Old December 27, 2002, 17:24   #1
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 08:20
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Important For Nation States
Just because you are posting in these forums, doesn't give you the right to spam.

Please limit the number of threads you start, and post on topic. I've reviewed most of the threads started to date and I just wanted to remind you that normal spamming rules apply.

Be considerate of others using this forum... Because from what I've seen so far, PCR and Restrictions are in some of your futures!
Old December 27, 2002, 17:53   #2
orange
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Yes...can we have some type of organization to this game? Perhaps one thread for UN updates and one for national contacts? There are too many nations for each to have their own thread...

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui
Old December 27, 2002, 17:57   #3
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Well... you guys better come up with a way to organize it... because if you don't, you probably won't like how I would organize it

And the clock is ticking...
Old December 27, 2002, 18:00   #4
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 15:20
Ahh... I see, you set the deadline timer for when we need to quit discussing NationStates related issues in multiple dedicated threads in this fora?

Ming, you must accept we need time as no one has received any response from Markos or Dan. You can't go out with your banning rod before we get a chance to get things organised. E.g. I'm still trying to get somekind of sense how the diplomacy is now working and if we all get banned in the meantime we try to get things working, that would be rather brute to all of us.
Old December 27, 2002, 18:01   #5
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 10:20
and just when does said ticking end, exactly?
Old December 27, 2002, 18:05   #6
Ming
lifer
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Rasbelin
Ming, you must accept we need time as no one has received any response from Markos or Dan. You can't go out with your banning rod before we get a chance to get things organised.
You want to bet... I will do what ever action is needed to handle the complaints I've received about this forum.

Mark and Dan area busy, and it may take them time to come to a decision... Until then...

I want to see a SINGLE thread to discuss how it should be organized... and I want the discussion to start now.

I'm going to start deleting new threads if I don't see some sense of order or organization.

You must ACCEPT that!
Old December 27, 2002, 18:07   #7
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Apolyton Grand Executioner

Local Time: 05:20
Since I'm in Nationstates, can I have a wee bit of input in the ticking of the clock?

There's now 40 nations in Apolyton region, though not all of them are 'poly posters. I figure that number will grow some.
Old December 27, 2002, 18:09   #8
orange
Emperor

there needs not be standard diplomacy on this forum for nationstates...that can be conducted through the nationstates website itself which has telegrams (like PMs) Alls that's needed here, IMO, is a thread for who is involved and where you can access their nation, and another thread for discussion of world events and minor diplomacy...i don't think there needs to be anything more than that.

My $.02

Old December 27, 2002, 18:20   #9
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

The official NationStates is way too slow... Besides, we'd like a general discussion forum for the entire Apolyton region, and do more than simple nation-to-nation telegrams or discussion threads on NS itself which non-Apolytoners can read as well.

Anyway, following Orange's logic, there isn't any need for a distinct Diplomacy forum. That can be conducted with simple e-mails instead. Heck, I myself played several Diplomacy games without a forum. The only Diplomacy threads necessary on Poly are some to gather players for a game.
Old December 27, 2002, 18:25   #10
orange
Emperor

Diplomacy needs individual threads to post actual game movements as well as map updates...to post all games in one thread would be cluttered. I'm in favour of a Nation States forum if you want to do extensive posting on this, but failing that, I don't think it's fair to clutter up a moderately successful Diplomacy forum with nation states stuff.

Old December 27, 2002, 18:28   #11
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Why can't game movements and map updates be sent per e-mails by the GM to all players? That is how I do it.
Old December 27, 2002, 18:29   #12
reismark
NationStatesApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 09:20
I agree that conducting discussions on nationstates.net would largely be unaffective because of the slowness of the site. Also, everything except the telegrams Orange mentioned is publicily visible - there are going to be situations where discussions are going to be need to be carried on which need to be kept private to those in the Apolyton region.

I would definitely support the creation of a Nationstates fora, but I can understand why the administration would not...

