MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 15:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
LOTR filled with white supremacist innuendo
someone posted this on Top40-Charts.com
Quote:
Lord of the Rings is filled with white supremacist innuendo. It is a thoroughly racist film. The film insinuates that the white race is coming under attack by evil dark forces and is on the edge of extinction. The evil Lord Suraman has a hooked nose like a Jewish person and his armies has African like features, such as stringy hair and broad noses. It’s the old Jew using the negro to destroy the white man story. Even the “white” kingdom of Rohan is a play on words for Aryan. Rohan = Arhon (h being the letter i in Greek). While speaking to the King of Rohan, Aragon turns to the audience and says, “open warfare is upon you whether you like it or not, now is the time to fight for your people!” If that’s not a subliminal message then I don’t know what is. The king of Rohan even has a gentile lackey who sold out to the Jew Suraman and is aiding in the destruction of the race of men (the white race). The King of Rohan asks the question, “who is going to come to our aid?”, … “no one! We stand alone.” In my opinion, the entire movie is a recruiting film for the white power movement. Think about it before you go spending your money to watch this trash!
well?
Old December 30, 2002, 16:03   #2
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 09:29

Gotta hand it to some people. They have vivid imaginations .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old December 30, 2002, 16:06   #3
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

Local Time: 13:29
Well, it is filmed in NZ, what does that say?
Old December 30, 2002, 16:06   #4
DRoseDARs
lifer
Spore
Emperor

Local Time: 06:29
Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Gotta hand it to some people. They have vivid imaginations .
Agreed, he put some time and thought into writing that!

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.
Old December 30, 2002, 16:07   #5
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

the best part is about Aragon turning to the audience and sending out subliminal messages
Old December 30, 2002, 16:07   #6
Kropotkin
Emperor

Tolkien was after all a very conservative person and also an expert on languages so he might have come up with the version of the world aryan. On the other hand it's near impossible to think up a word that can't be connected to some other real word if anyone tries hard enough. That the person thinks that the Orcs look like africans might imply that the author himself is a closet racist. Nothing in particular about those makes me think about black people at all.

He who seeks shall find it!
Old December 30, 2002, 16:08   #7
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Well, I'm convinced.
Old December 30, 2002, 16:09   #8
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkG
the best part is about Aragon turning to the audience and sending out subliminal messages
How clever of Peter Jackson to subtly influence our subconscious by having the main character turn to face the audience and speak to them!
Old December 30, 2002, 16:25   #9
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

IMHO, LotR is racist. However, its races are quite different to those of the real world (just like its physics, geology, etc.) and cannot be interpreted allegorically or didactically. You cannot say that the Orcs are Blacks or Caucasians or something silly like that because that's absurd.

Personally, though, I would have made the Uruk-Hai blond.
Old December 30, 2002, 16:41   #10
Jac de Molay
Prince

Now dont forget that "special" kind of relationship between Sam and Frodo....
"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.
Old December 30, 2002, 16:48   #11
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 01:29
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancer
Well, it is filmed in NZ, what does that say?
You've intrigued me - what DOES that say?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old December 30, 2002, 16:52   #12
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Actually, Black people are allied with Sauron in the books. The men of Far Harad are swarthy and dark. But, with the exception of the Men of Rohan, Gondor, the Rangers of the North, the Woodsmens of Mirkwood and the Men of Dale, all the men of the world are allied with Sauron, so that really doesn't say anything special about race.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old December 30, 2002, 16:53   #13
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 16:29

wow. I think this guy has got a point. do you have a forum there too, Mark, so I can read more of his enlightening posts?
Old December 30, 2002, 16:56   #14
Robert Plomp
admin
DiploGamesBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamC4WDG Team Apolyton
Administrator

This post has been spread all over the internet on several messageboards. On most boards the administrators remove it.......... on ours they place it
Old December 30, 2002, 16:58   #15
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by CyberShy
This post has been spread all over the internet on several messageboards. On most boards the administrators remove it.......... on ours they place it
yay 'poly!

