Old December 31, 2002, 02:10   #1
Pap1723
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 07:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
1 vs 1 2194 Days Of War Gigamap v0.8
I have made a few changes to the scenario and I am wondering if anyone wants to play a 1 on 1 Axis vs Allies.

One person would control the Japanese and Axis, and the other would control China, America, Britain and USSR.

I would like to do this instead of making a whole new PBEM, if this sounds good to anyone, respond here...or if we can get enough people, that is fine also, but I am itching for a 1 vs 1 game.

Japanese and Axis -
China, America, Britain, and USSR -

Pap
Old December 31, 2002, 04:07   #2
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 08:30
Whoa whoa whoa, why don't we just upgrade the two running games to 0.8? The HB game hasn't even started, and in the Apolyton game only one turn was played and I'd gladly replay it. I don't feel like playing out an entire game when I know another version is out.
Old December 31, 2002, 08:55   #3
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 09:30
I agree with Darius.

Unless is there some reason you want to still test 0.7 Pap? Are there things in 0.7 that are not in 0.8?

Anyway if you want to do this Ill do it with you, with just two of us we could crank out a lot of turns really quick.

Ill AIM you today.
Old January 3, 2003, 11:52   #4
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

The ST Valentines Day massacre begins! (For the Axis I hope!) I can call it that because Pap and I are both Chicago boys!

Pap1723 is the Axis

conmcb25 is the Allies.

First post shortly.

And we are all thinking version 08 is getting close to the final version!

Thanks to Darius, Sas, Choke, Pavlov, and all the other guys who have helped make this a great scenario!

Let Good vs Evil begin!
Old January 3, 2003, 12:48   #5
Pap1723
Prince

The GOOD Forces of Evil run rampant throughout the world!

In Japan, the code word East Wind, Rain was given and advances were made throughout the Pacific, after a suprise attack at Pearl Harbor that decimated the entire Pacific Fleet.

Cities Taken:
Guam
Manila
Tarakan
Kuala Lumpur
Singapore
Naning
Wake

German troops continue to advance into Russia, despite the harsh winter.

Cities Taken:
Novogrod
Kalinin
Kharkov
Sevastopol

Have fun Con!

Pap
Attached Files:
Old January 3, 2003, 12:54   #6
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

$hit, nice advance in Russia!

Japan was expected though
Old January 3, 2003, 15:16   #7
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Some Allied Concerns:

Chinese again had to disband a mass transit
Brits disbanded AA Gun in Dover, and Air Base in Malta
Soviets had civil disorder in Moscow and Lenningrad.

The turn

Chinese: Several units killed outsdie on Wuhan

USA: Freight to the Aussies; sub sunk SE of Greenland; Moved and built units

Brits: Delievered Frieght to USA, destroyed units west of Alexandria, Destroyed Axis Battleship and troup transport east of Italy.

Soviets: Recaptured Sevastapol. Freight to USA

A small start to the comeback trail!

Pap which units are now airborne? Comando's?
Attached Files:
File Type: zip the good guys_dec 1941.zip (95.3 KB, 2 views)
Old January 3, 2003, 23:27   #8
Pap1723
Prince

Yes, Commandos are the airborne units.

I'll do my turn either late tonight or tomorrow Con.

Pap
Old January 3, 2003, 23:31   #9
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

OK man then Im probally going to bed soon, are you going to be able to play much tomorrow?
Old January 4, 2003, 04:24   #10
Pap1723
Prince

Japan Cities Taken
-Palembang
-Hohot

Axis Cities Taken
-Sevastopol
-Rostov

Sorry not much to report.

Pap
Attached Files:
Old January 4, 2003, 12:23   #11
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Chinese: Moving units and Fortifying positions
USA: Building Forces, and sunk a destroyer off the west coast of the USA. I might have got a sub too!
Britian: Sunk 2 U-boats one west of England and one north of England.
USSR: Destroyed Some of the German Tanks in ROSTOV.
Built and Fortified positions. Also sunk a sub just north of Murmansk.

Pap a BIG Question am I as the Soviets supposed to build: (During this time period?)
T-43/76 41's
KV-1
IL-2
Pe-2

And if so why does the KV-1 "Heavy Tank" have less firepower and defense than a T-34? I am no tank buff but shouldn't a "heavy Tank" that costs more have higher stat's? If not then what is the point of building them? And why are they in the force pool?

