Old December 29, 2002, 01:09   #1
pikesfan
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 07:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Dual Membership question
How can Echtelion be a member of both Lux Invicta and Glory of War?
Old December 29, 2002, 02:19   #2
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Local Time: 09:25
I think the short answer is "no."
Old December 29, 2002, 03:11   #3
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Well, he is. Check both civgroups. He's never posted anything, but still.
Old December 29, 2002, 03:15   #4
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 14:25
Re: Dual Membership question
Quote:
Originally posted by pikesfan
How can Echtelion be a member of both Lux Invicta and Glory of War?
The fact that you can see him as a dual-member does not mean he actually is an APPROVED member of both teams. One becomes listed as a civgroup member as soon as he clicks the "join" link... but he has to be authorized by the team leader to be able to visit the private team forum. I seriously doubt Echtelion is authorized by two different teams.
Old December 29, 2002, 03:41   #5
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 08:25
for example i can be civ group member of all the team (and i was at one point until trip approved me, i just left all other). I guess i can still do that if i like other team's logo but there's only one cool ptw demo icon = the nerv insignia...
Old December 29, 2002, 04:35   #6
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 06:25
but it does seem funny .
Old December 29, 2002, 07:53   #7
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Calc II
for example i can be civ group member of all the team (and i was at one point until trip approved me, i just left all other). I guess i can still do that if i like other team's logo but there's only one cool ptw demo icon = the nerv insignia...
I thought your logo was the Carl's Junior Star? Its actually a symbol for nerve gas?
Old December 29, 2002, 09:51   #8
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 13:25
Not only have I not approved this guy, but I took it a step further and banned him.
Old December 29, 2002, 11:23   #9
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

For a moment I thought that Ecthelion started to play Civ3.
Old December 29, 2002, 11:28   #10
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:25
We also have some mazzz guy as a "member", though he's not approved.
Old December 29, 2002, 13:11   #11
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 13:25
I'm not sure who used it first but I think referring to these individuals as "groupies" is an appropriate term. I think people who "join" our team civgroups but have no desire/make no attempt to become an actual part of the teams is something we will have to learn to live with.
Old December 29, 2002, 13:51   #12
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:25
Perhaps some thinning of the lines is required. IMHO group leaders or officials appointed by them should alert inactive members that they will be removed from the group if they will continue to be inactive, and take the appropriate actions if those "groupies" remain inactive.
However, I fear that we may discover that most teams aren't significantly bigger than Vox Controli after they remove the inactive members. At least Vox has a certain distinguishable quality to their members - less members means more dedicated members. Or at least, so it appears from the outside.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 29, 2002, 13:56   #13
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
Perhaps some thinning of the lines is required. IMHO group leaders or officials appointed by them should alert inactive members that they will be removed from the group if they will continue to be inactive, and take the appropriate actions if those "groupies" remain inactive.
However, I fear that we may discover that most teams aren't significantly bigger than Vox Controli after they remove the inactive members. At least Vox has a certain distinguishable quality to their members - less members means more dedicated members. Or at least, so it appears from the outside.
The Role Play Team, despite being rather large, has only 1 inactive member (and there's been some talk about what to do about him).

The reason is that we give our many members (you might call them "groupies") something to do while everyone waits around for the save file

Old December 29, 2002, 14:26   #14
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

yes our members are very active. Although one keeps getting banned.
Old December 29, 2002, 14:40   #15
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
yes our members are very active. Although one keeps getting banned.
Now, now... be nice....but it is rather funny. Hopefully we will have our "rebel" back with us in a few days.
Old December 29, 2002, 17:12   #16
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

I thought your logo was the Carl's Junior Star? Its actually a symbol for nerve gas?
nerv.. its an evangelion thing. speaking of which, i hope you did a leaderhead of asuka since if you don;t you probably will hear me, trip and apoc nagging for rest of your life.
Old December 29, 2002, 18:43   #17
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

bleh..

Please don't join 2 team civgroups.

It confuses me.

Like I said a few years back,

Q: "Why shouldn't you run across the street instead of looking both ways & carefully walking?"

my response: "It confuses the drivers."

Old December 29, 2002, 18:54   #18
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
The reason is that we give our many members (you might call them "groupies") something to do while everyone waits around for the save file
Would you share with us, how you do this? We have 3 "members", who joined the civgroup, but have 0 posts at Apolyton and don't respond to PMs. How would you give such folks "something to do"?
Old December 29, 2002, 19:15   #19
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

I thought it was paint blob, or one of those weird pictures psychiatrists use ....

("Tell me, how long have you had these feelings of impending doom?")
Old December 29, 2002, 20:58   #20
pikesfan
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Another dual citizen
JTFreak is a member of Gathering Storm and Legoland. He is also a 0 poster.
Old December 30, 2002, 01:11   #21
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Re: Another dual citizen
Quote:
Yep, and he's banned from private forums as well.
Old December 30, 2002, 03:25   #22
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Re: Another dual citizen
Quote:
Yep, JTFreak was never authorized into Legoland private forum... the strange thing is that I do see him online from time to time... so if it is a D/L, it is an actively used one...
Old December 30, 2002, 15:59   #23
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

We have 3 'ghost members' who I've tried contacting, but they don't reply.

Quote:
Originally posted by Calc II
nerv.. its an evangelion thing. speaking of which, i hope you did a leaderhead of asuka since if you don;t you probably will hear me, trip and apoc nagging for rest of your life.
Oh, and we will too.