Old January 14, 2003, 19:34   #91
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 07:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ummm... Chris? You think this is funny, do you?

Well, what can be funnier than real life? That's right, there is already a similar show. Called "Pet Psychic". They show it like every weekday evening on some funky public tv channel. I've never watched it, but when I first saw an ad for it on tv, I almost fell off the couch laughing.
Spore page
Old January 14, 2003, 19:39   #92
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 14:05
Are you pulling my paw vovy
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old January 14, 2003, 19:41   #93
Centauri18
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

Local Time: 06:05
No, he's right. It's on the channel called Animal Planet, one of those Discovery Channel off-shoots. I've seen commercials, but not the actual store. But it's a real show. Insane, but a real show. And people take it seriously.
Old January 14, 2003, 19:45   #94
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Damn just like me to miss the boat, oh well maybe there's a niche in the UK I can break into.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old January 14, 2003, 20:32   #95
gooberboob
Civilization II PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMNever Ending Stories
Warlord

I've seen the show, it's called the pet psychic, and it's just a crazy lady who complains on behalf of animals, she once claimed that a Llama wanted to go to a show and wear a hat and a scarf. The guy that owned the llama tried to take the scarf away and the llama spat on him... it was great, I laughed my face off!!
Old January 14, 2003, 21:40   #96
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 13:05
I might have to take fluffy away from you guys....
Old January 16, 2003, 00:05   #97
SKILORD
King

I'm getting chapter 14 done now.
Old January 16, 2003, 00:44   #98
SKILORD
King

Chaprter 14: Victory Stolen
In Boston the trail had heated up.

THe men of the city had taken interest in the traveller who was so knowledgable about the world outside Boston, but sadly for those who followed him so had the ladies, He was accused of a pregnancy, and the people of Boston, being old fashioned, found this no joking matter.

The grandfather to be was particularly upset,more so than either his daughter or any other three people in the town, he had bullied the young man who had once been betrothed to his daughter into fighting with the men who followed the theif of virginity and honor. He had no intentions of marrying her now, she was marred forever, she wasn't perfect enough to deserve him anymore.

Now Will and the native cirlcled each other in the grassy town square, Will had surrendered his shirt, claiming it limited his motions. And his slim, muscled frame stood a stark opposition to the wirey frame of his opponent. Will expected little to come of this for Boston.

Neither man was willing to accept the responsibility, the guilt of the first strike, the circled until the native, who felt that right was on his side, moved in with a jab, which Will sidestepped easily, punching the other man in the ribs.

THe native backed off, watching Will warily, lifting his arms to defense, Will had the initiative now, his opponent knew he wouldn't waste it, a single punch had told him so much about his opponent's style. He was grinning, ready for Will to charge.

Will charged, and the other man, expecting it, grabbed the ex soldier's wrists, and placing his foot gently on the traveller's chest rolled back, tossing him across the ring of spectators. When Will fell he soon found the other man on top, landing punches. Two, Three, Suddenly a thrist of hip freed him. and Will righted himself, wiping the blood from his face, this was not promising, but the other man's turn to strike had come.

THe Bostonian charged back, it was a strikingly uncharachteristic move, and almost caught Will off gaurd, the othe man didn't even punch, Will let loose a jab at the nimble figure.

Who quickly grabbed the arm. Soon Will had dodged a leg that had ventured to the back of his head, he fell to the ground, wondering what was happening to him. Soon he heard his arm crack lke celery, and looked over, numb with pain to see it broken. The victor stood up, to survey his conquest. With all the strength left in him Will kicked feircely at the other man's chest. As his opponent sucked for air Will crawled over to him, propelled on his good arm, and wrapped his arm into he collar of the shirt, cutting off the windpipe, until, with despair his final look to Will, the native passed out.

-
(The variation of the 'flying armbar' enclosed above is untested, and frankly even in practice flying armbars are considered 'low percentage' at 'best'. It is not reccomended by the author, neither is fighting with an arm broken, or even allowing a fight to progress to the broken arm stage without submitting)
-

Fluffy was becoming adept at mountain climbing.

With Bobb as his guide Fluffy had traversed the great mountains all the way to Salt Lake city, once capitaqil of the now displaced Mormon state, below him men took new vows, either to the Order of Latter day saints, whom the Mormons of the West still called themselves, or nto the Order of Latter day Crusaders, which banner the free Mormons flew. Customary protest bonfires burned from every street corner, the c5ty waqs 6n strike.The cats camped outside the city for days, watching the protests swell, the public grow in force.

The men with Rifkes were thrown from the city, burned upon pikes were the traitors to the church. The war would now turn around, promised Bringham Young, over the radio.

Last edited by SKILORD; January 16, 2003 at 01:26.
Old January 16, 2003, 14:58   #99
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

I say keep the cats but nuke the mormons.
Old January 16, 2003, 19:33   #100
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Yeah, the cat is the man! Ahem ... yes, the audience wants the cat

Good stuff, by the way, SKI.
Spore page
Old January 16, 2003, 22:34   #101
SKILORD
King

The next chapter will have lots of Fuzzy.
Old January 17, 2003, 01:57   #102
gooberboob
Civilization II PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMNever Ending Stories
Warlord

Broken arm stage????? But that's just a flesh wound!

Never give in--never, never, never, in nothing great or small... never bothered to read the rest of your sig. SKI, but if victory is necessary, I say fight with the busted arm... it's all good
Old January 18, 2003, 20:23   #103
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

SKILORD who said you could take time off ? how am I supposed to get through the day without a dose of your writing ?

Just kidding SKI looking forward to some more.
Old January 18, 2003, 20:29   #104
vovan
Emperor

Hehe, some of us may need professional treatment for withdrawal symptoms here.
Spore page
Old January 20, 2003, 19:32   #105
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Whats happening Ski dont say our most productive writer has got a touch of the dreaded block.
Old January 20, 2003, 19:36   #106
vovan
Emperor

Don't tell us you have algebra to do, either.
Spore page
Old January 21, 2003, 15:07   #107
SKILORD
King

I got home just last night, it's ok,I have no block and will likely get another chapter out today. i got home too exhausted to write anything, 2 cups of cofee this morning kept me barely awake until now (Even with some sleep last night I'm still a little tired)

No block, though i do have College Algebra homework to do...
Old January 24, 2003, 23:28   #108
vovan
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SKILORD
No block, though i do have College Algebra homework to do...
* Vovansim slaps himself on the forehead *

Am I the only masochist here, taking Discrete Math and Multivariable Claculus at the same time this semester?
Spore page
Old January 24, 2003, 23:31   #109
Centauri18
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

Local Time: 06:05
Algebra... yuck. I hated algebra. And that was the high school version, I shudder to think what College Algebra is like.
I loathe math. I would rather get my teeth drilled without anasthetic then have to do another semester of Algebra.
Old January 26, 2003, 17:08   #110
SKILORD
King

Quote:
Am I the only masochist here, taking Discrete Math and Multivariable Claculus at the same time this semester?
That gopes beyond masochism.

My dad stole my keyboard, but i might get a chapter out tonight
Old January 26, 2003, 17:52   #111
vovan
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SKILORD
My dad stole my keyboard, but i might get a chapter out tonight
Does he not want you to write any more stories?

PS: Wait a minnit, how are posting that message, if your keyboard has been stolen?
Spore page
Old January 26, 2003, 19:10   #112
gooberboob
Warlord

Probably cut and paste...
Old January 26, 2003, 19:12   #113
vovan
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by gooberboob
Probably cut and paste...
That might be it. But that would take a long time. And you have to be reeeealy devoted to write a chapter that way. If SKILORD did it, I would vote for the story in the contest just for that.
Spore page
Old January 26, 2003, 19:20   #114
SKILORD
King

No i went to his computer actually.

He felt that i stole the keyboard from him, and his other one was broken and he felt justified it's a long story.

Cut and paste is an interesting idea.....
Old January 28, 2003, 16:41   #115
SKILORD
King

Finally. i have the time, and the patience, to write the next chapter.
Old January 28, 2003, 16:52   #116
SKILORD
King

grrrr.... no i don't.....

Old January 28, 2003, 17:34   #117
SKILORD
King

Chapter 15: Some other stuff happens
The team of ducks waved their wings imposingly.

"Quack"

Fluffy wasn't frightened, who could be scared of ducks, even if there were twenty of them. Bob the Cat growled besides him,

"I've never seen ducks in the Rocky Mountains before..."

"Yeah and horses aren't indigenous to America, but appear on the map."

"Good point, i'm sure, whatever you mean."

It was a good point
, thought Fluffy.

A duck waddled close to them, bent it's head so it could look Fluffy in the eye, something like a snort escaped it's bill.

"Quack!!!!!"

Suddenly all the ducks leapt, feathers were everywhere as the ducks discovered that as feirce as they thought they may be, they had no claws or anything remotely imposing, they were summarilly slaughtered by the cats.

"What was the poin there?" Bob asked Fluffy, even while feathers still littered the air.

"I don't know, i guess the audience wanted more cat...."

A weak quack came from a larger pile of feathers, Fluffy sulked over to investigate.

-

Sam grinned at them, he could hardly be recognised asa beard now clung to his face.

"How have you been Pedro? It's been a while, i remember knowig you back when a man's property was his alone, not subject to the whims of government."

"You know, you're going to be a father soon, the good people of Boston are quite upset with you."

Sam shrugged, "They'll get over it."

Pedro slapped him backhanded.

"You and i both know you're a better man than that, I bought you a small shop there, I promised to retreive you for them. You have a child to rear."

Sam spat on the ground as he felt along for his razor, to shave before his journey.

"Sure as hell better be a boy." He grumbled, knowing that a son could continue the story in the sequel, knowing that his was finally done.

Outside, Will nursed his casted arm. watching the building that Pedro had entered. A scream began in the sky, he looked around, suddenly a cat fell from the sky.

"Damn Ducks.... can't tell South from East."

Will watched as the feline pulled itself up and looked at him.

"I'm your cat now, I don't know why i was put in the story, but i'm sure of that. We're going to open up a shop, i'll show you how."

"Uhhh.... i guess so."

Humans are so stupid, thought the cat.

Cat's are so bossy thought Will.

-

General Lee had been replaced, President Stonewall Jackson now held the chair of powert in the South.

"Ah Assure you, my fellows, the South shall indeed Rahise again. That's what the Sequel will be for."

The other men grumbled, disbeleiving.

"The South Shall Raihse AGAIN!"
Old January 28, 2003, 17:36   #118
SKILORD
King

yes.... i do
Old January 28, 2003, 18:50   #119
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

SKILORD I have seconded this as I thoroughly enjoyed it up untill the point that fluffy entered the plot. I dont mind you writing what you like and I still enjoyed reading it after fluffy appeared but I think there are really two stories here.

I might be wrong here but I suspect you might have got bored with writing this ? hence the change of direction ?

SKILORD this was a good story but not your best, I only really know your recent work so I cant really judge for sure but I liked Frostbite A Vikings Tale the best so far.

One thing I do know is that you are a very talented writer and I will surely be reading many more great stories by your good self.

I sincerely hope I have not offended you in any way and look forward to the sequel herein mentioned.
Old January 28, 2003, 19:09   #120
SKILORD
King

Quote:
I might be wrong here but I suspect you might have got bored with writing this ? hence the change of direction ?
A trend noticed in my other stories is their brevity, from my first story (Rome: Glory and Disgrace) to my recent Frostbite and Land of the Brave.

The long story was poorly timed, i was really excited with it, but as i started becoming really busy it's fascinating nature paled. Sorry i couldn't keep it up all the way, judging from the feedback i got as it progressed you weren't alone in your opinions Chrisus.