Old December 21, 2002, 19:47   #1
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 07:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Mentuhotep's resume
Just appeared in our in tray!

Mentuhotep as indicated a desire for an immediate assignment. Consider this little ditty from the cover letter:

My loins are heavy with the spawn of greatness. Please point me in the direction of your desired Great Project so that my work can commence. I urge you to resolve this issue posthaste as this force cannot be contained.

Hence we as Senators need to build a consensus as to what that great project should be. It really is straightforward. Universal Suffrage is the only Great Project that is now available.

ToE and Hoover's are too far away. We need US to reduce war weariness now. The only question is where to build, and what the Forbidden City's current build should be.

Please discuss

Ssgt roadcage (retired)
Old December 21, 2002, 19:50   #2
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Local Time: 08:03
Rush Universal Suffrage in a city that that has used no shields in it's current build. Then switch TFC build to Wall Street. It will build that next turn with no waste. They only other things TFC could switch to are the Military Academy, which should be built in Heliopolis, IMHO, and Inteligence Agency, not a pressing need as we have better things to build. Our plan for building ToE in Ghengistown should continue as planned.
Old December 21, 2002, 20:01   #3
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I agree with switching TFC's production to Wall Street and building US in another city.
Old December 21, 2002, 20:05   #4
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Agreed with CiverDan here.

Anyone willing to comment on the chances of getting another leader?
Old December 21, 2002, 20:14   #5
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

We got EXTRMELY lucky when this one popped up on the fourth battle I conducted with an elite unit during the entire chat.

Perhaps this is just my lucky day... who knows.
Old December 21, 2002, 20:17   #6
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:03
A combination of that and my great leadership....

E_T
Old December 21, 2002, 20:18   #7
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
A combination of that and my great leadership....

E_T
Did you see what I named the savefile?
Old December 21, 2002, 20:25   #8
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Yes, and its true, all true....

E_T
Old December 21, 2002, 20:28   #9
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Loveshack hasn't committed any shields, and it's about to be tied up with a factory, so we wouldn't have to delay reinforcements. So, unless someone objects, I'll post a bill to us the GL to rush US there.

And, yes, it is in my province. Is there anything wrong with that?
Old December 21, 2002, 21:19   #10
Robber Baron
Prince

Heed CiverDan, fellow senators. His counsel is wise.
Old December 21, 2002, 22:04   #11
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 15:03
When will the poll start?
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old December 21, 2002, 22:07   #12
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 05:03
Old December 21, 2002, 22:29   #13
Arnelos
Emperor

Universal Suffrage (allowing women to vote) in "Loveshack"... a city that just went from 10 happy people to 9 happy people when E_T asked for (and I permitted) the draft in that city. A draft-happy city called "loveshack" might just be appropriate for extending suffrage rights to women (a event which curiously seems to DULL war weariness rather than exacerbate it )

So I guess it's appropriate
Old December 21, 2002, 22:38   #14
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Universal Suffrage (allowing women to vote) in "Loveshack"... a city that just went from 10 happy people to 9 happy people when E_T asked for (and I permitted) the draft in that city. A draft-happy city called "loveshack" might just be appropriate for extending suffrage rights to women (a event which curiously seems to DULL war weariness rather than exacerbate it )

So I guess it's appropriate
Yeah, it seemed rather ironic to me, too.

But irony is good. And another wonder in my province will be even better.
Old December 21, 2002, 23:06   #15
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Roleplay

Hans had made this journey before. The first time was as a young boy immediately after the liberation of his family's home city of Hamburg. Hans had few memories of the trip itself, but could never forget that day in 1280 ab that he had seen not one, but two great Apolytonian leaders at once!

That day had awoke to the rumble of artillery fire that round for round seemed to land ever closer to his home on the Strassenplatz. And then suddenly the great General Khufu appeared at the very front of his Cavalry Army. Hans had trembled in fear before the General, who said "fear not my son, it is for your tomorrows that we sacrifice our todays." And then as if on queue, the General and his Army were gone. Back to the Apolytonian front line just northwest of the city.

As grand as that appearance was, it shrank into insignificance for no sooner had the General disappeared, than another Elite Apolytonian Cavalry unit burst into view and miraculously, another great leader popped into existance. Hans cried out "General Khufu! why have you returned?"

And the leader replied, "No my son, Lord Khufu has chosen the way of the warrior and his work will never end. As long as there are small boys in leiderhosen who hide amongst the ruins, who fear reprisal from the evil Bismark, then Lord Khufu will lead his Army on a march of liberation."

Which left young Hans almost, but not quite speechless. All Hans could say was, "Then who....."

The Great Leader cut him off in mid sentence. "I am Mentuhotep, and lack the patience of Khufu, who had to wait almost 30 turns to begin his work. It is my hope that the Great Banana will smile upon me today and allow me to create a great monument for Apolytonia with all deliberate speed. Please, take hold of my hand and follow me."

And so, Hans made that first fateful trip to Love Shack. And ever since, when ever his spirits need a lift, he takes an express train to the site of that great monumenmt. A statue of a stern faced Frau. Or atleast everyone else who sees the monument thinks the face is harsh and stern. But not to Hans. It looks like the smile of an old friend from his youth.

/roleplay

Ssgt roadcage (retired)
Old December 22, 2002, 00:02   #16
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Great story, Roadcage!!
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old December 22, 2002, 00:11   #17
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 10:03
Roadcage,

It's great! Post it in the Gazette!
Old December 22, 2002, 00:14   #18
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Loveshack is okay with me.
Old December 22, 2002, 15:14   #19
Arnelos
Emperor

roadcage,

Perhaps you could do a story about the merciless slaughter of the ENTIRE population of Hamburg. The Pop fell from 12 to 7 during the artillery bombardment, fell to 6 when our cavalry captured the city, and was then WIPED OUT by order of Supreme Military Commander E_T. Howitzerville was then founded in the ruins. Someone remarked in the chat that perhaps the craters from the artillery shells could be used for pretty gardens in the city named after the massive artillery bombardment.

Just an idea...
Old December 22, 2002, 15:51   #20
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 14:03
Quote:
Someone remarked in the chat that perhaps the craters from the artillery shells could be used for pretty gardens in the city named after the massive artillery bombardment.
I just thought we could fill the craters with water and make them lovely garden ponds...

But indeed, i think the destruction of hamburg was rather whimsical, we could have managed that city fairly easily, and germany overall resistance isn't that serious. We didn't need to have that city disbanded.
Old December 22, 2002, 19:41   #21
Nolan
Civilization III Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:03
rp}

No I feel the removal of the germans is of the upmost importance, they had to be removed, so the city had to be disbanded, I feel that maybe E_T is a religious fanatic at heart as well.

rp}

Regards
Old December 23, 2002, 13:29   #22
E_T
Emperor

Nope, just Pragmantic

E_T
Old December 23, 2002, 13:45   #23
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

US in loveshack - I love it

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old December 24, 2002, 03:19   #24
nz_upy
Warlord

Local Time: 13:03
Poll Please
I think Spiffor's Idea is the best.
Military Academy should only be built in Ferropolis.
That is all