Old January 1, 2003, 17:27   #31
deamon451
Settler

Local Time: 13:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn05
Oh dear, have we turned into a cheating lot.
It's not cheating, it's...something. Ok fine, its cheating and I have no one to blame except myself. At least I haven't boosted my my stats by giving myself lots of money to pay for training. Now that's an idea...
Old January 1, 2003, 18:19   #32
Thrawn05
King

Local Time: 08:30
Quote:
Originally posted by deamon451

It's not cheating, it's...something. Ok fine, its cheating and I have no one to blame except myself. At least I haven't boosted my my stats by giving myself lots of money to pay for training. Now that's an idea...
Training is one thing, I don't do that though. When I started my Altmer mage, I wore a Imperial Chain curaiss and steel gauntlets, and everytime I see a scribe, WACK! with my Dwemer Axe. Thus adding levelup bonuses to my Strength and Endurance as well as my Intel and Wisdom.

QUESTION

Has anyone come across anyone who is selling either a Summon Golden Saint spell and/or Winged Twilights? Not scrolls, I mean spells. I'd be happy if I can get at least a Winged Twilight spell. I have a daedric tower shield and I want to have either a Golden Saint or WT constatn effect enchantment on it.
Old January 1, 2003, 19:08   #33
deamon451
Settler

Quote:
Has anyone come across anyone who is selling either a Summon Golden Saint spell and/or Winged Twilights? Not scrolls, I mean spells. I'd be happy if I can get at least a Winged Twilight spell. I have a daedric tower shield and I want to have either a Golden Saint or WT constatn effect enchantment on it.
Check out The Unoffical Elder Scrolls homepage at www.m0use.net/~uesp/index.shtml

There is a section for Morrowind that has spell mechants. Apparently in Tel Branora named Felen Maryon that sells both Golden Saint and Winged Twilight summons.
Old January 1, 2003, 19:28   #34
Kc7mxo
King

Hey, James, you watching this fricking game? I just cannot believe these guys. I don't know what the cougs are playing , but it sure don't look like football.
Old January 1, 2003, 20:47   #35
deamon451
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Kc7mxo
Hey, James, you watching this fricking game? I just cannot believe these guys. I don't know what the cougs are playing , but it sure don't look like football.
I stoped watching when Gesser threw an interception at about the 5 yard line. While the defence was working, the offence wasn't going anywhere and I nad the feeling that the defence was going to start getting tired and fall apart. Last I saw it was 20-0
Old January 1, 2003, 21:28   #36
Kc7mxo
King

it ended 34 14 i think. I watched some more pieces towards the end. Oh well.

And I've decided I do hope the door hits price on his way out.
Old January 1, 2003, 22:53   #37
deamon451
Settler

So, where are you now? I'm just running along on the main quest, but currently at Ghostgate trying to score some glass armor
Old January 1, 2003, 23:04   #38
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
So, where are you now? I'm just running along on the main quest, but currently at Ghostgate trying to score some glass armor
Just a word of caution, I suggest you BUY the Glass Greaves before you taun-kill him, because the greaves are not in the shop at all.

Quote:
Check out The Unoffical Elder Scrolls homepage at www.m0use.net/~uesp/index.shtml

There is a section for Morrowind that has spell mechants. Apparently in Tel Branora named Felen Maryon that sells both Golden Saint and Winged Twilight summons.
If we all went there, there would be no point in this thread now would there?

Besides, there are lot of errors there. I had to correct him about the location of the Staff of Magnus and the Staff of Hosedoki. He had them flipped.

Thanks anyway. I bought them both spells, but it turns out the Tower shield is just shy 30 enchantment points for either one of them as a constant effect. The best I can do is a Storm Atronach, but his lightning spells tend to hurt me more then anything else.
Old January 1, 2003, 23:09   #39
Thrawn05
King

Just as a side note, I have finnaly been in every exterior cell on Vvardenfell. My world map is complete and whole. Now, time to pawn off Sixth House Amulets and stack some more spoons!

I could try to start a habit of eating scrap metal.
Old January 2, 2003, 18:36   #40
Tuberski

Quote:
Just as a side note, I have finnaly been in every exterior cell on Vvardenfell. My world map is complete and whole. Now, time to pawn off Sixth House Amulets and stack some more spoons!

I could try to start a habit of eating scrap metal.
I think you need to get back to the construction set.

Did you get the "Seige at Firemoth" plugin? It's pretty fun?

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old January 2, 2003, 18:39   #41
deamon451
Settler

Anyone know where I can pick up a ring or something that has a levitate enchantment on it?
Old January 2, 2003, 19:49   #42
Tuberski

I simply made a levitate spell with, I think 11 sec duration and a 1 magnitude. kept the magicka cost as low as possible with the longest duration.

Also, I BELIEVE that if you do the quests for Larrius Varro at Moonmoth Legion Fort, he give you a levitate amulet, but it could be chameleon, I don't remember for sure.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old January 2, 2003, 20:30   #43
deamon451
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuberski
I simply made a levitate spell with, I think 11 sec duration and a 1 magnitude. kept the magicka cost as low as possible with the longest duration.

Also, I BELIEVE that if you do the quests for Larrius Varro at Moonmoth Legion Fort, he give you a levitate amulet, but it could be chameleon, I don't remember for sure.

ACK!
Ok. I wasn't sure on how magnitude worked for levitate. Also, Varro give a chameleon ring for that little excursion .
Old January 2, 2003, 21:16   #44
Tuberski

As far as I can tell magnitude doesn't change anything.

ACK!
Old January 3, 2003, 00:40   #45
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 21:30
A higher magnitude gives you a lot more speed.
That said though if you equip those boots while levitating you can get much the same effect.

Quote:
Did you get the "Seige at Firemoth" plugin? It's pretty fun?
Unfortunately the location of the Firemoth plugin conflicts with Castlevania. The latter of which I, for one, found much more enjoyable.
Old January 3, 2003, 02:15   #46
Kc7mxo
King

Quote:
As far as I can tell magnitude doesn't change anything.
You sure? I think magnitude controls the maximum height you can get with your levitation spell. With a magnitutde zero spell, I couldn't increase my altitude, while with a 11 magnitude spell I was able to fly a good distance before I stopped gaining altitude.
Old January 3, 2003, 04:35   #47
deamon451
Settler

Note to self: be carefull who's house you go into, may accidently cause loss of several quests latter.
Old January 3, 2003, 18:43   #48
Tuberski

Quote:

You sure? I think magnitude controls the maximum height you can get with your levitation spell. With a magnitutde zero spell, I couldn't increase my altitude, while with a 11 magnitude spell I was able to fly a good distance before I stopped gaining altitude.
I can fly as high with my 1 magnitude Short Levitate spell, as I can with any other levitation scroll, spell, or device.

ACK!
Old January 3, 2003, 21:36   #49
Thrawn05
King

Quote:

I can fly as high with my 1 magnitude Short Levitate spell, as I can with any other levitation scroll, spell, or device.

ACK!
IIRC, there is a bug with Levitation spells. It's your speed attribute I believe that increases the speed at which you "fly".
Old January 3, 2003, 21:39   #50
Thrawn05
King

Quote:

ACK!

The Dunmer Stronghold south of Gnisis has a the Boots of the Apostle, which have flying on them. You'll need to get by tons of Daedric Servents, mostly Daedroths, Daedra Lords and Winged Twightlights.

These boots are also part of the Oracle's quest in the Imperial Cult. So don't sell them (because NPC tend to wear what you sell).

EDIT: Also, once in a blue moon, in a Dwemer ruin you'll get the Dwemer Boots of Flying. But don't count on it.
Old January 3, 2003, 21:57   #51
Tuberski

Quote:

The Dunmer Stronghold south of Gnisis has a the Boots of the Apostle, which have flying on them. You'll need to get by tons of Daedric Servents, mostly Daedroths, Daedra Lords and Winged Twightlights.

These boots are also part of the Oracle's quest in the Imperial Cult. So don't sell them (because NPC tend to wear what you sell).

EDIT: Also, once in a blue moon, in a Dwemer ruin you'll get the Dwemer Boots of Flying. But don't count on it.
Do you have the Ring of the Dark?

The clues they give you aren't very helpful.

ACK!
Old January 3, 2003, 22:23   #52
Thrawn05
King

Quote:

Do you have the Ring of the Dark?

The clues they give you aren't very helpful.

ACK!

The Ring of Darkness is in a carvern on the Grazeland coasts, close to Molag Mar. The Dunmer who has it is on a pillar within a large chamber. An avatar of Zenithar is there as well. He has some nifty gloves for you as well.
Old January 3, 2003, 23:13   #53
Tuberski

Excellent.

Thank you.

ACK!
Old January 4, 2003, 19:36   #54
Thrawn05
King

Tales of the Nomadic Ashlander Altmer, part 1
By Thrawn05

Harry the Altmer was a famous Altmer. He conquered Red Mountain, brought down the false gods (or part of them), and united the Dunmer people.

Harry become Master of the Guilds, Grandmaster of the Morag Tong, Spiritual leader of the Tribunal and Imperial Cult, Knight of the Imperial Dragon in the Vvardenfell district, and Archmagister in the Great House Telvanni. He had a large wealth of money and in properties. Yet he longed for the simple life.

He dropped the Tools that conquered Red Mountain, stripped himself of his Royal Armor given to him by King Hlaalu Helseth himself, stashed the ring the Daedra Prince Azura gave to him, picked up his Chitin armor, spear, bow and few arrows and caste Divine Intervention to Wolverine Hall in Sadrith Mora.

There he set sail to Dagon Fel, and from there he landed at Khuul. He walked southwest of Khuul, past a Kwama mine and behold to his eyes he sees a Ashlander Yurt. Thinking he could join them, he walked onward. Unfortunately, the Ashlanders didn't like him, and attacked him. Harry, with his spear, slew the guards, and their leader within.

Harry had a Yurt, and placed his extra armor into the crate and baskets and sacks. After setting the place up, he became hungry, and walked outside to see what he could hunt. He could steal from the local Kwama mine, but Kwama eggs give Harry... bowel problems. So he walked south a little ways, towards the trees. There he saw a Nix-Hound, with lots of fat of it. Harry pulled out an arrow and struck at the Hound. The creature however, was not amused, and charged Harry. Harry trusted with his dagger, and killed the Hound. He brought the hound back to the Yurt, pushing the dead Ashlanders bodies over to make room and he cut the meat out of the Hound and cooked and ate it.

End of part 1.

See what happens to Harry as he battles a Corprus Stalker in Part 2!
Old January 4, 2003, 19:56   #55
Kc7mxo
King

Ok, I'm rather annoyed here. I recently "acquired" some rather valuable items, and I've been looking for a merchant to unload them on. And every merchant I meet can't even remotely afford them. I'd never really paid attention to the merchant's money supply when I was selling 20 and 200 dollar items. . . Now, I have a 16000 sword, and no one can afford it! Whats up with that?

I got it and a bunch of other rather valuable items from that sorkvild necromancer up in Dagon Fel. Is there any rich merchants in vivec? I tried looking, but that place is rather confusing. I'd really like to get some more money, since I can't barter for enchatments with the Mage Guild.

"What does the phrase, 'Exact Change Only' mean?"

I imagine most people will recogonize this quote. . .
Old January 4, 2003, 21:42   #56
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Ok, I'm rather annoyed here. I recently "acquired" some rather valuable items, and I've been looking for a merchant to unload them on. And every merchant I meet can't even remotely afford them. I'd never really paid attention to the merchant's money supply when I was selling 20 and 200 dollar items. . . Now, I have a 16000 sword, and no one can afford it! Whats up with that?

I got it and a bunch of other rather valuable items from that sorkvild necromancer up in Dagon Fel. Is there any rich merchants in vivec? I tried looking, but that place is rather confusing. I'd really like to get some more money, since I can't barter for enchatments with the Mage Guild.

"What does the phrase, 'Exact Change Only' mean?"

I imagine most people will recogonize this quote. . .
The Vvardenfell district of Morrowind was only recently settled about 5 years before your arrival. It's poor.

Another thing is, and take it from me because I felt the same way, being rich in this game kills it. Swallow your pride, and take a lose.

There is a real reason for this though, is that Bethesda didn't want people to have rich characters that spend 10K on just training.

There are two that have lots of gold though, you have Creeper, a Scamp in Cadera, with 5000 gold, and the Mudcrab, a Mudcrab on an island near the Dwemer Ruin north of Bal Fell. The crab has 10000.

One thing that you should know is that NPC wear what you sell them. If you sell them a powerful artifact or a mission critical item they might wear it, and you'll have to kill them to get it back.

Tribunal XP does have richer merchants, and that's because it's a Richer place, Mournhold. Tribunal also adds a Seller's Max button for high priced items. For example, if the merchant has only 500 gold, and you want to sell a 1000 gold item, offer the item and press the seller's max button. You will now ask for 500 instead of 1000. It's a lot faster then using those scroll buttons.
Old January 4, 2003, 21:48   #57
Thrawn05
King

(I couldn't wait until tomorrow night, so here's part 2)

Tales of the Nomadic Ashlander Altmer, part 2
By Thrawn05

Harry began his life as a nomad. He hunted Nix-Hounds, Kagouti, Scribe and Rats. Sometimes he was able to bag a Netch in the air, given enough arrows. He would sell his extra products to the outpost in Ald Velothi for arrows replacements, and repair prongs when needed. He also bought extra pots, plates, and silverware. He also prayed at the shrine to ensure another good hunt.

