View Poll Results: Should the slaves be emancipated?
Yes! Free them ASAP! 16 31.37%
Yes, but at our convenience; complete all PW improvement first 11 21.57%
No! Crack that whip! 24 47.06%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 24, 2002, 12:52   #31
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 08:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
We should have them work for us as long as posible. I vote to CRACK THE WHIP!

Sell your photos
Old December 24, 2002, 13:07   #32
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:08
Quote:
Originally posted by Aidun
Sorry, you are counting wrongly. It is (92+66)/(804+92).
Otherwise you are counting the domestic workets twice.
the answer to this sum is 17,6%. we still keep 804-66=738 Lytons par turn as our National Income. Isn't that enough?
You're correct, but it doesn't make things any different from my point of view. It is still uneconomical and detrimental to our progress. We still lose 66 free workers.
Let's crack that whip, 'cause the slaves are going nowhere.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 24, 2002, 16:37   #33
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

While foreigners integrated into the urbanized workforce have an excellent (100%) track record of assimilation to Apolytonian cultural norms and conversion to worship of the Great Banana, the foreigns made into slaves have a horrible (0%) track record of assimilation into Apolytonian cultural norms and conversion to worship of the Great Banana.

Due to the commandments of the Great Banana that all territory under our domain be filled with people who are properly thankful for his mercy and grace, we have no choice but to free these slaves, that they may learn in our temples, our schools, our libraries, our cathedrals, and other areas about the enlightenment of Apolyton and the merciful grace of the Great Banana.

If you believe in the Great Banana, you have no choice but to choose that option which will be in line with his teachings in mercy: FREE THE SLAVES THAT THEY MAY COME TO THE TRUTH OF THE GREAT BANANA.
Old December 24, 2002, 16:38   #34
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
You obviously don't belong in the Labor Party
Old December 24, 2002, 16:55   #35
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Noone has yet told me that I am not allowed to be a nationalist. I see the complete replacement of domestic workers with slaves as the best thing for our own workers, who can return to the cities and specialize and then supervise the slaves, run factories, work as bankers, teach at the universities or research new technologies. Additionally, we will soon have openings for policemen, which still pay more than field workers.
As for your stance, I'm surprised that the DIA party is so much in favor of "freeing" slaves. After all, you represent the industrialists, and as such I'd expect you to support what is good for Apolytonia economically.
- Phantom of the Opera

Last edited by Shiber; December 24, 2002 at 17:19.
Old December 24, 2002, 17:16   #36
Nolan
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:08
rp}

Shiber, I feel that through you Labour and ARMS can work together, for a more pure future.
Arnelos, you are trying to use the Great Bananna as a cover to achieve your own means. Freeing the slaves leaves them as pagans, and for some reason you wish to do that to them, even though they are AI, we have to give them a chance to convert to the true religion in this life. There is something evil growing in the DIA, it disappoints me, yet it no suprise.

rp}

Regards
Old December 24, 2002, 17:37   #37
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 05:08
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

You obviously don't belong in the Labor Party
Shiber may be a minority in the ALP as far as his slavery issues are concerned, however this is no reason to cancel his membership, nor do I intend to do so. While I disagree with him ethically on this issue, he has provided several insightful ideas on how we can resurrect our economy, and for that I commend him.

After all, parties themselves may often disagree.
Old December 24, 2002, 18:35   #38
Nolan
Chieftain

rp}

I commend the Labour party on there willingness to have a broad view inside party membership, that is another area where the pagan DIA falters, ultimately I hope all parties can realise the importance of the message of the Great Bananna.

rp}

It's only roleplay DIA members, really I love ya all, but you are the ones in control and with numbers, don't quote this non roleplay bit for roleplay

Regards
Old December 24, 2002, 19:46   #39
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Nolan
It's only roleplay DIA members, really I love ya all, but you are the ones in control and with numbers, don't quote this non roleplay bit for roleplay
Of course I'm really enjoying all this role-play myself and my disparaging of you is entirely roleplay as well
Old December 24, 2002, 19:59   #40
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:08
Before you criticize a slave, build a mile of road in his place. That way, if he gets angry at you he's enjoying his freedom a mile away in Banana HQ.
Old December 24, 2002, 23:28   #41
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
You're correct, but it doesn't make things any different from my point of view. It is still uneconomical and detrimental to our progress. We still lose 66 free workers.
[rp]
I keep saying that liberty is and should be above economy.
EQUALITY BEFORE LAW, freedom of religion, of press and of expression of opinion should be self-evident! These liberal basic principles should be the basic of every society!
Soon we're discovering really modern technologies, we need skilled and educated people that are willing to work!
I'm a modern industrialist. I haven't seen the past, and I know it just from tales. I only look at this time. In the world as it now is slavery may be cheap, but inferior in the factory, inferior on the farms, in the mines and in the road- and railroadbuiding industry!

Liberals and Labour UNITE in the struggle against slavery!
[/rp]

Arnelos, what is the DIA-view on this point, or is this just individual?
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old December 25, 2002, 21:54   #42
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Comments please...
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old December 25, 2002, 22:17   #43
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aidun
Comments please...

Old December 26, 2002, 01:19   #44
Nolan
Chieftain

rp}

Hmmm your short term obsessions with this life will bring the wrath of the Great Bananna down on all of us, it is a test, and all you do is try to convince people to fail it, your words are poison

rp}
Old December 27, 2002, 01:00   #45
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Aidun.

BTW, mathematical note: our slaves are not 66 free workers, they are 33 free workers. Slaves work half as fast as motivated, payed ones.
Old December 27, 2002, 01:08   #46
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Time to start the A.S.E..:d: