Old December 20, 2002, 07:06   #1
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 13:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Annexing France
Playing as England I conquered much of France, along with my ally Brittany. France was reduced to a single territory - Paris. Peace ensured for ~30 years before war erupted again. This time I vassalised France and so agreed peace - Britanny continued their war however. After conquering Paris they annexed them. This annoyed me a bit, but wasn't too much of a problem.

Then about 1 month later Britanny became France. I presume that is supposed to happen by an event, but it was extremely annoying! Now I've got to reconquer France (Brittany) again.
Old December 20, 2002, 17:43   #2
Ozz
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:59
You should have annexed them, and picked up the COT and French culture to boot. Not that it really matters,
I'm sure Brittainy is/was next on your menu too.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2002, 20:02   #3
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 08:59
Whenever one of the minor nations in France conquers Paris (and the real France ceases to exist), they take on the title of 'France'.
Jon Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2002, 06:43   #4
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 13:59
What if I had annexed France instead?
Old December 23, 2002, 05:23   #5
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 07:59
France wouldn't return unless a French minor gets a hold ofl Paris.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
-Bokonon
Ramo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2002, 23:56   #6
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Quote:
Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
What if I had annexed France instead?
Well, as long as you hold on to Paris, then it won't matter. If a French minor ever gets ahold of Paris (and a couple other things), then they'll become France.
Old December 28, 2002, 09:16   #7
Kasperus
Settler

Local Time: 12:59
well, not all of them (savoy and lorraine won`t become france) and only if they manage to own paris before 1515. After 1515 france won`t be reborn anymore
Old December 28, 2002, 16:12   #8
Jon Shafer

I was just simplifying for the sake of... well, simplicity. That's why I had "and a couple other things" in parenthesis.
Old January 4, 2003, 16:19   #9
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 14:59
If you play with one of the mods, don't remember wich, you'll get quite a few good events playing as England, and owning France. I tried England with the ordinary Gc, and then with this mod, and the last is absolutely the best. I recommend you to use it. I think it's the EEP. You can for example get the french provinces as CB provinces, something I don't think you get with the GC. Anyway, enjoy your game!
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote