Old December 28, 2002, 02:13   #61
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 09:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud
Trip- Mao managed 22.00 post average around Aug 2000... and by that time he had "leveled-off" in posting... He reached Deity after only about a year registered

he registered the same time as ming- but in 1999

...I doubt even the venerable trip can conquer Mao's spamming

But I wish him luck
Alas, I fear I may not have the endurance.
I have but a mere 3 months to get 6000 posts... we'll see.
Old December 28, 2002, 06:57   #62
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 14:00
Quote:
Originally posted by Tuberski
Of course it was...but a whole DAY!?!?

ACK!
Hey that was spontaneous wit I'll have you know. I am at home visiting family for christmas and I have to log on very occasionally with a horribly slow 56k modem. It is like pulling teeth, even without reading posts by Tuberski.
Old December 28, 2002, 20:58   #63
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Actually a quick look at the members list (as suggested earlier) - top 20 posters and then so on and so on is fascinating.
Old December 28, 2002, 21:49   #64
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 15:00
Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
Actually a quick look at the members list (as suggested earlier) - top 20 posters and then so on and so on is fascinating.
Your life must be as fascinating as mine
Old December 29, 2002, 01:56   #65
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

And moreso than mine.

Old December 29, 2002, 02:35   #66
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:00
It looks like Tassadar still hasn't recovered from his 100% PCR last night.
Old December 29, 2002, 20:10   #67
Asmodean
Civilization III Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

I remember the days when OT posts counted and OT was all about how to SPAM on topic. That could get quite hairy at times. There was another time when Bods (or Nimrod as he called himself back then) and PH and a couple of other dudes found a forum that had been pulled off the forum front-page, but was still active. Talk about a SPAM-fest!!! Untill, off course, Ming found out and they were all sent to Mingapulco to cool of

Asmodean
Old December 29, 2002, 22:05   #68
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

I heard about that Dark Place. Did many people use it?
Old December 30, 2002, 11:40   #69
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 16:00
only one person used it, though many did visit it.
Old December 30, 2002, 14:17   #70
Hercules
Deity

I visited the CIV3 Democracy game to see how they conducted their game. They are big into impeachment. But there is a citizen (Meshelic) who joined in September 2002 and is already a King. He is posting 16.?? a day on average.

Me this is my 499 post.
Old December 30, 2002, 15:49   #71
Mazarin
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 13:00
Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
only one person used it, though many did visit it.
Did any of them come back?
Old December 30, 2002, 15:52   #72
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Local Time: 08:00
I joined in September 2002. I generally post 2-6 times a day, always in civ3 forums (I never post OT). I have been busy with demogame stuff so my post per day average has been going up.
Old December 30, 2002, 16:03   #73
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I demand a PCR for Panag!

There can be only one poster with the highest postcount among Israelis and that's me!
Old December 30, 2002, 17:31   #74
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:00
The same thing (hidden forum) also happened around april fool's day last year. Most people thought it was a joke and spammed around in it, until Osweld (I think ) eventually leaked out its existence.
Old December 30, 2002, 17:51   #75
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 10:00
Quote:
Originally posted by Eli

There can be only one poster with the highest postcount among Israelis and that's me!
all you have to do is spam more join a demo game. certainly works for trip
Old December 30, 2002, 19:49   #76
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

He allready has, he just picked the wrong team

I'm only second too (of the Belgian posters )
Old December 30, 2002, 20:22   #77
Asmodean
Civilization III Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

I am third or fourth of the danish posters. Monk is ranked first, but he has been registered to 'poly since the days of TFGCS or thereabouts.

I have been here longer than most of the danish users. The fact that I am still a prince is NOT due to any PCR's, but rather that i average a whoopin' 0.77 posts per day

Asmodean
Old December 30, 2002, 23:47   #78
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
all you have to do is spam more join a demo game. certainly works for trip
It works wonders, I tell you!
Old December 30, 2002, 23:50   #79
alva
Deity

Maybe we could set-up another demo game?
Old December 30, 2002, 23:51   #80
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by alva
I'd join that one.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old December 31, 2002, 00:00   #81
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 13:00
Quote:
There was another time when Bods (or Nimrod as he called himself back then) and PH and a couple of other dudes found a forum that had been pulled off the forum front-page, but was still active.
Area 25... that was the time I was doing my Apolyton Army and in that time I had wondered where PH had managed neary 19 posts per day... as I only saw about 5-10 Well... I found out... and found out why some other people were listed higly

By the way Area 25 was all Snapcases' fault for finding it and AH for ratting them out

30-12-2002 20:03 link

Eli- there's a solution for that- post more ontopic

-
Yeah! Go Norway Post Count Leader DC!
We need more people to fly the norwegian flag!
See- I'm goading people with more post count than I to show the norwegian colors- Norwegians and Norwegian Sympathizers Unite! Ah utopisk Norge
*Sadly I remember few Norwegian words
oh well
-
but you know, personally: this thread is degenerating into PCR-territory and the only way to stay out of it is to turn this from a PC-comparing contest into a discussion on the old days- as I did initially in this post.

-
As for the Other area Area19, I think it was- I think KrazyHorse found it... whoever found it sent me an email, but I was too slow to enter the area *luckily* since I never read my mail
-
hadibra!
Old December 31, 2002, 01:27   #82
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Quote:
Originally posted by alva
We've been talking about it for M003 already
Old December 31, 2002, 01:41   #83
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Eli- there's a solution for that- post more ontopic
In the past two-three weeks the gap between me and Panag decreased from 400 to 100 posts. And I made almost 600 on topic posts in that time!
Old December 31, 2002, 02:33   #84
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

so in two and a half days he'll have you beat out? damn you two post a lot. How does teh server handle all that?

It's time for you to find another area 25 Eli
Old December 31, 2002, 02:39   #85
alva
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower

We've been talking about it for M003 already
Don't really know anything about that game, but I'll join...for eugh moral support of course