Old December 24, 2002, 21:47   #1
El León
Spanish Civers
King

Local Time: 07:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Project
As those of you who visit the Spanish site know, I've been working on a little project...

As a hint (that should make it obvious to the most observant) I will post the brainstorm of the wonders:

Colossus - Marketplace of Tlatelolco (Or should it be the Xoconochco Trade Center?)
Great Wall - Fortified Imperial Border
The happiness wonders: Captive Deities, Great Calpulli, (Need to think of some more)
Isaac Newton's - Poetry of Nezahualcoyotl
Copernicus' - Toltec Renaissace...(Need more specific)
Shakespeare's - Great Teocalli.
Sun Tzu's - Temple of Malinalco
Adam Smith's - Tribute Matrix
Hoover Dam - Otomí Craftsmen
UN - Flowery War (for the Tlaxcallan Kingdom... Or should it be the Tlachcihualtepetl of Cholula?)

Graphics and more will be forthcoming...
Old December 25, 2002, 02:24   #2
Wernazuma III
Spanish CiversCivilization III PBEMNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 15:12
Re: The Project
Colossus - If you'd have included east mesoamerica it would be clearly the market of Cozumel, but as for Anahuac only...
Great Wall - Tlaxcalan Defense System?
The happiness wonders: Captive Deities (Do you mean the temple in Tenochtitlan with all the captured deities?); And what about Motecuhzomas Gardens?

Copernicus' - Again, it would be much easier with Yucatan included. Chichen Itzá observatory.

Sun Tzu's - Temple of Malinalco (?) Hm, actually I have to admit that I don't know anything about this temple. What about the Temple of Warriors at Tula?

Hoover Dam - Otomí Craftsmen - not sure about this one either, but I can't think of anything else.
UN - Flowery War A little bit cynical, don't you think?

Oracle - Coatepec?
Old December 25, 2002, 02:46   #3
JCG
Prince

Local Time: 08:12
Sounds very interesting, and it reminds me of why I should catch up on some of my mythology readings/lectures and so on....until then, I'm just wishing you good luck, for a change.
Old December 25, 2002, 23:16   #4
El León
Spanish Civers
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Wernazuma III
Colossus - If you'd have included east mesoamerica it would be clearly the market of Cozumel, but as for Anahuac only...
Yucatán is off the map. But I am undecided as to putting this wonder in Xoconochco to representa all the central american trade, or as the Marketplace of Tlatelolco. Another option is in Coixtlahuaca, the gateway to the Oaxacan trade routes.

Quote:
Defense System? Great Wall - Tlaxcalan Defense System
Actually, I wanted to give this to the Tarascan AI, in the hopes that this will help it defend from chichimecs and from the Mexica, hence the Fortified Imperial Fronteir. Then again, I could make it up for grabs...

Quote:
The happiness wonders: Captive Deities (Do you mean the temple in Tenochtitlan with all the captured deities?); And what about Motecuhzomas Gardens?
Of course! Hadn't thought of that, which just brought to mind Nezahualcoyotl's Baths. Actually, the baths would probably fit better as the Pyramids, since they were part of a massive irrigation system that allowed population to grow faster... Yes, the captive deities would have to be the name of the temple if I can remember it.

Quote:
Sun Tzu's - Temple of Malinalco (?) Hm, actually I have to admit that I don't know anything about this temple. What about the Temple of Warriors at Tula?
Malinalco's main feature is the temple of the eagle knights, carved out of the rock. Quite amazing. It was built under one of the late emperors (maybe Xocoyotzin). It's funny, but the temple of the warriors is known in Mexico as the Temple of Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli, but I suppose it makes sense to jsut say "the warriors" in other languages. The old Tula was abandoned by the time of the Aztecs, I believe.

Quote:
Hoover Dam - Otomí Craftsmen - not sure about this one either, but I can't think of anything else.
I will name it after something else (not sure), but since prehispanic times, Otomís are well known as heavy laborers. Even today, you are boud to hear otomí among construction workers fairly frequently.

Quote:
UN - Flowery War A little bit cynical, don't you think?
Oracle - Coatepec?
It does sound a little cynical, doesn't it?... but I planned to give it to the Tlaxcalans (should name it after some tlaxcalan thing, maybe the defenses) to help limit the Mexica expansion into their turf.

Coatepec? Tell me more…

Edit - got quotes right.
Old December 26, 2002, 01:09   #5
El León
Spanish Civers
King

An image of the temple of the eagle knights in Malinalco. All of it, including the stairs, has been carved out of the rock, earning the comparison to Petra (smaller scale, though)
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	w32t.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	32529  
Old December 26, 2002, 03:08   #6
Pap1723
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

So a Mayan, Incan, Aztec scenario?

Pap
Old December 26, 2002, 03:30   #7
El León
Spanish Civers
King

Mexica - "Aztec" if you will.

Will feature:

All original graphics.
At least 3 events changes.
  • All original graphics
  • At least 3 file changes for a single player scenario
  • A short, appended multi-player scenario (50 turns max)
Old January 3, 2003, 11:27   #8
Heresson
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 15:12
Good luck. I know only 1 scenario concerning Aztecs
Old January 7, 2003, 03:08   #9
El León
Spanish Civers
King