Old December 27, 2002, 22:38   #1
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 05:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Foreign Affairs Minister Report - 1280 AD
Apolytonians:

Welcome to World War I, and unlike the baseline case, WE have achieved it in a mear 1275 AD.

We find ourselves well on the way for one of the bloodiest 25 years our world has ever known. With the guiding help of The Great Banana, our: all-in one, non-denominational, middle of the road, except when extreme, Ever-So-Super-Powerful-Super-Being
Deity, We stand a good chance of coming out as the pre-eminent world power. It would take a real sour turn of events to change this destiny the Great Banana has laied out for us. Up till now we have been playing catch-up. Germany was able to get in the way however; and I guess The Romans felt the same way about us. So now we have A World War.

The Stage:

Major Enemies:
Germany : Also at war with Aztec, India, Japan, Iroquois, Greece, England and Persia.
Rome: Also at war with Japan, Iroquois, Russia, England and Greece.
Minor Enemies: ( due to alliances with major enemies )
Babylon
China (also Allied with Germany against Aztecs)

None of them will acknowledge or envoys.

Allies:
India, Ally vs. Germany (18)
Aztec, Ally vs. Germany (18)
Persia Ally vs. Germany (18)

Protection Partners:
Japan (12)
Iroquois (12)
Russia (12)
England (12)
Greece (12)

Neutral:
Zulu (for how long?)

Unless Zulu Attack, we have 12 of "stability-in-war" assuming our protection partners can behave themselves. That looks like at least three turn chats, the way it is running these days.

Outstanding Tech:
Refining: Greece, India and Aztecs have Refining. Greece has teh best deal for us presently with 41LPT +dyes+spices as a renegotiation. The cost drops each turn, so we are deciding to wait a few until we have no per turn cost (ideally).

Upcoming Trades:
Will be edited once I get to the FAM orders

Misc:

Eventually we have to find some way to peace in 12-18 turns or so.

AGAIN, I have no intention of trading Scientific Method untill we have achieved the build for ToE beyond doubt.

There has been talk about giving away cities, for diplomatic reasons. I support this.

How do we feel about gifting things?

Do we constantly renegotiating peace or do we maintain a good attitude? It would be easy to grab the extra gold and maps with our other deals anyway.

I would like to see us strive for all three realistic Victory conditions (Dom, SS and Dip). Thoughts comments? This is a KEY issue for the FAMs of the future to consider as we get near the Modern age of Fission and SpaceShips.

I will preparing the rest of the FAM Orders for the turnchat and update tradeing information.

Please feel free to post anything FAM related here.

Thanks and
Have a nice day
Mss
Old December 28, 2002, 00:00   #2
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:21
I do suspect we should spend the 42gpt for refining because it would show us where the oil is and that could effect what cities we gift.
Aggie
Old December 28, 2002, 06:50   #3
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:21
Good point Aggie.
I'd personally prefer to wait as much as possible before purchasing refining. This tech gives us no immediate advantages other than access to oil and the ability to trade it, so we can delay the purchase of refining until we'll need it to determine which cities not to gift.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 28, 2002, 15:40   #4
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
I do suspect we should spend the 42gpt for refining because it would show us where the oil is and that could effect what cities we gift.
Aggie
hi ,

not only for oil , we should only give something out if we know that nothing at all lays within its range , so the best would be to wait until modern age and its resources , ......

have a nice day
Old December 30, 2002, 11:57   #5
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Good point, we don't want to gift a city now and find out that there is Uranium and/or Alumninum under it's control in the modern era.
Old December 30, 2002, 12:57   #6
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

In some cases we'd be able to tell for sure if a certain city does not have Uranium and/or Aluminium within its range by examining the terrain. In other cases, we may want to wait like Panag suggested.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 30, 2002, 13:06   #7
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I think Uranium is found in tiles that were forest at the beginning of the game and also in mountains. This makes it very difficult to tell which cities may have it.
In addition, In most of my games, at least one Uranium resource is relocated in the modern era.
Old December 30, 2002, 18:42   #8
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 05:21
Excelent points
RE: Gifting cities and resources, Taken under advisement...though I pose one question...

If we do want a gift a city, Wait until after rocketry AND Fission? That seems like a long time away . What if we want to play the political game of forcing hostilities between say....russia and Rome, so we gift them (hypothetically) .... ROME. This will ensure further hostilities between the two nations, but it would need to happen soon..... any comments...?

Oh BTW Refining went UP in price after we researched Scientific Method. No we can not get it from greece for less than 55 LPT+three Lux.
Old December 31, 2002, 11:51   #9
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

the AI tends to make sure that there is at least one special resource near each starting point , we must hold on until we have identified each of those on our continent (!)

have a nice day