Old October 16, 2000, 10:03   #1
cbn
Prince

Local Time: 22:19
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Different victory
In my second ever SMAX game(2nd highest level) I took the usurpers just to get a sense of the aliens abilities (wow!! I know now why people argued they are overpowered). Now the conciousness and Data are gone, Domai (submissive) has 4 bases, Cha dawn (Vendetta) has one base and Sven (vendetta)4 while I am systematically nerve gassing the Caretakers (7 bases)out of existence and could get rid of them in about 5 turns.

In this game I would probably win a conquest victory in less than 10 turns. But since Smax is new to me I was wondering if there is a worthwhile movie for a different type of victory. In particular I was going to build those subspace generators to call the fleet just to see what happens. Should I leave 1 Caretaker base for the fleet to destroy? or is the ending nothing special so I should move on and try SMAX on transcend . . . . . thinking about the Drones to see why Adam Smith loves them so much . . . . In the hands of the AI they have been an early (but not very useful submissive) in both Smax games I have played.

CBN
Old October 17, 2000, 01:15   #2
Rynn:
ACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 20:49
It's worth playing to the end with the subspace generators - the video is quite neat

R.
Old October 24, 2000, 09:56   #3
cbn
Prince

Local Time: 22:19
Thanks Rynn

I played it out leaving only 3 AI factions with one city each alive. I killed anything that dared leave their cities.

At that stage it was pretty anticlimactic as I beelined to the appropriate tech and then switched to an all cash economy to rush those generators in about 2 turns. the little movie was ok and this will probably the only time I will ever play as the aliens so I am glad i played it out.

I am now on to the Drones in a game I set up against
Morgan,data, conciousness, University, peacekeepers and Sven. Since I am usually ahead in tech in my games I just wanted to try a game where everyone else were good researchers. Interestingly I was the tech leader about 10 turns ago but now there are 3 SPs being built for which I don't gave the tech. So far i stand 3rd in the powergraph but with 10 fully forested (except one borehole per city and mines on any rocky squares) cities and tree farms online I feel good about my chances. In 3 turns I get Chaos weapons and I think Sven is going to rue the day that he made war with me.

After this game i think I will try Sven . . . hmmm

Old October 24, 2000, 11:56   #4
VoodooChild
Warlord

Local Time: 01:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Yeah I think the drones are best played for submissive pacts to make up for their lacking in research, or you could go with probe warfare.

Good hunting