Old December 23, 2002, 09:53   #1
Pap1723
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 07:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
2194 Gigamap Version 0.7
Version 0.7 is completed and ready for release. In order to get around the pillaging bug that was found in 0.6, I just edited from 0.5. So hopefully I remembered all of the changes I made.

Here are the changes from Version 0.5

-All 1 tile island cities are now 2 tiles
-Transports removed from Britain
-Lowered British offensive ability at the start
-Deleted all Japanese Light Tanks and replaced them with 2 Imperial Army each
-Increased German defenses
-Deleted the British city of Narrasauq AFB
-Created the British city of Malta
-Deleted the Neutral city of La Paz
-Created the Axis city of Helsinki
-Increased British defenses
-Took most of the German tank divisions out of North Africa, only 1 remains, replaced them with Light Tanks
-IL-2 Shturmovik now upgrades to the IL-10 in November 44
-Added various AA guns to cities
-Added Anti-Tank Defenses in every city
-New German transport
-Lowered attack of Junkers Ju-88
-Upgraded most of the graphics using the shields from Curt Sibling's Dictator MGE and a color scheme from Academia's Iron Curtain
-Increased ability of the Commandos and Fallschirmjagers
-Deleted Paratroopers
-New Unit - Infantry (available to all, cheap, weak)

Pap
Old December 23, 2002, 09:58   #2
Pap1723
Prince

And the link to the file...

2194 Days Of War Gigamap Version 0.7

If there are any problems downloading this, post here or PM me and I'll upload it in parts here.

Pap
Old December 23, 2002, 10:31   #3
Pap1723
Prince

Rules Update already!!

Pap
Attached Files:
File Type: zip rules update.zip (75.8 KB, 24 views)
Old December 23, 2002, 11:34   #4
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 09:07
Pap

Did we fix the cities in mountains yet?
Old December 23, 2002, 14:42   #5
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Pap

Darius is getting the same pillaging bug again, have you talked to Yaroslav about this?
Old December 23, 2002, 15:17   #6
Chris 62
Spanish CiversCivilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Pap, I started the Americans, there is an error, the US planes at Pearl Harbor are disbanded because they are unsupported before the first player turn.

Maybe you can add the offshore oil improvement to Pearl, it won't provide many shields, but enough to support the intial units.
Old December 23, 2002, 15:24   #7
Pap1723
Prince

Chris, that is because the computer was too stupid to attack the units at Pearl Harbor.

There are too many units there to start with and it counts on a human player killing a bunch of the ships there.

Pap
Old December 23, 2002, 15:48   #8
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Pap

The list with cities in Mountains, hills, forest, jungle and I believe some desert ones as well. Compiled by FiGu.
Attached Files:
File Type: doc hill, mountqins.doc (21.5 KB, 4 views)
Old December 23, 2002, 16:32   #9
Pap1723
Prince

Updated scenario files with the cities fixed that I thought needed it.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 2194.zip (84.9 KB, 13 views)
Old December 23, 2002, 17:04   #10
Chris 62
Spanish CiversCivilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Why not make the planes free then, or from a mainland city?

I like what you did with this, it sure is a long way from 2194 days.
Old December 23, 2002, 17:25   #11
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Pap

Bad news, I tried out the Japanese as SP and got the pillaging problem. I have patch 1.3 for MGE.

Arrrrrgh! we need Yaroslav!
Old December 29, 2002, 17:18   #12
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 14:07
Hi all!

I'm working on the pillage problem, so I ask anybody that is suffering problems with pillage dialogue to download this modified .scn file, put it on the 2194 folder (version 0.7) and start a scenario as Japan in order to try the dialogue thing
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 2194 07 edited.zip (79.2 KB, 7 views)
Old December 29, 2002, 18:04   #13
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Thanks Yaro! Ill try it as soon as I can, I got to take the kids to see LOTR for the SECOND time tonight, it wil probally be tommorrow!

Thanks!
Old December 29, 2002, 18:11   #14
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

You're welcome, conmcb25. I hope it'll work...

(BTW, I also take my little cousin to see LOTR for second time four days ago )
Old December 29, 2002, 18:51   #15
jim panse
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 15:07
hi there, got an interesting question: there are far more than the allowed 320 in a gigamap scenario. my "the world today" scenario includes - i don´t know the real number - about +/- 800 units and there is no problem creating more and more.

how is this possible?

* my guess was that there are far too many units and the ai ignors the "too many units bug". is this the solution/explanation?

sorry for asking it in this thread but i thought somebody of you might know it?
Old December 29, 2002, 18:52   #16
Pap1723
Prince

With the no limits patch I thought the max units number was increased, that might be it...

Pap
Old December 30, 2002, 04:39   #17
jim panse
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 15:07
again i can only guess pap. i installed the mpg version i found in the www and don´t know if the no limits patch was included.

but when i´m playing civ2 and i´m about constructing a lot of units (beyond the ominous 320) i always got the message "there are too many units. try disbanding some".
Old December 30, 2002, 09:44   #18
Pap1723
Prince

Don't know for sure Jim, I am going to guess that maybe with the newer versions, FW and MGE that the number was increased also.

Pap
Old December 30, 2002, 09:51   #19
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by jim panse
but when i´m playing civ2 and i´m about constructing a lot of units (beyond the ominous 320) i always got the message "there are too many units. try disbanding some".
320 isn't the unit limit its a LOT higher (around 2500 I think)
The only limit that's that small is the city limit (255).
Old December 30, 2002, 10:28   #20
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav
Hi all!

I'm working on the pillage problem, so I ask anybody that is suffering problems with pillage dialogue to download this modified .scn file, put it on the 2194 folder (version 0.7) and start a scenario as Japan in order to try the dialogue thing
Bad news the dialogue still does not work for the pillaging. Dam I was hoping this would work!
Old December 30, 2002, 15:37   #21
yaroslav
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

Bad news the dialogue still does not work for the pillaging. Dam I was hoping this would work!
Well, it was only the first try. I'll try a new file soon
Old December 30, 2002, 15:41   #22
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Yaro

You are my new HERO!
Old January 1, 2003, 22:06   #23
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

I believe Yaroslav and I have discovered the problem of the Pillaging dialog box not working.

And you aren't going to believe how simple this is!

It lies in the NAME of the folder you use for the scenario.

I believe if you have numerals and or periods it screws up the way the game sees the scenario or something.

Yaro and I were trying to figure out why we could not get the Pillage dialog when we tried to pillage.

And we stumbled upon it. My name for the latest version was "0.7 Giga".

When I changed it too Giga Ver Seven, guess what the pillaging dialog worked.

So Im guessing a numeral or a period in a scenario folder name screws it up somehow.

This is also true in other scenarios. For instance the name of my colonies folder for Pbem was "Colonies 3.2"

I changed the name of the folder to "Colonies PBEM" and guess what the diplomatic dialog worked!

And that is the first time I got the diplomatic dialog in years! (For
this scenario)

So could someone who is having the pillaging problem please change the scenario folder name to something WITHOUT numerals or periods and let me know if that works so we can confirm this!

Thanks!

Old January 2, 2003, 13:28   #24
yaroslav
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
I believe Yaroslav and I have discovered the problem of the Pillaging dialog box not working.

And you aren't going to believe how simple this is!

It lies in the NAME of the folder you use for the scenario.

I believe if you have numerals and or periods it screws up the way the game sees the scenario or something.

Yaro and I were trying to figure out why we could not get the Pillage dialog when we tried to pillage.

And we stumbled upon it. My name for the latest version was "0.7 Giga".

When I changed it too Giga Ver Seven, guess what the pillaging dialog worked.

So Im guessing a numeral or a period in a scenario folder name screws it up somehow.

This is also true in other scenarios. For instance the name of my colonies folder for Pbem was "Colonies 3.2"

I changed the name of the folder to "Colonies PBEM" and guess what the diplomatic dialog worked!

And that is the first time I got the diplomatic dialog in years! (For
this scenario)

So could someone who is having the pillaging problem please change the scenario folder name to something WITHOUT numerals or periods and let me know if that works so we can confirm this!

Thanks!

I've done some test and I can confirm that it's the period; this makes sense, because the period is a spceial character (extension separator) on Windows