needs to send troops to South Korea. However, we don't a war against China or North Korea, so we can agree on a free-of-war Korea.
Old December 20, 2002, 20:24   #85
El León
Spanish Civers
King

Dear President Yaroslav. Small amount of USA troops in Vietnam=small amount of China troops in Korea. But we will agree that the only wars are the civil wars in these two countries. China and the US have no armed conflict between them.
A commitment to no nuclear presence in Vietnam, Taiwan or Korea would also be a good step towards friendship between our tow countries.

[First PBEM, do know about the CRTL+N thing)
Old December 20, 2002, 20:40   #86
yaroslav
Emperor

About CTRL+N thing: you have to push CTRL+N before ending your turn. Put a unit that you don't want to move under the wait command, and when you return to this units and there are no more units to move, press CTRL+N. It's esay.

To China:
So we agree on a limited war on Vietnam. I'll send some troops and do attacks, but I'll always attack the Vietnam cities, nor those of China mainlad
Old December 20, 2002, 20:52   #87
El León
Spanish Civers
King

US:
1. Limited war in China AND Korea, under the terms discussed (no cities outside of these two countries).
2. Non-nuclear proliferation in Taiwan, Vietnam and Korea.

Of course, evacuating Vietnam would avoid all conflict, period.
Old December 20, 2002, 20:57   #88
yaroslav
Emperor

To China:

Well, if you want to evacuate Vietnam, I will say a big 'thank you'

There are not war on Korea. Why must we start a new war? USA regrets those militaristic way of living.
Old December 20, 2002, 21:03   #89
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

[QUOTE] Originally posted by yaroslav
About CTRL+N thing: you have to push CTRL+N before ending your turn. Put a unit that you don't want to move under the wait command, and when you return to this units and there are no more units to move, press CTRL+N. It's esay.[QUOTE]

In other words newbies, at least one unit has to be "flashing" like it is ready to move. This needs to be happening at the end of your turn. At A Place where it wont matter. Like if I was the USA I would take some garrison unit in the middle of my country and leave it unfortified in the city lets say Chicago. So that unit is always in Chicago and I always leave it till the end, when Ive finished everything else, I go back to that unit blinking at me and press CRTL-N. That keeps the AI from unfortifying units and moving them all over the place, you will get the hang of it.
Old December 20, 2002, 21:25   #90
academia
Emperor

Guys:
BAD NEWS!!!
I discovered some problems with the scenario regarding techs and wonders of the world.
No big deal about techs; i can fix that.
However, the problem relies on the fact that it´ll perjudicate the playability of future periods of my scenario.
Anyway, we can go on playing. I´m not going to ask Darius to replay his turn one more time.

What do you think? Shall we go on testing ONLY the 1964-1970 period? or restart the game one more time?

It´s up to you.
Sorry for these inconvenients It´s my fault