Old December 23, 2002, 14:33   #1
rad1025
Settler

Local Time: 13:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Downloading the mods...HELP!
I got the Apolyton pack OK and like it, but when I try and download the craddle2 pack it crashes after downloading just under 10megs of the12.8meg download. It has happened twice , each time taking me an hour and a half.
Can someone tell me what's wrong?

Maybe someone can email me the zip file as an attachment to an email?rad1025@yahoo.com

I just spent one of my precious days off trying to download this thing so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old December 23, 2002, 15:13   #2
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 14:08
How bizarre Perhaps you should try using a download manager such as GetRight. Then you can resume failed downloads, and keep a steadier connection.
Old December 23, 2002, 16:45   #3
rad1025
Settler

Where?
Where do I get getright?
Old December 23, 2002, 17:37   #4
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 15:08
Re: Where?
Quote:
Originally posted by rad1025
Where do I get getright?
I would try a search on google or just try:

http://www.getright.com/

-Martin
Old December 24, 2002, 01:38   #5
HuangShang
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 06:08
does the whole comp crash?
Old December 24, 2002, 08:58   #6
rad1025
Settler

No
The computer doesn't crash...just the download. I tried on two different web browsers. IE just popped like a bubble. Opera WB didn't stop downloading...it just started over after about 10 megs.

Can't someone just mail it to me?????
Old December 24, 2002, 10:18   #7
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

I justed tested it and it works fine for me - maybe your ISP isn't fond of big downloads? Have you ever downloaded 10+ MB files with success before (with your current ISP)?

If it's indeed a ISP limitation, they probably won't like 13 MB large email attachments either (heck, very few ISPs do), so email isn't going to work most likely.

If downloading large files worked before on other sites, you could try downloading Cradle from hex's site. If that doesn't work, I could see if I can split the file in 2 smaller parts for you, but I'll need some time for that.
Old December 24, 2002, 11:05   #8
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Okay, I uploaded the mod in 2 smaller chunks: a 5 MB picture file and the rest of the files in a 7 MB zip. Just download both and extract the non-picture file normally (as described in the readme), then extract the picture file in the folder [main CtP2 folder]\ctp2_data\default\graphics\pictures (where [main CtP2 folder] is C:\Program Files\Activision\Call to Power 2 by default).

Note that this is Cradle v1.30. The secondary file in the Directory contains an update to v1.32 and hex's website has the latest version: v1.34.
Old December 24, 2002, 13:02   #9
Locutus
Deity

D'oh! Forgot to include links

Pictures: http://apolyton.net/~ctp2files/mods/cradle_pictures.zip (~5 MB)

Others:
http://apolyton.net/~ctp2files/mods/...xcept_pics.zip (~7 MB)
Old December 24, 2002, 13:55   #10
rad1025
Settler

Thanks Everyone!
I found Getright at getright.com....and it did the trick. I now have all the mods I need. Sorry to cause so much trouble to the person who split the files. Hopefully that may help some one else.

I could use so specific instuction on how to make some of the smaller mods like the one with the natural wonders work. I've seen some of the readmes and the writers assume that I actually know something besides how to play games. I love to play, but am not great on the tech side.
Specifically, the three I would loke to incorporate are naturalwonders, Goodmod1, and cityexpansion. Any hints or tips would be welcome. Please be very specific and literal as I am not that smart!

Again, thanks to all...everything helped.
I just finished loading all at 12-24-02-11:58:00CST
email me at rad1025@yahoo.com
Old December 24, 2002, 14:03   #11
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

If you like to play GoodMod with Cradle: No problem it is already part of Cradle. If you like to play GoodMod with ApolytonPack, MedPack2 or CityMod2 just download the update (it contains all the files that are new or altered since the first version of GoodMod).

For the two others mods it is a little bit more complicated, if I remember correctly Pedrun wanted to release a compartible version of the City Expansion Set and Cradle/GoodMod but if I remember correctly he wasn't able to do it so far.

-Martin