Old December 30, 2002, 17:47   #1
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
1295 A.D. Turnchat STARTS NOW (saves here)
Chat is starting now.

This chat should only last 2-3 turns (because that's all we have orders for).

Here is the save:
Attached Files:
Old December 30, 2002, 17:51   #2
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I'm not coming right now, but I'll try to wonder my way in later -- I'm working on a project that should allow me to be in the chat while I work.

Until then, cheers .

-- adaMada
Old December 30, 2002, 18:45   #3
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 05:29
I will try to stop in when I get home...

Mss
Old December 30, 2002, 20:26   #4
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Turn 1 (1295 A.D.):

Roman Galleon sunk off of Uber Isle by our glorious Ironclad - Ironclad suffered NO damage in the attack
Our cavalry scouts toward Brundisium and finds that the city is showing a fortified veteran Roman cavalry on defense
2 Artillery bombard Brundisium (barracks destroyed and 4/4 Cavalry now 3/4)
Elite Cavalry attacks 3/4 Roman Cavalry in Brundisum and defeats it (our cav now 2/5)
Brudisium captured from Romans. 1 resistor (pop of 3)
SMC ordered WF in Brundisium set to starvation (down to pop 1 or 2)
3 Artillery bombard Stuttgart (CITIZENS KILLED - Pop now 6, 4/4 rifle now 2/4, 4/5 rifle now 2/5)
3 Artillery bombard Stuttgart (whif, 2/4 rifle now 1/4, 2/5 rifle now 1/5)
2 Artillery bombard Stutgart (whif, 2/2 rifle now 1/2)
Elite Cavalry attacks 1/4 rifle in Stuttgart and kills it (cav now 4/5)
Elite Cavalry attacks 1/5 rifle in Stuttgart and kills it (cav now 4/5)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 1/2 rifle in Stuttgart and kills it (no damage to cav)
Stuttgart captured from Germans. 4 resistors (pop of 5)
"Berlin Bombers" stack of artillery, infantry, and cavalry moved to just south of Berlin
Stuttgart abandoned - SMC's orders
Heroes' Summit founded on hills tile south of Stuttgart location
16 Cavalry ("Hannover Group") move to just southwest of Hannover
1 Artillery bombards 4/4 Babylon rifle (now 3/4)
1 Artillery bombards 4/4 Roman infantry (now 3/4)
1 Artillery bombards 4/4 Roman legionary (now 3/4)
1 Artillery bombards 3/3 Roman legionary (now 2/3)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 3/4 Babylonian rifle southwest of Brundisium and kills it (Cav now 1/4)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 4/4 Babylonian bowman southwest of Brundisium and kills it (Cav promoted to elite, now 4/5)
Elite Knight attacks 3/3 Babylonian bowman southwest of Brundisium and dies (Bowman promoted to veteran, now 2/4)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 4/4 Babylonian pikeman southeast of Brundisium and kills it (Cav now 1/4)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 3/3 Babylonian bowman southeast of Brundisium and kills it (Cav promoted to elite, now 2/5)
Elite Knight attacks 4/4 Babylonian longbowman southeast of Brundisium and kills it (Knight now 4/5)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 3/3 Roman legionary east of Brundisium and dies (Legionary promoted, now 2/4)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 3/3 Roman legionary east of Brundisium and kills it (Cav now 3/4)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 3/3 Roman legionary east of Brundisium and kills it (Cav now 3/4)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 3/3 Roman legionary east of Brundisium and kills it (Cav now 2/4)
Veteran Infantry attacks 3/3 Roman legionary east of Brundisium and kills it (Inf now 1/4)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 3/3 Roman legionary and retreats when it takes 3 hp in damage w/o damaging legionary
Sold Replaceable Parts to the Iroquois for 32 LPT + their WM
Allowed sale of coal with Japan to ride (they now have their own source)
Rushed settler in Abandonment for 64 lytons
Rushed cathedral in Port of Where Its At

Between Turns

Embargo against us between Zulus and China ends
Zulus move frigate and galleon headed east past Persia
Japan moves its 3 ironclads to the west (seeing that Brundisium is now ours rather than Rome's)
Japan moves 3 frigate+galleon combos westward past Persia
China moves a frigate near Tarsus
Iroquois and Babylon sign a trade embargo against us
A whole bunch of Babylonian bowmen and 1 Babylonian warrior invades our territory west of Brundisium
Russia contacts us to complain about our Elite Knight in their territory near Novgorod - we agree to leave
Germany counter-attacks Greek forces in Aztec territory and a German rifleman invades Aztec territory
Aztecs attack invading German rifle and kill it
Greece marches a bunch of infantry, riflemen, and archers through Aztec territory for their next assault on German territory near Cologne
Damaged Roman legionary (2/4) that defeated our cavalry retreats from the front lines
Roman 3/4 Infantry attacks our 4/5 Elite knigth in Russian territory and our elite knight is VICTORIOUS - now 1/5
Pollution near Here It Is - our first pollution
WLAD ends in 5 cities
Abandonment abandoned by completion of settler
WLAD ends in 3 cities
Resistence ends in Brundisium
Greece declares war on Babylon
Trade embargo between Iroquois and Babylon against us ends
Iroquois declare war on Babylon
England delcares war on Babylon
Russia declares war on Babylon
Japan declares war on Babylon
Attached Files:
Old December 30, 2002, 21:04   #5
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 05:29
That put the Iroquois on my S***list !!!
Old December 30, 2002, 21:41   #6
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 07:29
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Turn 1 (1295 A.D.):
Iroquois and Babylon sign a trade embargo against us
Iroquois declare war on Babylon
Trade embargo between Iroquois and Babylon against us ends
One of the shortest embargos in recorded history..........
Old December 30, 2002, 21:43   #7
Arnelos
Emperor