One day he was praying, and he overheard rumors of a Corprus Stalker has found his way out of Red Mountain and is roaming the northern Ashlanders. Harry stood up and asked a young Dunmer woman where she heard this. He was told that a member of the Urshilaku tribe had traveled to Khuul to sell their Guar hides for cure blight potions, and had mentioned about this Stalker. Harry went back to his Yurt, and there he gathered his arrows and left his Yurt and headed east.

Harry came to the mountains that part West Gash from the Ashlands. He soon realized that Cliff Racers will be his biggest problem, since he is an excellent mountain climber. He used his arrows to kill the Cliff Racers that he saw before jumping and climbing over the mountains. Once he made it to the top, he continued his assault on the Cliff Racers with his arrows. He made his way down, and saw an opening into the northern Ashlands beside an old Dwemer Ruin. He trekked across, shooting down the occasional Cliff Racer and spearing Nix-Hounds and Shalks that roam the lands.

He arrived at the Urshilaku camp, and talked to the tribe members there. He was told that a Corprus stalker is roaming south of the camp, at the Dwemer Ruin with the partial bridge. They also said that this Stalker never ventured far from the area, as if it was defending something.

Harry headed south, he was lucky; no ash storms today, although there was a misty, yellowish fog. He took his time, letting Azura guide him in the right direction, and then he saw it, a Corprus Stalker bent down grabbing his head and screaming in pain. Harry felt sympathy not for the Stalker, but for the man… or mer, he once was. Harry had kept a powerful poison tipped Silver Arrow just for the Stalker. He pulled and let the arrow go. The Stalker dropped like a rock, and was dead, if a Stalker isn't dead already. Harry walked up to the Stalker, and saw the marking on its shoulder, the marking of a member of the Great House Indoril. This Stalker was an Ordinator, but Harry wondered why an Ordinator was doing here? Harry then remembered what the tribe member said, this Ordinator was trying to destroy a Sixth House Base…. and lost.

End of Part 2

What will happen to Harry? What will he do? Find out in the next spearing episode of Harry the Altmer!
Old January 4, 2003, 22:58   #58
Kc7mxo
King

Quote:
There is a real reason for this though, is that Bethesda didn't want people to have rich characters that spend 10K on just training.
I haven't done hardly any training, the skills i use go up really fast anyway. . . I just want the money so I can afford enchantments and stuff. The dang wizards won't barter with me. . .

As to my current campaign. . . The duke of EbonHeart wants to duel me now. If I beat him in the arena, do I get that nice sword and armor I gave him for the quest?
Old January 4, 2003, 23:38   #59
Thrawn05
King

Quote:

I haven't done hardly any training, the skills i use go up really fast anyway. . . I just want the money so I can afford enchantments and stuff. The dang wizards won't barter with me. . .
Once again, like Training, Bethesda doesn't want some Uber player too early in the game. It won't be no fun running around with an echanted item with a 100 point sheild or sancturary constant effect. You can enchant items yourself, but it will most likely fail, depending on what you want, but it's free.

Quote:
As to my current campaign. . . The duke of EbonHeart wants to duel me now. If I beat him in the arena, do I get that nice sword and armor I gave him for the quest?
Your not fighting the Duke, the duke is the Dunmer in Ebony Armor, you are fighting the Knight of the Imperial Dragon, the highest ranking Imperial Legion soldier in Vvardenfell district. Yes you will get the armor and shield, BUT, he's really hard, particulary if you are wearing Templor Armor. Of course changing the difficulty will help, but where's the fun in that.

If you want to sell them, you can in Tribunal. The museum will buy certain objects such as the one you gave to the Knight of the Imperial Dragon, but you can't buy it back. THe museum pay half price up to 30000 gold.

Last edited by Thrawn05; January 4, 2003 at 23:44.
Old January 5, 2003, 03:22   #60
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 09:30
Yeah, I think the lack of merchants that can afford mucho weaponry is a GOOD idea. I mean when you get powerful (and even Level 14 isn't that high) the game gets much easier. If you could buy a bunch of training, it'd be simple.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)