Old December 31, 2002, 20:44   #1
tandeetaylor
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:32
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I can't believe this is happening in the USA
I'm sure this was discussed here when they arrested the men in LA who came to register with the INS, but I wasn't around then. I need specific advice. My husband is now in the US illegally. We have applied for his green card, but it takes a year or so to get it. If he goes to "register," they're going to arrest him and ask to pay thousands of dollars in bail that we don't have. If we don't go register, they'll turn down his application which we already gave them six hundred dollars for. What the **** should we do? I can't believe this... Does it get any more blatant?! If you are a male from these countries come register? Where are our star of David patches?
Old December 31, 2002, 20:49   #2
Vesayen
King

Local Time: 09:32
Re: I can't believe this is happening in the USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tandeetaylor
I'm sure this was discussed here when they arrested the men in LA who came to register with the INS, but I wasn't around then. I need specific advice. My husband is now in the US illegally. We have applied for his green card, but it takes a year or so to get it. If he goes to "register," they're going to arrest him and ask to pay thousands of dollars in bail that we don't have. If we don't go register, they'll turn down his application which we already gave them six hundred dollars for. What the **** should we do? I can't believe this... Does it get any more blatant?! If you are a male from these countries come register? Where are our star of David patches?

So your husband is commiting a crime by being in the U.S. illegaly and your sorry if your being punished for it?

Pssst sorry to be rough, but being a human being dosent give you the entitlment to citizenship in the U.S.............

Your husband is not a citizen so you have no rights.....your husband is commiting a crime, which makes it worse.........

Sorry, have to speak the truth-even though it is rough .
Old December 31, 2002, 21:03   #3
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 13:32
Re: Re: I can't believe this is happening in the USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Vesayen

So your husband is commiting a crime by being in the U.S. illegaly and your sorry if your being punished for it?
Oh puhleeeeeeeze. If he were truely trying to commit an illegal act dont you think he would never have even applied for his green card? Come on, this is a VERY lame excuse.

Quote:
Pssst sorry to be rough, but being a human being dosent give you the entitlment to citizenship in the U.S.............
Alright then, what does? Why can't simply being human entitle you to citizenship?

Quote:
Your husband is not a citizen so you have no rights.....
Who-hoo! Support the GREAT immigration laws of the good ol' US of A!
Old December 31, 2002, 21:06   #4
Vesayen
King

Re: Re: Re: I can't believe this is happening in the USA
"Oh puhleeeeeeeze. If he were truely trying to commit an illegal act dont you think he would never have even applied for his green card? Come on, this is a VERY lame excuse."

Should of gotten a greencard first........

"Alright then, what does? Why can't simply being human entitle you to citizenship?"

Being a human being dosent entitle you to citizenship anywhere......you have to apply like everyone else to see if your wanted in that country(based on skills, familly already living there etc.....)
Old December 31, 2002, 21:10   #5
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

I have to agree with Vesayen... may not be right, but it's the law. It's silly to get hopping mad that your husband is in the country illegally and then you are shocked that he will be punished for it.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old December 31, 2002, 21:11   #6
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Re: Re: I can't believe this is happening in the USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Vesayen
Your husband is not a citizen so you have no rights.....
What, a woman's got to be married to an american man to have rights?

Do It Ourselves
Old December 31, 2002, 21:13   #7
Vesayen
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Osweld

Damn right, just like Saudi Arabia!

Yes-that was a VERY embarasing typo....I ment that her husband is not a citizen so he has no rights.

Old December 31, 2002, 21:14   #8
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Re: Re: Re: Re: I can't believe this is happening in the USA
Quote:
Should of gotten a greencard first........
And how could he have known that the US would turn into some sort of state with paranoid delusions? Again, the mere fact that hes even applying for his greencard means he WANTS to legally become a resident of the United States. Arresting him for that is stupid and we all know it.

Quote:
you have to apply like everyone else to see if your wanted in that country(based on skills, familly already living there etc.....)
But doesn't the United States want all civilized peoples of the world to come and be a part of the glorious multi-ethnic union?

Edit: And hes applying for his green card. Hes trying to do it legally.

Old December 31, 2002, 21:16   #9
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Stop trolling Tassadar... there is no major country on Earth that doesn't limit immigration!
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Old December 31, 2002, 21:16   #10
Edan
Warlord

My understanding is that nearly all who were arrested a couple of weeks ago were released soon afterwards (with the exception of those with serious immigration offenses/other criminal charges).
Old December 31, 2002, 21:17   #11
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Stop trolling Tassadar...

Please don't talk to me about trolling Imran....

Quote:
here is no major country on Earth that doesn't limit immigration!
No, but arresting people who are trying to become immigrants it taking it slightly too far
Old December 31, 2002, 21:18   #12
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Arresting people who are ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS is done by every country!

There is no law that says illegal immigrants cannot be arrested if they are applying for citizenship. They are still illegal immigrants.
Old December 31, 2002, 21:19   #13
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Arresting people who are ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS is done by every country!
But you see imran, hes APPLYING FOR HIS GREEN CARD! HES NOT TRYING TO BE AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT, HES TRYING TO BE A LEGAL ONE. He didn't come in to plot terrorist attacks. He didn't come in just because he wanted to screw with the INS. He came in because he wants to be a legal resident of the United States of America.

And now will he get arrested for it?
Old December 31, 2002, 21:20   #14
Tuberski

Local Time: 08:32
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

Please don't talk to me about trolling Imran....

No, but arresting people who are trying to become immigrants it taking it slightly too far
He is already in the country illegally, now if he HAD a card that expired, or a work visa, then there is a difference, but she didn't say whether he had those or not.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old December 31, 2002, 21:20   #15
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 06:32
Quote:
Originally posted by Osweld
Noncitizens have plenty of rights but a right to abode without legal documents isn't one of them. Typically persons who marry citizens are expected to fill out their applications before entrence into the country. Filling them out afterwards often means you are in the country illegally and thus can be fined, imprisioned, or deported depending upon the severaty of the offense and the mode of the Judge hearing the case.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old December 31, 2002, 21:21   #16
Edan
Warlord

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I can't believe this is happening in the USA
Quote:

And how could he have known that the US would turn into some sort of state with paranoid delusions?
So that makes it ok to knowingly do something illegally?

"Oh, I didn't think I would be caught" isn't an excuse, even if the government overreacted.
Old December 31, 2002, 21:23   #17
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000 But you see imran, hes APPLYING FOR HIS GREEN CARD! HES NOT TRYING TO BE AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT, HES TRYING TO BE A LEGAL ONE.
Tass: I am glade that he has decided to cease commiting crimes and resolve his legal status, however, the fact remains that his has commited a crime and it is fair that he be asked to pay the penalty for his past offenses.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old December 31, 2002, 21:23   #18
Nubclear

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I can't believe this is happening in the USA
Apparently trying to do the right thing in the United States has so little value that now you'll be arrested for it. And thats outrageous.

This thread is quickly turning into a repeating parrot thread so I'm going to bow out and hope someone else can convince you people of this.
Old December 31, 2002, 21:24   #19
Edan
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000 But you see imran, hes APPLYING FOR HIS GREEN CARD! HES NOT TRYING TO BE AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT, HES TRYING TO BE A LEGAL ONE. He didn't come in to plot terrorist attacks. He didn't come in just because he wanted to screw with the INS. He came in because he wants to be a legal resident of the United States of America.

And now will he get arrested for it?
If I want to go to a police department to report a crime, is it ok for me to steal a car to get there?

Not a perfect analogy, but simmilar enough.
Old December 31, 2002, 21:25   #20
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
HES NOT TRYING TO BE AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT, HES TRYING TO BE A LEGAL ONE.
But he still broke the law and is continuing to break the law by staying in the United States without a green card. Are you asking the INS to ignore the law because he is trying to get his green card?

You can ask Congress to change the law, but I'm not going to want the INS to ignore any law it doesn't like.
Old December 31, 2002, 21:28   #21
Tuberski

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I can't believe this is happening in the USA
Quote:
Apparently trying to do the right thing in the United States has so little value that now you'll be arrested for it. And thats outrageous.

This thread is quickly turning into a repeating parrot thread so I'm going to bow out and hope someone else can convince you people of this.
So basically, you lose so you aren't going to fight anymore?

I left you a lot of openings to agreement and you refused any of them.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old December 31, 2002, 21:37   #22
Nubclear

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I can't believe this is happening in the USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tuberski

So basically, you lose so you aren't going to fight anymore?
No, actually I'm bowing out because (i'm going to simply be blunt) the Americans on this thread are showing their typical ignorance and the type of ignorance being displayed is unfortunately one that cannot be argued with. No matter what I argue, you will continue to have your same train of thought until I finally get exausted of arguing and then you'll simply claim victory. I've seen it over and over again on these boards.

How the mighty have fallen...Its truely a pathetic site. And yes, I know it'll completly enrage every American whos posted in this thread but to be quite blunt: I don't care. I'm moving on with what I percieve to be more important things.

Edit: Oh and one more thing: Suomi!

Last edited by Nubclear; December 31, 2002 at 21:45.
Old December 31, 2002, 21:38   #23
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Tassadar, just go back to your toilet paper line and leave this to people who actually know something about democracy.
Freakin' Russkie.
Old December 31, 2002, 21:40   #24
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 15:32
Re: I can't believe this is happening in the USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tandeetaylor
hi ,

*husband* , ..... that should say it all , .....

have a nice day
Old December 31, 2002, 21:40   #25
Oerdin
Deity

I agree Imran. We must treat everyone equally but demand that everyone obey the law. That is the only way to maintain a civil society. If people oppose a certain law they are welcome to petetion the government to have it changed. This is what we do in a democracy.
Old December 31, 2002, 21:41   #26
Tuberski

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I can't believe this is happening in the USA
Quote:

No, actually I'm bowing out because (i'm going to simply be blunt) the Americans on this thread are showing their typical ignorance and the type of ignorance being displayed is unfortunately one that cannot be argued with. No matter what I argue, you will continue to have your same train of thought until I finally get exausted of arguing and then you'll simply claim victory. I've seen it over and over again on these boards.
What ignorance is that? Ignorance of our laws?

I could spout crap about Russia too, that doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about.

ACK!
Old December 31, 2002, 21:42   #27
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
I agree Imran. We must treat everyone equally but demand that everyone obey the law. That is the only way to maintain a civil society. If people oppose a certain law they are welcome to petetion the government to have it changed. This is what we do in a democracy.
On the other hand, if he is an illegal immigrant, how is he going to petition the government?

ACK!
Old December 31, 2002, 21:42   #28
Ned
King

Local Time: 05:32
I was watching an interesting debate last night on FOX. On one hand, one of the debaters was arguing that we needed to beef up the INS so that we could apprehend and deport the estimated 13 million illega aliens in the US. This person was obviously interested in controlling terrorism.

Another observed that this was not going to happen because there were too many economic interests tied up in having large numbers of immigrants in the US.

This is a political issue that neither the Republicans or Democrats want to address in a serious manner.

I think that we should consider an amnesty program once again so that we can get everyone registered. We need to do this for national security reasons.
Old December 31, 2002, 21:44   #29
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

They just did that crap for Mexicans. JUST DID IT.
Old December 31, 2002, 21:48   #30
Oerdin
Deity

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I can't believe this is happening in the USA
Quote:
It must be pointed out that almost no one ever gets arrested and imprisioned for long for immigration offenses. Most people who were out of complience with the law but whom are now volentarially trying to come into complience on with the law are given a slap on the wrist. The persons who get caught before they try to make amends are the ones who get the book thrown at them.