Screenshot of Western Germany after the defeat of Hannover by our armies:

Old December 30, 2002, 22:55   #8
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:29
Will Cologne fall before we have a chance to get it???

We shall see.

E_T
Old December 30, 2002, 22:57   #9
Arnelos
Emperor

Turn 2 (1300 A.D.):

Rushed Temple in Brundisium for 116 lytons
Rushed Temple in Heroes' Summit for 116 lytons
The "Frankfurt Attack Group" of 10 artillery, 5 infantry, and a settler invade German territory southwest of Frankfurt
The "Berlin Bombers" (10 artillery) shell Berlin:
whif, Pop from 15 to 14, whif, 4/4 rifle now 3/4, whif, 4/4 rifle to 2/4, 4/4 rifle to 2/4, 4/4 rifle to 3/4, whif, whif
Veteran Cavalry attacks 4/4 rifle in Hannover and kills it (Cav now 2/4)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 4/4 rifle in Hannover and dies (Rifle now 2/4)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 4/4 rifle in Hannover and retreats after taking 3 hp in damage (rifle now 3/4)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 3/4 rifle in Hannover and retreats after taking 3 hp in damage (rifle now 2/4)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 2/4 rifle in Hannover and kills it (no damage to Cavalry)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 2/4 rifle in Hannover and retreats after taking 3 hp in damage (no damage to rifle)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 2/4 rifle in Hannover and dies (no damage to rifle)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 2/4 rifle in Hannover and kills it (Cav now 3/4)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 4/4 Cav in Hannover and dies (German Cavalry now 2/4)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 2/4 Cav in Hannover and kills it (our Cav promoted to Elite, now 2/5)
Hannover captured from Germans. There are 4 resistors (Pop of 6)
All remaining healthy Cavalry from the Hannover strike force sent to just southeast of Cologne
Elite infantry and Veteran Cavalry move to 1 tile away from Frankfurt (from the west after defeat of Hannover)
Hannover WF set to starvation by order of SMC
Galley upgraded to Galleon in Whelsh Coast for 60 lytons and loaded galleon with 2 Cavalry and 2 Infantry from Uber Isle
2 Artillery shell Babylonian bowmen stack SW of Brundisium (4/4 bowman now 2/4, 4/4 bowman now 2/4)
Regular Infantry attacks 4/4 Babylonian bowman SW of Brundisium and kills it (Inf now 1/3)
Veteran Infantry attacks 3/3 Babylonian bowman SW of Brundisium and kills it (no damage to Inf)
Veteran Infantry attacks 3/4 Babylonian bowman SW of Brundisium and kills it (Inf now 2/4)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 2/4 Babylonian bowman SW of Brundisium and kills it (no damage to Cav)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 2/4 Babylonian bowman SW of Brundisium and kills it (no damage to Cav)
Elite Swordsman attacks 3/4 Babylonian warrior SW of Brundisium and kills it (no damage to Sword)
3 Artillery in Fort near Brundisium shell Babylonians in Russian territory (4/4 now 3/4, 3/3 now 2/3, 3/3 now 2/3)
Veteran Infantry attacks 3/4 bowman south of Fort near Brundisium and kills it (Inf now 2/4)
Veteran Infantry attacks 2/3 bowman south of Fort near Brundisium and kills it (no damage to Inf)
Veteran Cavalry attacks 2/3 bowman south of Fort near Brundisium and kills it (Cav now 3/4)
Wounded Cavalry withdrawn from Russian territory
Veteran Cavalry attacks 2/4 bowman southwest of Fort near Brundisium and kills it (no damage to Cav)
Veteran Infantry, Conscript Infantry, and 1 Artillery invade Roman territory on hill SE of Syracuse (so we can bombard next turn)

And now, for your viewing entertainment... the pre-end-of-turn save so that people in the chat can watch whatever happens with the Greek attack of Cologne:
Attached Files:
Old December 30, 2002, 23:14   #10
Arnelos
Emperor

Between Turns:

Zulu frigate/galleon combo moves east
Several Japanes frigate/galleon combos move west
Japanese ironclads head along Iroquois coast
Chinese Veteran Frigate attacks and sinks our Caravel, but is now 1/4
German 2/4 Cavalry captures our worker near Berlin, but Cavalry can't make it back into Berlin
Greek force of over a dozen units (infantry, riflemen, archers) attacks Cologne (defended by several elite German riflemen and an elite cavalry) and defeats it with very heavy losses (Germany must already have a Great Leader to have not gained one in this fight, I figure)
Greeks RAZE German city of Cologne
Greek forces invade German territory NE of where Cologne used to be
Greece and Rome sign a peace treaty
Roman Veteran Legionary attacks our Elite Swordsman southwest of Brundisium and kills it (Roman now 1/4)
Greece declared war on Rome
Roman Infantry and several Legionaries move toward Brundisium SE of Syracuse
WLAD ends in 1 city (I think Arbela?)
Resistence ends in Hannover
WLAD celebrated in Port of Where Its At

NOTE: Somehow the random seed everyone else got from the save I posted was different from mine. I didn't change anything before ending turn and they didn't change anything before ending turn after loading the save... so who knows why it happened. We agree that my version of events is the "official" one, but we're going to all replay the end of turn sequence just for kicks to see if we get different results again.

Here's the official save:
Attached Files:
Old December 30, 2002, 23:28   #11
Arnelos
Emperor

Ok, we've done it again and I got their version of events this time.

I figure that the random seed is set differently when you SAVE the game than if you just keep playing.

As such, I got a different version of events from the save I posted because I didn't reload that save after posting it... I just kept playing. Others loaded that save and likely got its altered random seed.

That's my best guess.

Regardless, we all agree that my original version (without having reloaded the save) is official.

Chat is over.
Old December 31, 2002, 07:29   #12
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:29
I'm curious: how did the "other" version of events differ from the "official" one?
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 31, 2002, 10:14   #13
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Download the Popcorn Save (grab some popcorn while your ringside to a razing) and watch it. A No Prize to you, if you can spot the differences.

E_T
Old December 31, 2002, 19:23   #14
E_T
Emperor

Chat Log
Here's the Chat Log

E_T
Attached Files:
File Type: txt #civ3dem.1295-1300ad.txt (92.7 KB, 8 views)
Old December 31, 2002, 21:13   #15
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
I'm curious: how did the "other" version of events differ from the "official" one?
hi ,

see the post from Arnelos , that explains it

have a nice day

Quote:
Ok, we've done it again and I got their version of events this time.

I figure that the random seed is set differently when you SAVE the game than if you just keep playing.

As such, I got a different version of events from the save I posted because I didn't reload that save after posting it... I just kept playing. Others loaded that save and likely got its altered random seed.

That's my best guess.

Regardless, we all agree that my original version (without having reloaded the save) is official.

Chat is over.
Old January 1, 2003, 02:06   #16
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

You've misunderstood me. I didn't ask how this happened, I asked what was different in the other, non-official turn of events. The posted save answered my question.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old January 1, 2003, 03:01   #17
E_T
Emperor

And what was the answer?

E_T
Old January 1, 2003, 06:17   #18
lmtoops
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 07:29
Download "Popcorn, Popcorn, Get your Popcorn.sav" and run the turn. It is right before the Greek attack. You will see the difference.
Old January 1, 2003, 13:22   #19
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

quit being so secretive! I don't want to download the popcorn save!
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old January 1, 2003, 14:26   #20
Shiber
Emperor

* * * SPOILER ALERT!! * * *
It's really no big deal, but I suppose that some people might want to enjoy the surprise. So if you do, DON'T READ ON!
The greatest difference is that Greece fails to conquer Cologne. In the official turn of events, Greece conquered Cologne and razed it to the ground.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old January 1, 2003, 15:49   #21
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
* * * SPOILER ALERT!! * * *
It's really no big deal, but I suppose that some people might want to enjoy the surprise. So if you do, DON'T READ ON!
The greatest difference is that Greece fails to conquer Cologne. In the official turn of events, Greece conquered Cologne and razed it to the ground.
You must have used the 1.29f version to play it, because that only happened with the people who had had that version.

If you really must know, there were 4 things:

Greece did not make peace terms with Rome (and having the MPP Reactive as soon as Rome attacked our Swordsman).
The Swordsman Survived.
The Caravel that was attacked by the Chinese Frigate survived.
The Elite German Cavalry that Attacked the Worker was 3/5, not 5/5 (either way, he will be dealt with).

Both Versions had Cologne Razed by Greek Forces, Although the balance of Remaining Greek Forces might have been a bit different.

E_T
Old January 1, 2003, 16:56   #22
Shiber
Emperor

No, I am using version 1.21... although a few days ago I started civ and the text in the corner of the screen said version 1.29 and there were no menu options. The next time I started the game it was business as usual.
Perhaps something is wrong with my installation. I think I'll reinstall.
- Phantom of the Opera