Apolyton: We don't censor idiots, we laugh at them.
Old December 30, 2002, 17:00   #16
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

This one should be filed next to the outcry against the name of the film ("The Two Towers" was insensitive, of course, due to 9/11. Nevermind that it was written decades prior). People are idiots.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old December 30, 2002, 17:01   #17
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Local Time: 08:29
When I was in college in the 70's. I took an English Lit. class where the entire semester was discussions of the Hobbit and LOTR. (yes, an easy A)

Our professors take was more on the lines of GB vs Nazi Germany. The Shire being English in it's perfect form in the West and Germany being the evil empire in the EAST. Germany had fought men in the past WW1, and were building to fight them again. England undermaned couldn't hope to attain victory without help from other countries/races. And by the end, the English countryside and people had suffered the ravages of war but were the main players in it's ultimate victory, but had assistance from the rest of the "good" world. There were hundreds of references throughout the book that could be attributed to this type of interpretation. And considering the proximity of these historical events to the time of it's writing, it is much more likely that they influenced the works.

Much more convincing but equally absurd.

RAH
Old December 30, 2002, 17:04   #18
Lord_Davinator
PtWDG Roleplay
Warlord

Local Time: 18:59
hehe... I do wonder what he thinks the ents are... I mean they have to be something about them that should send a sublimal message...
Old December 30, 2002, 17:06   #19
rah
lifer
Just another peon

Nazi Germany was so evil, that even nature (ents) were motivated from their slow existence to contribute to it's defeat.

RAH
It was a full semester
Old December 30, 2002, 17:11   #20
FrostyBoy
Emperor

Local Time: 21:29
Lancer, I don't know what it is you were trying to say, but NZ has got to be one of the countries with the least racisim in the world.

On topic, I think it's just a co-incidence. I'm pretty good at spotting subliminal messages and I don't see anything really bad. Two things that I notice are that: Gandalf also has long stringy hair, and the height of the hobbits, would be closer to the short african and south american people. (can't remember the names.)

If anything, Tolkien, SUPPORTS more races, not one super race.
Old December 30, 2002, 17:12   #21
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Tolkein is rolling in his grave. The man HATED being accused of allegory.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old December 30, 2002, 17:50   #22
Clear Skies
Prince

Well, if you're going to read that much into Tolkien's books, note that the West is always right - it is in the West that Valinor, the Undying Land, exists. The East is always where evil comes from and where it returns.
And I don't think it's unfair to say Tolkien had certain races allied with Sauron - some of them came in riding elephants, for crying out loud. It just depends how much you want to read into it.
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Old December 30, 2002, 17:53   #23
rah
lifer
Just another peon

Agreed. In any book about "good" vs "evil" people are always going to try to crow about their own personal interpretation.
Old December 30, 2002, 18:04   #24
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:29
OMG THE TWO TOWERS IS INSENSITVE TO 9-11

LET'S ROLL

NEVAR FORGET
Old December 30, 2002, 18:21   #25
Saint Marcus
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 14:29
Quote:
Well, if you're going to read that much into Tolkien's books, note that the West is always right - it is in the West that Valinor, the Undying Land, exists. The East is always where evil comes from and where it returns.
The Elves were first put on earth in the east, I believe. And evil first came from the north.
Old December 30, 2002, 18:25   #26
Gangerolf
Prince

tolkien was south african. nuff said
Old December 30, 2002, 18:38   #27
Saint Marcus
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III Multiplayer
King

Quote:
Our professors take was more on the lines of GB vs Nazi Germany.
He should have been fired.
Old December 30, 2002, 18:38   #28
lightblue
Warlord

The women in his stories come off a bit bad though. But as an Oxford Don he was prolly more into public school boys anywas
It’s a great art, is rowing. It’s the finest art there is. It’s a symphony of motion. And when you reach perfection, you are touching the divine. It touches the you of yous – which is your soul. George Pocock
What fun is that? Why all that hard, exhausting work? Where does it get you? What is the good of it? It is one of the strange ironies of life that those who work the hardest, who subject themselves to the strictest discipline, who give up certain pleasurable things in order to achieve a goal, are the happiest. Brutus Hamilton
Old December 30, 2002, 19:27   #29
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

While in general Tolkien despised cheap allegory, in the prelude to one of his books he explains that there is a sort of allegory within his work. As a child he had a favorite spot, a wild pond that he frequented. A series of family tragedies forced him to move away. When he came back the place had been taken over by a mill. The name of this mill is immortalized in the book. More importantly he confesses in a way that he is a bit of a Luddite. His repeated referrences to the enemy as "dark", "black", and "foul" are not racist, but instead are anti-industrial.
Old December 30, 2002, 19:32   #30
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Saint Marcus

The Elves were first put on earth in the east, I believe. And evil first came from the north.
No, the elves came to middle earth via the western sea.

In Tolkien's England the north and east were industrial and urban, the west was agrarian and rural.