Old December 23, 2002, 17:13   #1
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Pollution rankings
I seem to recall in CtP (the original) that the amount of pollution you generated was recorded in the graph rankings. It even told you how far away from global disaster you were.

In CtP2 is there a way to view how heavily polluting other nations are? I can't seem to find it if there is. And are there any mods to graph the amount of pollution?
Old December 23, 2002, 17:43   #2
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 15:09
Unfortunatly this feature is missing in CTP2. You have on the main screen a pollution bar in the upper right corner. That tells you when the next disaster comes. But there is nothing more.

Unfortuantly it is not possible to mod this back as it is hard encoded, the only thing you could do is using some message boxes that tells the player every few turns or so the pollution rankings.

-Martin
Old December 23, 2002, 18:39   #3
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 10:09
You can see how much polution a civ is generating through the inteligence screen if you have an embassy with them. The bad thing is that you gotta check one by one.
-Jean Rostand
Old December 23, 2002, 19:12   #4
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Pedrunn
You can see how much polution a civ is generating through the inteligence screen if you have an embassy with them. The bad thing is that you gotta check one by one.
I didn't know that, probably because I don't use embassies too often. But it is still annoying not to have it in the power graph like in CTP1. Actual it is caculated in the rankings. I played a game without pollution by accident and realized half in the game therefore I used the cheat editor to turn the pollution on and every civs took some turns later a jump on the power graph.

-Martin
Old December 24, 2002, 05:15   #5
Dauphin
Deity

When I play MP with my brother we normally turn off embassies (i.e diplomats, empathic diplomats, world peace centre, spies). Mainly because we don't like the computer trading techs, and we never trade techs with each other. It also prevents stealing. Silly really.

OK so how do I get a script to state the pollution rankings, say every 15 turns?
Old December 24, 2002, 07:11   #6
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 10:09
Do you mean a messagebox with the ranking?
-Jean Rostand
Old December 24, 2002, 08:13   #7
J Bytheway
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

There was a small problem with the pollution rankings in CTP1 (in MP at least) - it allowed you to spot when your opponents changed government, and even (to a certain extent) into which government they changed.
Old December 24, 2002, 09:37   #8
Dauphin
Deity

The way around that would have been to rank the base pollution rate, before government type multipliers.
Old December 24, 2002, 11:31   #9
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Pedrunn
Do you mean a messagebox with the ranking?
Yes a message box, IIRC I saw something like this in one of the slic files of the Apolyton Pack for CTP1. So this is possible and we had something like this for the general ranking in Civ2.

Quote:
Originally posted by J Bytheway
There was a small problem with the pollution rankings in CTP1 (in MP at least) - it allowed you to spot when your opponents changed government, and even (to a certain extent) into which government they changed.
If we put something like this into the ranking message boxes we could run into such problem, too. But actual it would be a little bit harder to guess, because you don't have the visualisation of the power graph, so you would have to record this every time you get such a message.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
The way around that would have been to rank the base pollution rate, before government type multipliers.
It is possible to take the base pollution by divding through the government multipliers. But then we need the government detection code of Dale. The alternative would be to let know every player on government changes.

-Martin