Old December 28, 2002, 10:47   #1
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 09:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
2ND Playtest for D' Historibus Europae ver 0.2.1
This is a SECOND playtest of the next version of Historibus! Version 0.2.1

So far Yaroslav, and Alibaster have expressed interest. So those two get first pick of civilizations. I will be the English.

The playable Civ's are listed below. I will download the scenario tomorrow I will begin emailing it to the participants as they join the PBEM. This is not a public release!

Here is the synopsis of what this scenario is about, the changes from the first scenario include movement of some of the cities and the destacking of all forest hexes. There are probally others and I will update this post tomorow with the changes.

Please post your interest to play here and we will try to get a game going soon, hopefully this weekend.

Period: 1520-1721

The Middle ages are over, after 100 years of Renaissance conflict
is brewing in europe.

In the south the muslim Ottoman Empire is rapidly expanding its
sphere of influence and it seems to be but a matter of time
before the gates of Vienna are reached.

To the north, The Holy Roman Empire of German nation is begining to be torn appart by inner strife, a priest named Martin Luther has posted 95 theses protesting against the Pope, starting what quickly becomes known as the Protestant movement.
While the converts to this religion are numerous, many German Princes are quick to adapt this new religion not out of religious conviction but becouse it places them in command of the church of their country...

It seems only a matter of time before a the monarch of a major nation
will try to use this as a weapon in thier struggle to increase thier
power of thier own people.

In the far north in desperate attempts to reform the Calmar Union united around a danish monarch, Kristian II forever to be remembered as "the tyrant" by the Swedish people, orders the execution of every leading
Swedish noble man after conquering the capital of Stockholm.

However unrest is growing and a young nobleman named Gustav Erikson Vasa leads a peasent revolt against the Danes, soon reconquering Stockholm and throwing out the Danish armies.

In both Spain and the Austria the mighty Habsburg family in an effort to unify their holdings, has appointed the same man to lead the countries.
In Spain the crowning of a foreigner has resulted in nothing but resentment, soon enough several major cities are revolting against thier new king.
However these revolts are both losely lead and ill coordinated, they are doomed to fall within short...

In northern Spain a French invassion army has been sighted, and another French army is headed for the Italian city state of Milan...

Playlist: (Edited 27 Jan 03)

Denmark: Kobra

Ottoman Empire: Yop73

Austria: CIVFAN

France: Tracid00

Spain: FiGu

England: conmcb 25

Sweden: Yaroslav

PBEM map (this was made by Grotghar for the old 30 years war pbem and then edited for new borders by me btw) : See the Original Historibus Thread for a map of this scenario.

Last edited by conmcb25; January 27, 2003 at 09:56.
Old December 28, 2002, 11:50   #2
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 15:22
ill take Spain this time.

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old December 28, 2002, 12:34   #3
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by FiGu
ill take Spain this time.
My guess is Yaroslav is going to want spain. (His homeland) but you get next choice. And if he doesn't want it then it is yours!

Eiother way good to have you on board
Old December 28, 2002, 12:54   #4
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Well if he want Spain then i take France

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old December 28, 2002, 13:11   #5
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Graet so you have your first and second choice, hopefully Yaro will check in later today.
Old December 28, 2002, 15:19   #6
Galvatron
Civilization II PBEMPtWDG Glory of War
Prince

Local Time: 07:22
Hey I'm also in for a second round of this great scen. Oh I'm becoming a "Historibus Europae"-megalomaniac

This time I would like to try my luck with Austria

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.
Old December 29, 2002, 06:17   #7
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 14:22
Check out the other thread for another zip which corrects some minor errors (mainly typos as well as a preventing few units from being disbanded on the first turn).

The main download link has also been updated so if you haven't downloaded it before the main zip will work fine.

Last edited by Henrik; December 29, 2002 at 09:03.
Old December 29, 2002, 07:04   #8
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I'll pick France, so FiGu can be Spain. He asks for this civ first

Note: Edited because I didn't see that Galvatron had picked Austria

Last edited by yaroslav; December 29, 2002 at 10:12.
Old December 29, 2002, 09:54   #9
Eivind IV
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Could I be Denmark?

Just so you know, the country was not named Denmark, but Denmark-Norway. Not many people know this but that's the original name. It was a union between Denmark and Norway wich started in 1380 an ended in 1814.

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!
Old December 29, 2002, 10:35   #10
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Explanation of why the Danish civ is just called "Danes":
While the nation was originally called Denmark-Norway the union was a personal union (Sweden was also part of this union as it is what later became the Calmar Union), ie the same man sat on both the thrones.
In the very document where this treaty was concluded it says that "Norway is as much part of Denmark as Jutland is." (Which you can for instance read about on this site bellonging to the Danish foreign ministry.).
While the thing was originally something that could be refered to as an alliance or union it was by 1520 nothing more than one of many titles held by the Danish king, who had total controll of both nations.
For comparison the swedish king had the titles "King of Sweethens (Swedes), Goths, Lapps and Vandals, Grand Duke of Finland, etc"
Old December 29, 2002, 10:47   #11
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Kobra
Could I be Denmark?
Kobra you are in, I sent you a PM with the link, welcome aboard!
Old December 29, 2002, 10:49   #12
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

UPDATED the PLAYLIST
I have updated the playlist in the first post, we are still looking for Sweden and the Ottoman Empire, I have advertised at CIVFAN.

And I have not heard for Alibaster (Diatribe) yet. Im hoping he wants in!
Old December 29, 2002, 11:01   #13
Eivind IV
King

Denmark-(Norway ) seems to be first on the list, when should I start?

Old December 29, 2002, 11:08   #14
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

EVERYONE needs to update there files with this update from Hnerik, The link is in the next post:

PLEASE MAKE SURE EVERYONE DOES THIS BEFORE YOU PLAY! THANKS!
Old December 29, 2002, 11:12   #15
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

UPDATE TO SCENARIO!
Here is the UPDATE:

EVERYONE NEEDS TO MAKE SURE THEY LOAD THIS BEFORE THEY PLAY! THANKS!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip updatedfiles.zip (99.6 KB, 6 views)
Old December 29, 2002, 11:13   #16
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Kobra
Denmark-(Norway ) seems to be first on the list, when should I start?
Kobra you are correct they go first. So after you load the update go ahead and start, hopefully we will find an Ottoman player soon!
Old December 29, 2002, 11:33   #17
Eivind IV
King

Peace envoys sent to Stockholm
Kristian II have seen himself tired of the bloodshed in Scandinavia. He urges his Swedish counterpart to accept these peace terms. No more hostilities between Denmark and Sweden! Let us instead build up our countries from within, trade with each other and build a powerful economic empire.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip danes_1520.zip (56.5 KB, 4 views)

Old December 29, 2002, 15:14   #18
yop73
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

I'll play the Ottomans here.
Old December 29, 2002, 15:25   #19
Eivind IV
King

Ooops, I played without the update...Let me replay it...

Old December 29, 2002, 15:27   #20
yop73
Prince

Ottomans begin the siege of Belgrade. 4 regiments are already lost in the initial attack, so the supreme command descided to wait for siege-equipment to begin the real siege.

---------------------

Envoy to Spain: What do you think about peace?

--------------------

Envoy to Austria: What do you think about peace? And if you want peace, we need to draw a border.
Attached Files:
File Type: net ottoman_1520.net (439.5 KB, 1 views)
Old December 29, 2002, 15:33   #21
Eivind IV
King

Here we go
Attached Files:
File Type: zip danes_1520_.zip (56.6 KB, 3 views)

Old December 29, 2002, 15:35   #22
Eivind IV
King

You'll have to replay as well, Yop. Sorry...

Old December 29, 2002, 15:40   #23
Henrik
Emperor

Thought you might want this
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	europe.gif
Views:	57
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	32717  
Old December 29, 2002, 16:40   #24
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by yop73
I'll play the Ottomans here.
Great to have you on board Yop!
Old December 29, 2002, 16:45   #25
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Henrik are you sure you dont want to play the new version? Sweden is the only country left?

Alibaster bowed out, he is still too busy with the Boney Tourney at CIVFAN.
Old December 29, 2002, 17:44   #26
Civfan
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 13:22
sweden still open? If so i'll take it.
Old December 29, 2002, 17:59   #27
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Civfan
sweden still open? If so i'll take it.
It is yours look for a PM from me with the link.
Old December 29, 2002, 18:09   #28
Eivind IV
King

Mr. Swede,
Please answer my call for peace...

Old December 31, 2002, 09:06   #29
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Did the Swedes and Danes Talk?

And Yop sorry but you need to replay your turn.

Thanks and remember it is a PLAYTEST
Old December 31, 2002, 09:32   #30
yop73
Prince

Sorry, same report as last turn. Again: Spain and Austria: Do you want peace?
Attached Files:
File Type: net ottoman_1520.net (439.5 KB, 2 views)