Old January 14, 2003, 01:43   #61
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 05:23
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Here is my new Nation
The United States of Jackson
"Never give in, never give up."

UN Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
Civil Rights: Below Average Economy: Reasonable Political Freedoms: Excellent

The United States of Jackson is a tiny, pleasant nation, notable for its burgeoning Jack Rabbit population. Its intelligent population of 6 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The medium-sized government concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Education and Social Welfare are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 17%, but much higher for the wealthy. A small private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.

The Jack Rabbit is a protected species. Crime is moderate. Jackson's national animal is the Jack Rabbit and its currency is the Dollar.
Old January 14, 2003, 06:28   #62
Boney
Call to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 14:23
can I play
Here is my nation

The People’s Republic of Mongaloid

"We may look stupid but we are more stupid than that"

UN Category: Civil Right lovenest

Civil rights: superb

Economy: good

Political freedoms: widely abused

The People's Republic of Mongaloid is a small, devout nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 14 million hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass -- juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Religion & Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 40%, but much higher for the wealthy. A small private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Trout Farming and Soda Sales.
Organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, the death penalty has been reintroduced, corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians, and the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mongaloid's national animal is the duck billed platypus and its currency is the mong.
Old January 14, 2003, 07:26   #63
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 21:23
Tremor in fear!
Here is the link

Quote:
The Dominion of Noosland is a very large, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its compassionate population of 56 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- is mainly concerned with Education, although Social Welfare and Healthcare are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 38%, but much higher for the wealthy. A tiny private sector is dominated by the Cheese Exports industry.

Meat-eating is frowned upon and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low. Noosland's national animal is the dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the star.
Somehow I got 56 million people.

EDIT: fixed link

Last edited by Urban Ranger; January 17, 2003 at 23:47.
Old January 14, 2003, 19:27   #64
David Floyd
Emperor

Local Time: 13:23
I'm the Republic of Floydtopia.
Old January 14, 2003, 20:14   #65
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 09:23
The Dominion of Guynemia
"F*** 'em if they can't take a joke."

UN Category: Left-wing Utopia
Civil Rights: Superb Economy: Fragile Political Freedoms: Superb

The Dominion of Guynemia is a tiny, safe nation, notable for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5 million are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.

The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government concentrates mainly on Social Welfare, although Education and Healthcare are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 36%, but much higher for the wealthy. A tiny private sector is dominated by the Woodchip Exports industry.

Crime is well under control. Guynemia's national animal is the penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the guybuck.
Old January 14, 2003, 22:42   #66
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 08:23
what the hell did i get myself into when i volunteered to make this list? we 101 nations at last count
Old January 14, 2003, 22:53   #67
Chilean President™
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Deity

Local Time: 09:23
and counting... as a member of the region of Hispanica I may tell you that the count will grow realy fast now
Old January 15, 2003, 01:10   #68
swc200
Settler

The Dominion of Nobodz
Offical Motto: "Shrug"

UN Category: Father Knows Best State
Civil Rights: Below Average Economy: Strong Political Freedoms: Few

The Dominion of Nobodz is a tiny, pleasant nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5 million are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

The medium-sized government is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Defence and Religion & Spirituality are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 13%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Furniture Restoration, Arms Manufacturing, and Gambling industries.

Crime is a problem. Nobodz's national animal is the dragon and its currency is the dollar.
Old January 15, 2003, 06:11   #69
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

the republic of Sheathed Sword
sheathed word
"To know your self is to feel no pain"

Civil Rights: Excellent Economy: Reasonable Political Freedoms: Excellent

The Republic of Sheathed word is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its absence of drug laws. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 6 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Social Equality. The average income tax rate is 32%, but much higher for the wealthy. A very small private sector is dominated by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry.

Same-sex marriages are increasingly common and education and welfare spending are on the rise. Crime is relatively low. Sheathed word's national animal is the black panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the mark.

sheathed word
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old January 15, 2003, 10:15   #70
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

The Federation of Donegeal
"I'm doing my Part!"

UN Category: Corporate Police State
Civil Rights: Rare
Economy: Very Strong
Political Freedoms: Few

The Federation of Donegeal is a tiny, economically powerful nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6 million are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.

The small, moralistic government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6%. A robust private sector is led by the Soda Sales, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing industries.

Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed and thieves are flogged in public for their crimes. Crime is a problem. Donegeal's national animal is the Falcon and its currency is the Lyton.

Last edited by Donegeal; January 17, 2003 at 10:44.
Old January 15, 2003, 12:37   #71
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 15:23
The Holy Empire of Christian Wombats

Motto: "Let the wombat live!"

Civil Rights: Some
Economy: Good
Political Freedoms: Very Good

Quote:
The Holy Empire of Christian Wombats is a small, devout nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 12 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 36%, but much higher for the wealthy. A small private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.

Voting is voluntary, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force. Christian Wombats's national animal is the wombat and its currency is the wombaty.
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old January 15, 2003, 13:58   #72
mactbone
Prince

The Federation of Alvis
"Alvis will have his revenge!"

Civil Rights: Below Average Economy: Strong Political Freedoms: Excellent

Quote:
The Federation of Alvis is a tiny, pleasant nation, remarkable for its burgeoning penguin population. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The small government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 8%. A small private sector is dominated by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry.

Voting is voluntary. Crime is a serious problem. Alvis's national animal is the penguin and its currency is the smizmar.
I think I'm going to shift my nation into a zealously religious nation that encourages alcoholism and shooting.
-Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"
Old January 15, 2003, 17:12   #73
LDiCesare
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

I now have the Dictatorship of Azur.
Oh, well, we just clone people for now, but soon, there will be cameras everywhere to find out those nasty capitalists who sell books under the hood in my country.
Old January 16, 2003, 06:25   #74
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

The Commonwealth of Lavor

UN Category: Capitalist Paradise
Civil Rights: Average
Political Freedoms: Below Average

National Motto: "Morals never prevent us from doing what is right!"

The Commonwealth of Lavor is a small, pleasant nation, renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 12 million are either ruled by a small, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

There is no government in the normal sense the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business individuals devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and Healthcare receiving almost no funds by comparison. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture, Basket Weaving, and Uranium Mining industries.

The streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, military spending is on the increase, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime is a major problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Lavor's national animal is the furry thing, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the credit.

Last edited by Arnelos; January 21, 2003 at 22:51.
Old January 16, 2003, 14:08   #75
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Federation of Eation

Civil Rights: Average
Political Freedoms: Superb

National Motto: "The whole is greater than its parts."

UN Status: Member

The Federation of Eation is a very large, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 68 million enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.

The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defence, Social Welfare, and Religion & Spirituality. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing, Retail, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales industries.

Military spending recently hit a new high, corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians, movies and computer games are strictly censored for violence, and divorce is illegal. Crime is moderate. Eation's national animal is the Gallia Sparrow, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Eation credit.

Last edited by Nimitz; January 24, 2003 at 12:53.
Old January 16, 2003, 20:38   #76
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

National Flag 
The Kingdom of Falangusta

"Obediance, Work and Courage"

UN Category: Moralistic Democracy
Civil Rights: FewEconomy: Strong Political Freedoms: Some

21 January 2003: The new powers of the police show great success by significantly reducing crime - 20 January 2003: the King expelled all research on cloning, in accordance with the will of his people. - 19 January 2003: Falangusta's football team has applied to the AFA - 18 January 2003: As per the King's orders, Swordfish population shall be regulated by hunt.

Geography
Falangusta is a tiny Peninsula country, under a tropical climate. The country is filled with Lush Jungles and hills, except the surroundings of the capital, where some land-based agriculture can be found. Falangusta's agriculture and history are very much tied with the sea surrounding it, and the national animal is the swordfish, out of respect for the "warriors of the sea".
Its rapidly growing population mostly amasses in the city, especially in the capital Yongassa (approx 2 millions inhab.)

History
The Kingdom of Falagusta is an old civilization, whose traditions date back from about 2 millenia. It has been remarkably isolated from the rest of Apolyton until the age of exploration, when explorers from the east first went through the jungle.
While the Kingdom has always been formally independant, it was under the protectorate of the Territories of the Mad Capitan, and was so kept away from modernity.
The recent internal changes in Mad Capitan, and the rise to power of King Eyching 30 years ago turned the tides, and Falangusta became wholly independant after a short period of military tension with Mad Capitan.
King Eyching recently abdicated in favor of his heir Spiffor, who kept the pace of prudent modernization of the country, in this period of changes, and of demographic acceleration.

Society
The inhabitants of Falangusta are called Falangus (Falangusta literally means "the Falang home" in the native language), and they speak the Falang, which is a unique language whose roots are unknown. Mad Capitan has exerted some cultural influence during the colonization period, but this influence is rapidly fading away.
The Falang society is very oriented towards discipline and valour as in the art of warfare. Traditions are considered sacred, and modernity is looked at suspiciously.
Most Falangus work hard for lower-than-average wages, and the individual wages are rather low. However, the country is catching back on its neighbours at quite some pace.
Capitalism is looked as a way to enrich the society as a whole, but not as a societal goal. The Crown might take some anti-business measures in order not to hurt traditions, and not to hurt the beliefs of the population.

Tourist information
The Kingdom of Falangusta is a small, pleasant nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 10 million are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.

The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Defence, and Social Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12%. A substantial private sector is led by the Basket Weaving industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Woodchip Exports.

A nation-wide cull of swordfishs is in effect, genetic researchers have been expelled, and all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Falangusta's national animal is the swordfish and its currency is the pollan.

Last edited by Spiffor; January 21, 2003 at 05:53.
Old January 17, 2003, 03:50   #77
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

another update
Old January 17, 2003, 04:02   #78
Straybow
Civilization II Succession GamesSpanish CiversPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 06:23

National Flag 
The Commonwealth of Quasiqueue

"Land of Moderate Queue Lengths"

Civil Rights: Some Economy: Powerhouse Political Freedoms: Excellent

The Commonwealth of Quasiqueue is a tiny, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million are either ruled by a small, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Law & Order, and Religion & Spirituality. Income tax is unheard of. A healthy private sector is led by the Pizza Delivery industry, followed by Soda Sales and Arms Manufacturing.

Crime is a major problem. Quasiqueue's national animal is the quattlebaums quickfox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the quadloo.
Old January 17, 2003, 12:32   #79
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

The Dominion of Greater DinoDoc
"Ordem e progreso"

Civil Rights: Some Economy: Strong Political Freedoms: Excellent

The Dominion of Greater DinoDoc is a tiny, pleasant nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Social Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11%. A small private sector is dominated by the Pizza Delivery industry.

Crime is a problem. Greater DinoDoc's national animal is the raptor and its currency is the bronto.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old January 17, 2003, 15:47   #80
VJ
King

RNFAR

Updated 2/1/2003
Official name: The Federation of Realistic, Nihilist and Faustian Alliance Region
Capital: Fracr (Population 7 022 000)
Largest city by pop: Hegvozch (Population 19 304 000)
Total population of the nation: 75 484 000
Official language(s) : Esperanto

Head of state (president): Jean-Bedel Hoxha (FZG)
Foreign Minister: Adolf Stroessner (NT)
Minister of education: Idi Steelman (FZG)
Minister of finance: Mobutu Mugabe (LI)
Minister liable of promoting equality: Augusto Zedong (FZG)
Parliament members: 2 000
Support of political parties, according to latest polls:
Stormtroopers of the Environment (FZG) : 32 %
New Trotskyan (NT) : 17 %
Social Democrats (SD) : 16 %
Old Socialist Party (SO) : 14 %
Progressive Liberals (LI) : 12 %
Coalition of the law and traditions (CP) : 11 %

Currency: New Rial, NR¤, one NR divides to 1 000 new frecrs, 1 US$ = 0,027 NR¤
Export products: Electronics, Robotics, High-Tech foods
Import products: Agricultural products, Raw materials, uranium
GDP per capita: 21 608 US$

Last edited by VJ; January 31, 2003 at 15:23.
Old January 18, 2003, 12:11   #81
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

I wonder what this post said?

Last edited by Mercator; April 18, 2004 at 10:17.
Old January 19, 2003, 12:14   #82
lightblue
Warlord

The Free Republic of Lightblue has decided to ally themselves with the Apolyton Region.

A small, but rapidly growing, tropical country, Lightblue is known for its personal and political freedoms as well its very strong industrial base. It exports uranium to the countries that have more use for it, and its IT products are renowned across the region for their quality and punctuality of delivery.

Generally pacifist and to a certain degree isolationist, Lightblue will defend the rights of its people and will not maintain contacts with countries which do not respect their people's rights.
It’s a great art, is rowing. It’s the finest art there is. It’s a symphony of motion. And when you reach perfection, you are touching the divine. It touches the you of yous – which is your soul. George Pocock
What fun is that? Why all that hard, exhausting work? Where does it get you? What is the good of it? It is one of the strange ironies of life that those who work the hardest, who subject themselves to the strictest discipline, who give up certain pleasurable things in order to achieve a goal, are the happiest. Brutus Hamilton
Old January 21, 2003, 20:41   #83
Markus The Mighty
NationStates
Chieftain

His Disputed Excellency, President Markus The Mighty of the Disputed Territories of Markustan has decided to join the ever-growing alliance of Apolyton.

The Disputed Territories of Markustan

* - * Tourist information * - *

UN Category: Left-Leaning College State

Civil Rights: Superb
Economy: Good
Political Freedoms: Some

The Disputed Territories of Markustan is a very large, safe nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate population of 50 million enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Defence and Law & Order receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 34%, but much higher for the wealthy. A very small private sector is dominated by the Gambling industry.

Markustan's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, and organ donation rates have hit a new low. Crime is relatively low. Markustan's national animal is the anteater, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the shilling.
Old January 21, 2003, 21:27   #84
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 00:23
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The Empire of Drunken Macaque
"Lets all get drunk and chase Macaques!"

UN Category: Civil Rights Lovefest

Civil Rights Excessive
Economy: Strong
Political Freedoms: World Benchmark

The Empire of Drunken Macaque is a tiny, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.

The medium-sized, corrupt, liberal government is mainly concerned with Religion & Spirituality, although Healthcare and Social Welfare are secondary priorities. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11%. A large private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Retail.

Crime is a serious problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Drunken Macaque's national animal is the macaque and its currency is the bourbon.

EDIT: Added link

Last edited by Skanky Burns; January 22, 2003 at 20:20.
Old January 22, 2003, 22:59   #85
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 07:23
National Flag The Free Republic of Terminal Dogma

"Buwahahahahahahahaha."
UN Category: New York Times Democracy
Civil Rights: Very Good Economy: Developing Political Freedoms: Superb

The Free Republic of Terminal Dogma is a very large, socially progressive nation, notable for its absence of drug laws. Its intelligent population of 102 million enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.

The large government devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Defence and Commerce receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 29%, but much higher for the wealthy. A small but healthy private sector is dominated by the Gambling industry.

Military funding has been stripped back, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, guns are banned, and scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes. Crime is relatively low. Terminal Dogma's national animal is the japanese schoolgirl, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the jawbreaker.
Old January 24, 2003, 00:49   #86
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 06:23
I am currently unable to log on to nationstates, so i cannot provide the exact statistics, but from a combination of what I remember and what I'm guessing woudl happen if my policies had been continued, here is my nation (roughly) :

The Republic of Ikixe

Motto: In the land of the blind, the one-eyed men are kings.

UN category: Something along the lines of civil-rights lovefest, in general a free market and economically little regulated but politically and socially left leaning state, merit oriented, with emphasis on education and a fair and efficient justice system. Government jobs are provided, but there is very little direct welfare.

Civil Rights: Excellentish
Economy: Reasonable/Good
Political Rights: Excellentish

Population: 100 million +

Last edited by foolish_icarus; January 24, 2003 at 17:09.
Old January 24, 2003, 15:08   #87
Thiorn
NationStates
Chieftain

National Flag 
The Federation of Technocratic Republics

"What we do not use up, we use again"

UN Category: Father Knows Best State
Civil Rights: Average Economy: Powerhouse Political Freedoms: Few

Sisgardia

The Federation of Technocratic Republics is a large, economically powerful nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 23 million are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Social Welfare, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Book Publishing.

The government is avowedly atheist, married couples must call each other "darling" or risk a fine, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, and the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts. Crime is totally unknown. Technocratic Republics's national animal is the Phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Zecma.

Cities:

-Adranor (Regional and National Capital) Pop: 42 millions
-Pon-Siphar (Regional Capital) Pop: 12 million
-Pheldiff: Pop: 5 millions
-Grath:Pop: 4.6 millions
-Dulag (Regional Capital) Pop: 6.6 millions
-Luthanost: Pop: 4 millions
-Kaffa: Pop: 5.8 millions
-Thalacyon: (Regional Capital) Pop: 10 millions
-Tealor:Pop: 2.2 millions
-Gorvaria: Pop: 1.5 millions
-Ferth: Pop: 750,000
-Harvad: (Regional Capital) Pop: 3.2 millions
-Effes:Pop: 1.6 millions
-Fort Kravathis:Pop: 290,000
-Hustia:(Regional Capital) Pop: 6.2 millions
-Seddia:Pop: 3 million
-Odemia: 5 millions
-Niddiav: 1.7 millions
-Bravba: (Regional Capital)Pop: 1.9 millions
-Frattia:Pop:450,000
-Caleccia:400,000
-Uravak: (Regional Capital) Pop: 3.1 millions
-Nizakah:Pop:45,000
-Sirdagath:Pop:340,000

Total Population: 122 millions

Last edited by Thiorn; February 23, 2003 at 11:45.
Old January 24, 2003, 18:21   #88
Odin
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesApolyton UniversityRise of Nations MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

The People's Republic of Raganarok

"Enviromentalism equals greatness"

UN Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradis

UN Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Civil Rights: World Benchmark
Economy: Weak
Political Freedoms: Good

The People's Republic of Raganarok is a small, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate population of 16 million enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level social equality free of the usual accompanying government corruption.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 96%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising fourteen-year-old boys selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.

Surveillance cameras are banned, the tenet of free speech is held dear, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, and tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests. Crime is totally unknown. Raganarok's national animal is the Lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Raga.

Government

Head of state and government: Prime Minister Taylor Selseth

Legislature: Parliment of 300 senators

Top court: The Constitutional Court- 11 judge panel elected until manditory retirement age of 68.

Political divisions: 18 counties, 1 federal district.

Geography

Raganarok is comprised of 2 islands the size of Long Island and several smaller islands. The interior is mostly rugged mountains covered with dense conifer forests. The coast is covered in fjords, making fishing and shiping very important. 80% of people live within 3 miles of the coast. There are several volcanoes, one of which is active.

History

The Island was first settled in the 400's BCE by people from what is now Suomi and Greater Finland. In the 600's CE invaders from Akiria conquered the archipelago and introduced fuedalism to it. In 1523 CE, Raganarian nationalists freed Raganarok from Akirian control and crowned Resistance leader Eliac Ernalisson as King Odin I. During the industrial revolution the monarchy started to loose control as enlightenment ideas overthrew traditional beliefs. In 1798 King Eric IV was removed by the Republican Front and a republic was set up; the last reminants of fudalism were swept away. In the late 1800's socialist ideas flooded into the nation and worker discontent grew. In 1903 a worker revolt forced the old republic to disband and the new parliment was dominated by socialists.

The attempt to produce Heaven on Earth often produces Hell. -Karl Popper

Last edited by Odin; January 29, 2003 at 19:21.
Old January 25, 2003, 11:36   #89
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/...lamnic_knights

DAMN! how do you get those flags and stats showing? (like those original webpages) tell me and I'll edit this post.

The Dominion of Solamnic Knights
"Virtue Wins Destiny"

UN Category: Psychotic Dictatorship
Civil Rights: Rare
Economy: Basket Case
Political Freedoms: Few

Last edited by Andemagne; January 26, 2003 at 08:01.
Old January 25, 2003, 12:08   #90
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

The Kingdom of Ghengland

"Live free and spend money."

Civil Rights: Very Good Economy: Frightening Political Freedoms: Average

The Kingdom of Ghengland is a very large, devout nation, remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 69 million are either ruled by a small, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

The small, pro-business government is mainly concerned with Commerce, although Law & Order and Defence are on the agenda. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Gambling.

Punitive tariffs protect local industry, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, the government is slowly introducing social welfare programs, and movies and computer games are strictly censored for violence. Crime is a serious problem. Ghengland's national animal is the Lion Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Eaglot.

By tradition and treaty the Kingdom of Ghengland's Armed Forces also defend the District of Apolyton (Dependant Principality) which was granted free rule by the Ghenglish Crown in 1912.