Old December 31, 2002, 14:13   #1
LeTharg
Settler

Local Time: 05:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ground Combat questions
As a new MOO player, I've been wondering about ground combat.

1. Is ground combat a necessity. Can you, instead, just glass the planet from space? Is there a substantial benefit to ground combat?

2. If you do glass a planet, does it destroy the environment making the planet less colonizable?

3. Do the racial skills accuracy, reflexes and toughness only apply to ground combat? Are there skills for space combat?

Thanks all!
LeTharg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2002, 14:33   #2
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 09:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Since you say moo. I will address it as Moo1. Moo2 is fairly close and Moo3 is unkown to me as it ha not come out.
Ground combat is needed if you want to capture the planet and its factories (Moo2 you capture other structures as well, if they exist and survive).
You can bomb the planet so the colony is destroyed in Moo1. In moo2 you can do that to a colony or an outpost. You can also use a Stellar conveter to destroy the planet so it no longer shows up on the map.
In Moo1, some time bombing the planet will reverted it to an unterraformed state.
Yes to question three in Moo1-3, racial traits can applyto ground combat if applicable or space. Alkari have a space boost, Bulrathi have a ground boost (others have boost as well). You can gain boost via tech.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote