Old December 22, 2002, 01:05   #1
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Item suggestions for the next NewZupdate
It's almost been a week from the posting of the last NewZupdate and another one needs to be posted to the gOdZ soon. The resent surge in population can most likely be attributed to the last NewZupdate. Here's what was in the last one

Quote:

The controversy over the tied Domestic Minister election finally ended, when the Court accepted the withdrawl of GhengisFarb. E_T now completes the Term 6 government as Domestic Minister. A debate over how to resolve ties has started, though an agreement has yet to be reached. Meanwhile, the new Senate voted for an absence of organization on the floor.

We continue to attempt to outresearch the AI; but now that our Golden Age has come to an end, it is slow going. We were beaten to Medicine by one turn and missed out on the juiciest trades, but managed to salvage the situation somewhat and trade it to India in exchange for Nationalism.

With the acquisition of Nationalism, a debate over whether to use the new ability to draft began. The consensus was that limited drafting in large cities should be practiced, and our first drafts were ordered by President Aggie recently.

These Conscripts will be needed, as even one of the weakest civs have dared to attack us: the Zulus landed two Impies on Uber Island, a small landmass off the shore of Apolyton. When we demanded that Shaka withdraw them, he promptly declared war. His outdated Impies were defeated by our valiant and superior forces; however, this war wiped out what remained of his substantial debt to us. Because we feel it is important to focus on Germany, and his small continent is a long ocean voyage from Apolyton, we signed peace for a pittance. Relations have since returned to a rocky normality, and we have sold Industrialization to Shaka; but we have vowed never to forget, and the Zulus old debts will come calling one day.

The reasoning behind our mounting attack on Germany was underscored when Bismarck twice beat us in the tech race by one turn, first to Sanitation and then to Industrialization; he snapped up most of the valuable trades, making our scientific investments far less profitable than they could have been. But we were finally able to trade for Steam Power, as Greece was too poor to buy it from Germany, and was happy to trade with us; the first railroad lines have already been laid. Industrialization has also netted some new income from the Zulu. We are now one turn away from discovering the secret to Electricity, and will soon find out if we have managed to beat Bismarck for the first time.

With Riflemen, new technologies like Railroads, Factories, and Hospitals, and an economy that rivals other top nations, Apolytonia is in good shape heading in to a new war. But only time will tell whether Germany, arguably our greatest challenge yet, can be conquered.

98 People are inthe game, joining is a click away! - MarkG

Need to have suggestions for Klorrep to have in the next NewZupdate.

E_T
Old December 22, 2002, 01:06   #2
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Suggestions:

War with Rome and Germany

Term 7 taking office

New GL

and many other things...

E_T
Old December 22, 2002, 01:08   #3
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:04
Actually, I just sent another Newz Update off to the godz. Here's a preview:

Quote:
The new government for Term 7 has been voted into office. Former FAM Arnelos is the new President, former DM E_T is our new SMC, and veterans Spiffor and ManicStarSeed are the Domestic Minister and Foreign Affairs Minister respectively.

A brief scandal broke when, during the last Term 6 chat, illegal MPPs were signed with Japan, Russia, and Greece. (Apolytonia's constitution requires the senate to approve all MPPs.) Many of those present during the signing did not realize these treaties had not been approved; but the forum was further stirred up when aggie revealed he knew the treaties had not been approved. However, most were willing to forgive and forget, and a bill has been passed retroactively granting permission for these MPPs and protecting aggie from legal action. While this bill has been taken to court, no one has pressed charges against aggie himself, and neither side in the court case disputes the retroactive approval of the MPPs.

This was soon overshadowed by the fact that Caesar, who formerly was friendly, sent Riflemen across the border into Apolytonian lands, and declared war when we demanded he move his troops back. This small invasion force was quickly defeated by Apolytonian Cavalry, with the help of a large force of Cannons. The Cavalry army under the command of Khufu fought bravely, and their struggle has been immortalized in a new Heroic Epic. Our MPP allies and others have joined us in resisting the Roman Empire's aggression; the Iroquois and Russia, both neighbors of Rome, are in this new war with us, and the English, Aztecs, Japanese, Greeks, and even the remnants of Persia (our former enemy) have declared war against Caesar as well. But Babylon (a neighbor of Rome) and faraway China have sided with Caesar.

This new treachery has only made our scientists work harder, and they have discovered a new force called "Electricity". We have shared this technology - for some compensation - with our allies. This was followed by the discovery of a new system of "Replacable Parts", and the usefulness of Rubber. This, too, was shared with our allies, and even our enemy Germany; However, we have signed embargos with Greece and other nations to ensure Bismarck does not gain access to Rubber.

Nor will many nations if we do not see fit; the Great Banana has blessed us, giving us many sources of Rubber from the jungle, while Greece is the only nation that can scrape together enough Rubber to export any; and some do not have this precious resource at all.

New technology and ideas like Artillery and Infantry, and the great banana's blessing, inspire our troops as they now wage war on a second front against Germany. Our allies have joined us in this campaign: Greece, the Iroquois, England, Russia, and Japan have all declared war as well. We have already taken Hamburg; the city was shelled heavily, and destroyed beyond repair in the final battles for it, but a new city called Howitzerville has already been founded on the same site. These final battles for the city were fought fiercely, and a Great Leader called Mentuhotep emerged from the ranks of our brave soldiers. The senate has not decided on his new assignment yet, though a new bill has been proposed that would order the rush Universal Suffrage.
Sorry I didn't seek public input, but it has been a while and I wanted to get it out ASAP.
Old December 22, 2002, 01:13   #4
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 10:04
Old December 22, 2002, 01:24   #5
E_T
Emperor

Looks good to me

I didn't know that you had gotten it ready yet, hense this thread. But it looks read good. You really have a talent Kloreep!

E_T
Old December 22, 2002, 01:31   #6
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Thanks.
Old December 22, 2002, 02:15   #7
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Kloreep -- Awsome job .

Honestly, I don't know how you do it (you really are skilled at it ). I always found writing those really difficult -- I wound up writing a few sentances about each thing that was happening and throwing a link in .

-- adaMada
Old December 22, 2002, 02:39   #8
Kloreep
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
Kloreep -- Awsome job .
Thanks.

Quote:
Honestly, I don't know how you do it (you really are skilled at it ). I always found writing those really difficult -- I wound up writing a few sentances about each thing that was happening and throwing a link in .

-- adaMada
It doesn't exactly come naturally; I use "although", "though", "but" and just generally complicated sentences waayyyy too much when writing. But my trick is that I sit on it for an hour or two (although I don't mean that literally ), then come and read it with a fresh view and hack it in to something readable; though if I try to edit it immediately, it generally doesn't work out right.
Old December 22, 2002, 15:09   #9
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Very nice, Kloreep