Just a question?

And also dont forget to remind me when I have to run the batch file I believe it is April. And do I run for each Civ or just the Commies?

And it is at the begining of a turn right?

This is fun you need to wake up and play more!

We need to do one on ones more often!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip the good guys_1942feb.zip (96.9 KB, 2 views)
Old January 4, 2003, 13:48   #12
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Some Allied Concerns:

Chinese again had to disband a mass transit
Brits disbanded AA Gun in Dover, and Air Base in Malta
Soviets had civil disorder in Moscow and Lenningrad.
-Pap I still dont know what to do about the Chinese, Ill ask Yaro.
-For the Brit disbanded units why not stick an Industrial Port certainly in Dover and possibly in Malta. Or make all the Malta units at the start "NON" units. Im saying this because realisticaly I believe there could have been an Industrial Port in Dover but I doubt there was in reality enough industry in Malta to support that.
-For Moscow and Lenningrad, some other improvement to get out of Disorder? Or is that intentional with the Nazi Hordes at your doorstep?
Old January 4, 2003, 21:07   #13
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

"Originally posted by conmcb25;" Pap a BIG Question am I as the Soviets supposed to build: (During this time period?)
T-43/76 41's
KV-1
IL-2
Pe-2

And if so why does the KV-1 "Heavy Tank" have less firepower and defense than a T-34? I am no tank buff but shouldn't a "heavy Tank" that costs more have higher stat's? If not then what is the point of building them? And why are they in the force pool?

Pap I answered the first part of my question byt finally looking at the Geocities website. By the way when you get a chance you might want to update the webpage on the Historic Battles server as well.

But Im still wondering about the second part. Why would a "Heavy Tank" has slightly less attack and defense then a T-34 yet cost more?

Again just wondering and again Im no WWII tank expert! Thanks
Old January 5, 2003, 02:55   #14
Pap1723
Prince

According to all the information I have read, the T-34 was a very simple tank, and therefore very simple to build. Even though the different models got better throughout the war, they actually became cheaper.

I should actually make the KV-1 a little better, but I can only raise it's stats a little higher, any ideas??

Pap
Old January 5, 2003, 03:29   #15
Pap1723
Prince

Forces of Evil continue to move throughout the world in their quest for world domination...

Japanese marine forces supported by bombers and ships succesfully attacked and took over Rangoon. Units based there are expected to move north next month to take the city of Mandalay and to cut off the Chinese from the Allies through the Burma Road.

After a massive bombardment of Midway Island from the deck guns of the Battleship Yamato, Imperial Marines stormed the island and defeated the US garrison there. After interrogating some of the survivors, Japanese forces learned that the morale of the soldiers stationed there was at an all time low after the naval bombardment.

In Germany, the Wehrmacht's advance was still slowed by the harsh Russian winter, but it has not stopped them from acheiving multiple victories along the front. After a massive tank battle involving Panzer IV's and Panzer III's, the garrison at Kursk, including 6 divisions of BT-7 tanks, was destroyed and occupied by Axis forces.

The first wave of German tanks has also made it ashore in North Africa, they expect to join the push on Alexandria next month.

Pap
Attached Files:
Old January 5, 2003, 03:31   #16
Pap1723
Prince

Sorry it took so long Con, I was busy celebrating the Packers loss!!

Brett Fav-ray

Atlanta Falcons

Haha!

Pap
Old January 5, 2003, 09:26   #17
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Dam Packers, after last weekend I kind of figured they were doomed in the play offs, ah well,

At least they Beat the Bears twice! Ha Ha

And Ive always said if the Packers went 2 wins and 14 losses, as long as the two wins was against the Bears it would be a great year!

Now back to business, who is the resident tank expert?
Do you know Pap? Ill ask around and get opinions.
Old January 5, 2003, 11:38   #18
jim panse
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 15:30
sorry to disturb you guys. i´m not the resident tank expert but if you want to gather info try www.battletanks.com.
Old January 5, 2003, 12:57   #19
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Thanks Jim
Old January 5, 2003, 15:24   #20
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

China_Scorched earth Policy
USA- Sunk several ships and a sub or two west of the USA Coast
Birtian-Destroyed The advance on Alexandria
Sunk I believe 2 subs in the Atlantic west of Britian.
USSR_ tried a couple of counterattacks but they failed,
Attached Files:
File Type: zip the good guys_mar1942.zip (97.8 KB, 2 views)
Old January 6, 2003, 01:10   #21
Pap1723
Prince

World Map
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	1v1 - world.gif
Views:	14
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	33261  
Old January 6, 2003, 01:11   #22
Pap1723
Prince

Europe
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	1v1 - europe.gif
Views:	14
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	33262  
Old January 6, 2003, 01:11   #23
Pap1723
Prince

Pacific
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	1v1 - pacific.gif
Views:	16
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	33263  
Old January 6, 2003, 01:40   #24
Pap1723
Prince

Japanese continue their advance throughout the Pacific and into China.

Taiyuan, Pearl Harbor, and Surabaya taken!

Things slow down on the Eastern Front in Russia as Germany prepares a major offensive for the coming late Spring and early summer months.

Pap
Attached Files:
File Type: zip forces of evil - march 1942.zip (90.9 KB, 2 views)
Old January 6, 2003, 08:31   #25
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Pap

Why is Pearl Harbor still Green then?
Old January 6, 2003, 08:31   #26
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

I will play this by noon our time.
Old January 6, 2003, 17:21   #27
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

BTW I ran Number 2 for Batch file and all my Soviet units got brown so it must have worked

Now do I run that for each Civ or just the one time, since I am Four Civs?

The Report:
CHINA: Destroyed and Imperial Infantry and Arty uni outside of Changsa

USA: Pacific:
-Damaged Super Battleship between Midway and Pearl.
-Sunk a destroyer, Cruiser and sub just east of Pearl.
-Sunk a sub just south of Alaska
-Sunk a sub just off the Mexican coast

USA:Atlantic:
Sunk Two subs off the East Coast USA, a ways out in the Atlantic.

Britain: Captured Bergen, and sunk a destroyer near Iceland. Destroyed a Light Tank outside Calcutta!

USSR: Broke up Grozny Offensive. Assaulted Kalinin and destroyed several units.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip the good guys_apr 1942.zip (99.2 KB, 2 views)
Old January 6, 2003, 19:49   #28
Pap1723
Prince

Damn good guys need to learn how to play the game correctly!

Pap
Old January 6, 2003, 20:11   #29
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Ya Ya b1tch b1tch, thats all you Chicago guys do!

Here it is:

Same report.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip the good guys_1942apr..zip (99.1 KB, 2 views)
Old January 7, 2003, 05:51   #30
Pap1723
Prince

Evil forces of Japan continue their uncontested domination in the Pacific. In a daring attempt of psychological warfare, Jimmy Dolittle led a raid of 3 squadrons of B-25 bombers against the mainland of Japan. A destroyer saw the planes advancing and radioed to the Zero fighters stationed in the Home Islands. These fighters shot down every plane and took 21 prisoners including Dolittle himself. (Ben Affleck too ) These pilots will be living the rest of the war in POW camps in Tokyo.

Japanese forces also signed a strategic alliance with the Neutral countries, making them neutral no longer. After hearing that the British had attacked the Neutrals, Japan banded together to help protect the Neutrals against any further Allied action. The Neutrals now report that they are at war with the Allies.

Also, Port Moresby and Rabaul have been secured by Japanese forces. The only remaining Pacific Island is Henderson AFB expected to be overtaken next month, then it is on to Australia and the United States.

In Germany, the war is still going well, however it seems that a stalemate has broken out on the Eastern Front. Each side exchanging blows trying to find the knockout punch, but both sides still failing.

In the Pacific, a large fleet of American Warships was seen heading towards Europe. German bombers have been alerted by U-Boats and are awaiting the convoy to get into range. A U-Boat also sunk a Canadian transport laden with supplies and men bound for Britain.

Parts of the Middle East have also succumbed to the Nazi Juggernaut as Aden was also captured by members of the 23rd Fallschirmjager Division.

Pap
Attached Files:
File Type: zip forces of evil - april 1942.zip (92.1 KB, 2 views)