Old January 30, 2003, 10:46   #61
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 14:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
2 hours left... the clock is ticking Mellian

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old January 30, 2003, 16:27   #62
chairmanmeow
Civilization III Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:38
It's about three hours after the end of Mellian's turn. So I guess it's Jonny's turn now.
Old January 31, 2003, 00:46   #63
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 08:38
I got the file, I will play it as soon as I get the chance.

(That shouldn't be too long from now, it's almost the weekend. )
Old February 1, 2003, 15:14   #64
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Well, my turn started out quiet and peaceful, but by the end, we were at war with two nations.

I'll just briefly tell about the main events.

The Celtic Empire: 1190-1315

1190 - Jonny IV comes to power.

1200-1230 - nothing major.

1240 - The city of River City was built along a river near the Russian border.

1250-1265 - nothing major.

1270 - Copernicus's Observatory was finished in Entremont.
We gave Persia contact with Germany and Russia in exchange for Music Theory and Navigation
Magellan's Voyage is started in Lugdunum.
Gems and contact with Germany is given to the Zulu in exchange for Ivory.
1275 - The Celtic Empire goes into anarchy!
1280 - We become a Republic.
1285 - nothing
1290 - Ottomans demand gems, we refuse to give them Gems. They declare war on us.
1295-1305 - nothing important
1310 - Ottomans sign an alliance with Arabs against us.
1315 - We trade Gems to Persia in exchange for Furs.
We have a ship with 3 units on board that is ready to sail to the Ottoman coast.
Attached Files:
File Type: sav brennus of the celts, 1315 ad.sav (237.2 KB, 2 views)
Old February 1, 2003, 21:59   #65
chairmanmeow
Chieftain

Got it. I'll play it in the morning, I'm too tired for it now.
Old February 2, 2003, 13:56   #66
chairmanmeow
Chieftain

1320 AD - Meow IV becomes Chairman of the Celt Republic. Metallurgy is completed, and Physics is started.

1325 AD - The buget for science is increased from 40 to 50 percent. Magellan's Voyage is completed in Arbela (Persia). Three units land on the Ottoman coast.

1330 AD - An attack on Bolu is defeated.

1335 AD - The Persians land a knight near Port Wine. Units were taken from the Maginot Line to protect Port Wine. Babylonia demands incence, but Meow IV refuses, so the Babylonians decide to be jackasses and declare war.

1340-1345 AD - The Maginot Line is rebuilt.

1350 AD - Peace is negotiated between the Celts and Arabia.

1355 AD - Lugdunum build Forbidden Palace (I forgot it was set to that after Magellan's Voyage as a placeholder...)

1360 AD - Another boat is prepared to sail to the Ottoman coast with three units

1365 AD - Peace is negotiated with the Ottoman Empire, with the Celts giving 39 gold and 5 per turn.

1370 AD - The science budget is raised back to 50%, and to balance the budget, Meow IV lowers the happiness budget to 0%.

1375 AD - Meow IV, exhausted from the chaos of his reign over the Celts, retires to Kitty City, where he is killed by a lion, possibly provoked by Russians in Kitty City.
Attached Files:
File Type: sav brennus of the celts, 1375 ad.sav (237.6 KB, 4 views)
Old February 3, 2003, 17:53   #67
Giovanni Wine
King

Got it, will play tomorrow

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old February 6, 2003, 00:56   #68
Jonny

Giovanni's time has expired.

That would make it Mellian's turn.
Old February 6, 2003, 18:24   #69
Giovanni Wine
King

Ooops.. sorry guys.. but I had some trouble at school... however I'm still in for the next turn.

Sorry again

Saluti
Old February 8, 2003, 00:31   #70
Jonny

Mellian now has about 24 hours to play her turns.
Old February 11, 2003, 00:07   #71
Jonny

Well...

Mellian's turn has expired.
Most of my turn is gone too, and I won't be able to play in my remaining time.

So...
It is now chairmanmeow's turn.
Old February 11, 2003, 08:07   #72
chairmanmeow
Chieftain

Ok, I already have it on my computer, and I'll play it tomorrow evening. I don't have time for it today (unless they cancel school for the snow and I am able to finish my English assignment...)
Old February 13, 2003, 16:21   #73
chairmanmeow
Chieftain

Oops... I completely forgot about it. My turn ended four hours ago, so it's Giovanni's turn now.
Old February 14, 2003, 00:01   #74
Jonny

OK, Giovanni's up.
Old February 14, 2003, 10:39   #75
Giovanni Wine
King

LOL

So we are back to me without playing a single turn in between LOL

Ok, I shall play either tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Saluti
Old February 15, 2003, 21:39   #76
Giovanni Wine
King

1375: King Giovanni Wine IV rise to power in the Celting Repubblic, he is the forth of the glorious family to have the honous of serving as Consul of his glorious nation.

1380: Traded Physics for Printing Press and Banking with the Germans, and we started a trade deal with the Ottomans, we sell them Gems for 20 gold per turn. (this should make up for the fact we are paying them 5 gold per turn to live in peace).

1385 - 1405: Nothing much

1405: Military Tradition discovered, Maginot Line started to be upgraded to Cavalry (we should later strike on Russia)

1430: Arabia and Babylon sign a trade embargo against us, Ottomans declare war on Germany

1455: Peace signed with Babylon, they give up 9 gold plus 1 gold per turn, after that we have attacked their city of Elipp (even if we lost the battle)

1460: Democracy discovered, and after a quick revolution the celtic government, and Giovanni Wine IV is elected President of the Celtic Democracy with a 100% majority, mainly because he was the only candidate

1475: President Giovanni Wine IV resign from office, and retire on the ancient city of his family: Giovanni Vinorum.

P.S. : Our army is ready to strike against the Russians, just attack them, I would have done it, but my 20 turns ended before I could.
After Russia we should still have a good fighting force, which with a few reinforcements we could use to attack the Germans as well, and take control of our continent.

Mellian's turn (if she's still around)

Saluti
Old February 15, 2003, 21:41   #77
Giovanni Wine
King

Forgot to attach the file
Attached Files:
File Type: sav brennus - celts, 1475 d.c..sav (247.7 KB, 1 views)
Old February 16, 2003, 00:22   #78
Jonny

Well, I just checked Mellian's profile. Her last post was on 27 January, in this thread. She seems to have disappeared. Perhaps we should just skip her, since she has missed her last two turns?
Old February 16, 2003, 08:07   #79
Giovanni Wine
King

Ok.... your turn then.

Saluti
Old February 18, 2003, 00:35   #80
Jonny

I've played my turns. Actually... I got distracted and played a few turns more than 20 turns, don't shoot me! These were very eventful times.

1475 - Jonny the Some Number becomes President of the Celtic Empire.

1475 to 1490 are years preparing for the Russian War. More Cavalry is built, and moved to the Russian border.

1495 comes, and we declare war on Russia. We move our forces into their borders, but we don't attack any of their units to avoid hurting our already terrible reputation.

1500 is a great year for the Celtic Empire, as Odessa, Moscow, and Dnepropetrovsk fall to the Celtic Cavalry. Those cities are defended only with Spearmen. The remainder of the Russian Army is generally made up of archers, horsemen, and longbowmen.

1505, we move forces into the captured cities.

In 1510, Resistance ends in the captured cities, and we rush-build temples in those cities. We discover Free Artistry, and Entremont begins to build Shakespeare's theater. We trade Democracy and Military Tradition to Arabs for Magnetism, their World Map, and 4 gold.
However, the Arabs never benefit from these new technologies, as the next message that appears is "The rampaging Ottoman forces have destroyed the Arabs."
Also, Ur builds Newton's University.

In 1520 and 1525, we prepare for the next wave of attacks on Russian cities.

In 1530, the City of Vladivostok falls to our Cavalry. Also, we advance into the Industral Age. All civs except Russia are in the Industrial Age. We start researching Steam Power, with the hope that we can get it before other civs and then trade it.

In 1535, Shakepeare's theater was built somewhere else. (I forget where.)

In 1540, our Cavalry lands near the City of Kharkov in the far north. Also, the Babylonians demand some of our newly conquered Incense. We say no, they declare war on us.

In 1545, both Kharkov and St. Petersburg fall to our forces, now the Russians only have 2 cities left.

In 1550, the Cavalry approach the cities of Krasnoyarsk and Astrakhan.

Those 2 cities fall in 1555. The Russians are no more.

In 1560-1570, we are consolidating the gains made in the war, and fixing things such as unhappiness and resistance in the new cities.

In 1575, We discover Steam Power, and immediately trade it to the Zulu in exchange for Medicine. One source of coal is barely in our borders near Vladivosok. We begin researching Sanitation, which no one has at the moment, so that we can trade it for (hopefully) Nationalism.

In 1580, Jonny retires after a long and great Presidency. 8 cities were gained during this time.

Note: Some of the cities in the South, such as Entremont, were set to Wealth as there were no more improvements to build and no immediate need for military units. After we get Sanitation, perhaps you should set them to Hospitals. Also, we are still at war with Babylon, hopefully we can get peace soon. (They still won't talk to us right now.)

Also, the captured cities were renamed as follows:
Moscow stays the same.
Dnepropetrovsk -> Russian Blood
Odessa -> Port of Russia
St Petersburg -> City of Spices
Vladivostok -> Carbon Town
Krasnoyarsk -> Horseborough
Astrakhan -> Mountainville
Kharkov -> New Jonnyopolis

The File:
Attached Files:
File Type: sav brennus of the celts, 1580 ad.sav (247.8 KB, 1 views)
Old February 18, 2003, 11:23   #81
chairmanmeow
Chieftain

Got it.
Old February 18, 2003, 18:42   #82
chairmanmeow
Chieftain

1580 - Meow becomes President of the Celt Democracy. Meow orders a new Maginot Line to be built along the German border.

1585 - A peace treaty is signed with the Babylonians.

1590 - Civil Disorder breaks out in four cities, and the Clown Patrol swells with new members.

1595 - Nothing much.

1600 - Nothing much.

1605 - Meow tries to negotiate with the Ottomans for Nationalism, but the only way the Ottomans would agree to give up Nationalism is if the Celts signed an alliance against Persia, and Meow decided not to go to war against Persia.

1610 -

1615 -

1620 - Sanitation is discovered. Meow tries to use it to get Nationalism, but nobody is willing to give up Nationalism, so Meow declares war on Germany, just to have some fun...

Heidelburg is taken by the glorious Celt Cavalry. A battle to the northwest of Heidelburg results in the rise of the great leader Vercingetorix, and the cavalry unit that won the battle is renamed the Rough Riders (although Theodore Roosevelt obviously wasn't a Celt)

1625 - Hamburg falls to the Celt Cavalry.

1630 - The Germans move a large stack into Celt territory near Hamburg.

1635 - Mr. Long-name, the Great Leader, arrives in Entremont. Meow decides to keep him there until a Great Wonder becomes available.

1640 -

1645 - Peace is signed with Germany. Germany gives Nationalism, and the Celts give Sanitation.

1650 - The governor of Heidelburg is deposed by rebels. The Germans still had units fortified in Celt territory, so Meow politely asked Bismarck to withdraw his forces, and that jackass replied by declaring war.

1655 - Heidelburg is recaptured.

Note: Industrialization will be finished in 1660. You may want to use the great leader to build Universal Suffrage.
Attached Files:
File Type: sav brennus of the celts, 1655 ad.sav (246.5 KB, 1 views)
Old February 20, 2003, 19:26   #83
Jonny

Oh, Giovanni? Where are you?

You have about 23 hours left...
Old February 20, 2003, 19:41   #84
Giovanni Wine
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny
Oh, Giovanni? Where are you?

You have about 23 hours left...
LOL.. Sorry

I was about to forget it... too manu NESes

I shall play tomorrow afternoon (CET) (which means early morning for you)

Saluti
Old February 21, 2003, 13:01   #85
Giovanni Wine
King

1655: Giovanni Wine V is elected President of the Celtic Democracy, as his first task he look at the status with Germany, and he sees many german troops near the border, and not a single defensive Celtic unit around, very very bad.
He so decides to enter war time mobilization

1660: Our troops fights bravely in the defense of Hamburg and Horseborough, losing two cavalry but killing 2 Cavalry and 1 Medieval Infantry. (which accounting we were defending is extremely lucky), we discover Industralization, and we soon exchange it, together with Sanitation for Communism with the Persians, the workers of the Celtic Empire soons start a big revolution, and our glorious Empire fells into Anarchy.

1665: The Red Revolution succed the old president Giovanni Wine V is killed and decapited in the pubblic square of Entremont, his brother, Giovanni Wine VI takes his place as the Comrade of the Union of the Celtic Socialist Repubblics.
The Germans captured Hamburg, 3 of our cavalry fought bravely killing 2 Germans cvalry and one longbowman, but on the end a German Horseman managed to breake through the defensive lines and capture the city and the workers inside, but on the other hand our cavalry managed to capture the city of Salzburg in the northern island

1670: The city of Horseborough fought bravely against superior German forces, one cavarly fall on the enemy fire for us, but 3 of them were killed or seriously wounded by us.

1675: The defense of Horseborough destroyed many attacks, but on the last run the German Horseman, the same of Hamburg captured the city, I’m starting to think that that Horseman is actually a new German UU .. a German invasion force is defeated near Salzburg.

1680: A German Cavalry ARMY is approaching Carbon City, by looking at it Giovanni Wine remembered about Vercingetorix and created a Celtic Army as well

1685: the German Army is defeated by a grand attack of a Celtic cavalry, the Cavalryman have been upgraded to Elite Class, Giovanni Wine sees that the Germans are now willing to discuss peace terms with him, and he quickly settle for peace before it could be too late, the Germans accepted to pay 10 gold per turn in exchange for peace.

1690: We started to rearm, in order to be better off for a future war against Germany, we also make some trade deals abroad: We give the Babs Gems and Spice for Silks and the Zulus Incense and Spice for Furs

1695 – 1725: Our rearment is proceeding fast, we already have many many cavalry near the German border

1730: We discover electricity and work towards Replacable parts.. which we notice the Germans already have (darn), The Ottomans accepted to give us 13 gold per turn plus dyes in exchange for Gems

1735 – 1752: Nothing much, production switched back to civil improvements in most cities

Saluti

P.S. BEFORE attacking the Germans, we should build a good railroad to the front, last time the Germans beated us only because they had railroad (and because we had absolutly no defense on our border cities) ... now we have an Iron resource near Salzburg (renamed Gionsburg) let’s use it to build our railroad.. and than we can attack the Germans and take the whole continent for ourselves. A worker in a Caravel is heading toward the Iron of Gionsburg, use it to build a colony.
Attached Files:
File Type: sav brennus - celts, 1752 d.c..sav (267.0 KB, 1 views)
Old February 22, 2003, 00:50   #86
Jonny

I have the file.
Old February 22, 2003, 17:38   #87
Jonny

Comrade Jonny came to power in 1754.

In 1756, as Jonny began a program of building up our forces for another war with Germany, they launch a sneak attack with cavalry. Luckily, our defenses hold.

In 1758, we destroy most of the forces that invaded us. We also liberate Horseborough from the Germans.

In 1760, we capture Heidelburg.

In 1762, one of our saltpeter sources dissapeared, but we still have another. Alesia begins to build Military Academy, and Richborough begins the Heroic Epic. Our Iron Colony is established on the Northern Island.

In 1764, some minor skirmishes occur, but that's all.

In 1766, we trade Electricity to the Babylonians for the Corporation. We also trade Incense and The Corporation to the Zulu for Furs and 3 GPT, as our previous trade deal expired.

The Ottomans finished Universal Suffrage in 1768.

In 1770, the Germans take back Heidelburg.

But in 1772, we take back Heidelburg. Also, a new source of Saltpeter is found in our territory, and Replaceable Parts is discover, and there is rubber in our territory.

In the years 1774 - 1780, the only things happening are small skirmishes with the Germans.

In 1782, we signed a peace treaty with the Germans, and we got the city of Dortmund on the Northern Island. We renamed Heidelburg to Zeus and renamed Dortmund to A Cold Place. Also, the Heroic Epic was finished in Richborough.

In 1784, nothing much happened.

In 1786, Scientific Method was discovered. We begin researching Atomic Theory. Entremont starts to build Theory of Evolution, and Battlefield Medicine was moved to another city. Then, later that year, Jonny was asassinated by an anarchist.

The File:
Attached Files:
File Type: sav brennus of the celts, 1786 ad.sav (272.1 KB, 1 views)
Old February 26, 2003, 11:22   #88
Giovanni Wine
King

I believe chaimanmeow's time has expired

I got the file and shall play now.

Saluti
Old February 26, 2003, 13:35   #89
Giovanni Wine
King

Ok... here I'm back

1786: Comrade Giovanni Wine VII, the grandsom of Giovanni wine VI, which did the communist revolution against his brother Giovanni Wine V, rose into power into the Celtic Union.
His main goals are to create an efficient Rail road system and to bring some great projects into the Celtic Empire, which will lead the Celts to great wealth, such as the Hoover Dam.

1796: Germany and Zulu declares war against the Babylonian, Sultan Osman of the Ottomans convince us to declare war on Babylon as well by giving us 17 gold per turn for the time our alliance will last.

1800: At the outbreak of the 19th centuries our scentist finally discover the theory of evolution, this had eventually gave us several new knowledges of the world around us.
The Ottomans accept to buy from us Athomic theory for 45 gold per turn, refining, 8 gold slump sum, and ivory.... calling it a FAIR DEAL

1808: The Zulus offer us Furs, 8 gold per turn, 3 gold lump and Espionage in exchange for refining.

1820: The Ottomans threaten us to give them Saltpeper, as I don’t want to lose their money I give in, however I later sell them Eletronics for 138 gold per turn and 1240 gold lump sum
The Ottomans started building the Hoover Dam, but ours will be completed in 24 turns, while their city (Damascus) will take at least 120 turns to complete it (they took a 4 size tundra city far away from their mainland ). By adding together all our deals with the Ottomans they give us 213 gold per turn, Ivory abd Dyes, while we give them Gems and Saltpeper.

1822: We discored Steel, and we quickly sell it to the Ottomans for another 78 gold per turn and 350 lump sum , with all the money we gat from the Ottomans we managed to place our science to 100% and still gain 92 gold per turn.

1824: The last piece of Railroad of the great railroad project have been placed, now the workers of the Celtic Empire are able to travel from Jonnypolis to Zeus in only a few days of travel.

1826: During one of his many trips to Istambul, Comrade Giovanni Wine VII’s ship was sinked by a privateer, leaving the leadership of the Celtic Empire on the hand of the Politburo

Saluti
Attached Files:
File Type: sav brennus - celts, 1826 d.c..sav (277.5 KB, 1 views)
Old February 26, 2003, 23:38   #90
Jonny

I have the file.