Old December 23, 2002, 22:12   #1
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 15:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Annexion Question
Well I recently fired up a Game as the Aztecs (hooray they Invented Inflation ) and I noticed that I culd annex the Navajo although they had 5 Provinces astounished I invaded my next Neighbour (uhm just for testing Purposes! ) who had 3 Provinced to find out I could annex hom as well after capturing all his Prov's.
I have to permit this confuses me . Its my first Gmae on the New Continent normally I play Eastern Europe or China.
Is this only possible to the Couintries there thus easening European conquest ?
Old December 27, 2002, 10:23   #2
RobRoy
Warlord

Local Time: 13:09
Sort of.

In the last patch, they made it easier to annex pagan nations. You can now do it all in one war. You still get 6 BB points for the annexation, but no extra for each of the provinces, regardless of whether its an offensive war or not.

BB for annexing pagans is still too expensive, IMHO. I wonder if they'll reduce it to the 1 BB point Christians get for annexing Muslim nations (and vice-versa) in 1.06?
RobRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29, 2002, 13:20   #3
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Is this EU I or EU II? Just wondering?
Old December 29, 2002, 15:26   #4
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

Part Two
Old January 5, 2003, 19:48   #5
Optimizer
Prince

Local Time: 14:09
What's BB points?
Optimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2003, 20:17   #6
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Bad boy reputation.

Annexing countries, taking provinces in peace deals and declaring war all effect that reputation.

The worse the reputation the worse your relations and the likelyhood of alliances declaring war on you.
Old January 5, 2003, 20:33   #7
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 06:09
Pagans can be annexed anytime you conquor all of their territory also they a super easy to convert to one of the other religions.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Oerdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2003, 13:56   #8
thinkingamer
Warlord

Local Time: 05:09
Hi, i started to play this game as China, but when i annexed the Manchu, the game warned me something about annexing the country with same religion can give me trouble.......but certainly what i got was bunch of uncontrollable rebellions...... can anyone tell me why this is happening???
Old January 6, 2003, 15:11   #9
Oerdin
Deity

If you annex a nation which is the same religion as you then other states which have the same religion as you begin to dislike you. Since there are no other states bedsides Manchu which shares China's religion this is kind of a mute point.

You'll lose a little reputation but who cares? Just annex them and ride out the 30 years of nationalism.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old January 6, 2003, 16:59   #10
Optimizer
Prince

Is there any detailed information about BB points?

Do you get them everytime you go to war, even when you have a casus belli?
Optimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2003, 17:26   #11
Havard
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Optimizer
Is there any detailed information about BB points?

Do you get them everytime you go to war, even when you have a casus belli?
Check out kurtbrian's BadBoy Guide over at the official EU2 forum

(Declaring war with CB gives 1 BB, unless you are DoWing a pagan nation)
Havard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2003, 17:38   #12
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 09:09
I don't like BB points!

I wish they were in HOI though.
Jon Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2003, 18:27   #13
Oerdin
Deity

Hearts of Iron doesn't really need BB since it has the percent of population unhappy with your policies. Declare war when your war warriness is to high and watch your government fall to revolution.
Old January 8, 2003, 13:55   #14
thinkingamer
Warlord

Ok....this time i started to play as Japan; There were BIG difficulties annexing Korea and Manchu.
Specially the Manchus who were allied with China, which gave me a big headache: when Manchu, a chinese ally declared war to me (to recover their lost lands i guess), China also decleared war to me (but China was my ally too!!!) and the funniest thing is that my relationship w/ China was +150.....can anyone explain to me why this is happening?
Old January 8, 2003, 15:00   #15
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Who cares about BBs?

They are only usefull to get into an alliance, and alliances are only usefull to enter wars and conquer lands that would otherwise cost you stability points.

I am usually "hated throughout the world" by 1440, but who cares? I still get them to sign Trade agreements.
Palaiologos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2003, 19:56   #16
Oerdin
Deity

If you have a high enough BB then every nation which has land next to yours will declare war on you every five years like clock work. It really sucks when you've been at war for twenty years staight, your economy is ruined, your armies are in shambles, and the other guys just keep taking turns attacking you.
Old January 14, 2003, 08:19   #17
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Only if you are playing on a higher difficulity level. But you can get a very mild version if you play on a low difficulity level, and have a small army(I guess what's low is determined by the size of your country).
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2003, 14:22   #18
thinkingamer
Warlord

What's a BB? Sorry, about this lame question, but i just got into EU forums......

By the way, has anyone conquered the whole world, starting with a 1 state (pieces of land) European nation (such as one of the german states) or any other 2 state non-Europeans nations in hardest difficulty? If this is possible how fast? Any reply would be apreatiated
Old January 15, 2003, 15:03   #19
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

I know of several succsessfull attempts, espesially by a man(GOD!) called Proffessor Ebbesen.

BB stands for BadBoy rating, and is a number that shows how "bed" you've been in the eyes of the world.
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2003, 19:06   #20
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by thinkingamer
What's a BB? Sorry, about this lame question, but i just got into EU forums......

By the way, has anyone conquered the whole world, starting with a 1 state (pieces of land) European nation (such as one of the german states) or any other 2 state non-Europeans nations in hardest difficulty? If this is possible how fast? Any reply would be apreatiated
At the Paradox site they have several people who've conquered the world while starting with just one impoverished provience. A notable example is conquering the world from Trebizond. Now days people try to see who can conquor the world fastest, starting from a country like Albania, having never taken a loan, not using any cheats or edits or loop holes (like turbo annex), and keeping BB as low as possible.
Old January 17, 2003, 20:08   #21
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

I always play in normal difficulty and normal AI aggression and BBs have never influenced my actions. The problem lies mainly in the beggining(as Byzantium) when after you annex some of the catholic heathen bordering you you have the Pope ad his string of alliances attacking you(Aragorn and Venice mainly).

At times like this you will have to shallow your pride and pay them 50gold in indemities.

But what i would really like to be implemented in the game is that after you annex a nation you get their treasury as well. It doesn't make sense to assume total control of their lands and don't get their cash.
Palaiologos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2003, 07:06   #22
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 09:09
BB wars only erupt on Very Hard difficulty. Before that, BB points just hurt your reputation. If you're a smaller country, that can be quite important. As, say, Spain or France, you have little to worry about though.
Jon Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote