Old February 4, 2003, 11:01   #211
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 15:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahweh Sabaoth

Well look. Plenty of powerless civs declare war on more powerful ones. Look at the crusades once again. I'd hardly say that the crusaders were more powerful than the Caliphates they attacked, and look again, for the most parts the crusades failed. Still, they were prosecuted, because of religious reasons. Similarly, when a civ attacks you just because you're "there", I always imagine them doing so for xenophobia reasons, a VERY strong human impulse and a driving factory in pre-nuclear history.

It would be cool if the game said, "Sire, the [CIV] have launched a crusade against us!" or "The petulant [CIV] do not understand our way of life and vow to punish us!"
hi ,

how does one define "powerless" , ....

in one game the indians had several nuclear subs with tacticals on them , ... they only had 6 cities and a small army , they declared war after being bullied by russia who had like 60 cities , the indians nuke , the result ; peace , ...... the russians had like 200 plus modern armor and backed away , .....

well of course the russian would have had to cross the human player , its borders guarded by no less then 250 plus mech infantry , .......

have a nice day