MTG: What nation are you?
Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Last edited by reismark; December 27, 2002 at 18:40.
Old December 27, 2002, 18:35   #13
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

I volunteer to run an index thread of some kind, with a link to each nation in the first post. I've had some experience doing this kind of thing for the Civ2 democracy game. am i acceptable to people to run this?
Old December 27, 2002, 18:42   #14
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 13:20
Fine by me. May I still post the Judges Election Poll? I don't see any other way we can elect them.

I would suggest having:
one index thread as H Tower has suggested,
one UN thread,
one trade thread,
one court thread and
one miscellanious discussion thread, for RPing and technical help etc. and then scrap all the others?
That reduces all the disturbance to 5 threads. Pretty please

If not, does anyone have any ideas which ones we can cut out?

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old December 27, 2002, 18:59   #15
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

If we're allowed:
We have the UN thread already, can H Tower start an index thread (as I have no idea ) I'll do the poll for judges (one off) and when finished I'll do a thread for the court. Then can someone (me if necessary) start a misc thread and a trade thread. Then once that's done (and please, only once that's done) can a moderator delete all others?

Old December 27, 2002, 19:02   #16
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

we don't have to make new threads, the mods can just combine all the UN threads into one, and the Trade thread could easily be the "Zoran desires trading partners" thread, renamed to "Nation States Trade Thread"
Old December 27, 2002, 19:11   #17
Drogue
staff

Ah, I'm still a noobie, and had no idea what mods can and can't do. Sorry if I caused the spam, I didn't even know there were rules against it

Old December 28, 2002, 03:54   #18
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 06:20
The Mods are powerless. They can't do anything.
Old December 28, 2002, 04:27   #19
Zero-Tau
Chieftain

Local Time: 14:20
Just one more thing I noticed.

Thankfully, Obsessed Nuker from CFC hasn't found his way to NationStates.

...yet.
Old December 28, 2002, 05:10   #20
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 00:20
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Old December 28, 2002, 05:27   #21
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Perhaps we should recruit the Commonwealth of Akiria and Jedinica Vrijstaat to our effort as well. Their arms industries would be a valuable contribution.
Old December 28, 2002, 08:29   #22
Drogue
staff

What is CFC? Of course I will share all military technology I possess, and can assure you that no nucleur missiles will be fired upon Apolyton. I have already tested my CND-1 Orbital Laser Defense Matrix on an attack sent to the ISS, and one sent to Alacrecia (sp?), and it worked very nicely

Old December 28, 2002, 10:59   #23
Maniac

Civilization Fanatics Center or so? And I am happy to announce a few Jedinican nuclear submarines loaded with Centralian uranium and Akirian defence systems are already underway to spy the Fanatic movements.
Old December 28, 2002, 14:43   #24
H Tower

EDIT:

Last edited by H Tower; December 28, 2002 at 14:53.
Old December 28, 2002, 18:58   #25
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
Civilization Fanatics Center or so? And I am happy to announce a few Jedinican nuclear submarines loaded with Centralian uranium and Akirian defence systems are already underway to spy the Fanatic movements.
Globalisation in action.
Old December 30, 2002, 12:37   #26
reismark
NationStatesApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 09:20
Public notice to all Nationstates players: Be sure to join the Nationstates Civgroup which the esteemed administrators of this site have been so kind to provide us with by clicking here or on the link at the top of any thread in the S&D forum.
Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)
Old December 30, 2002, 22:30   #27
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

What is this nation-states stuff and why is it in our beloved Diplomacy forum?
Old December 31, 2002, 02:34   #28
Rasbelin
Emperor

Yeap, the new Civgroup is great. Now I just need to get the state running again.
Old December 31, 2002, 02:38   #29
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 01:20
The NS civgroup is one of the classier looking icons IMO

Now all we need is a forum

Thank you Markos
Old December 31, 2002, 03:43   #30
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by redbull
Thank you Markos
Thankyou Dan