Old January 3, 2003, 23:07   #31
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 08:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by aleion
I whole hartedly agree with donegeal. RP has nothing to do with Slavery in this GAME!!!!!!!!!!!
actually integrating slaves into cities has a political reasons not just moral reasons. I support it not for a moral reasons, so we should all drop talking about morality of slavery right now.

We probably will use natives in population challenged cities like spiffor said but for large urban areas, if we can add two slaves instead of a native we can get more bonus.

Oh and how many of our slaves are from extinct civlization and from currently existing civilization?
Old January 4, 2003, 13:51   #32
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 15:38
Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteBandit

I did read Shiber's post and in fact I will quote here for reference:

Shiber is thinking of the worst possible scenario where all tiles are currently occupied. However this scenario can be renamed the "Long Term View." Because the longer we leave the FREE labor out there and instead intigrate our domestic workers into the cities, the cities will actually be making more money for us especially since the labor does not have to be supported.

I do think the last part of Shiber's post is flawed however. In most cases, yes a worker will probably have a tile they will need to work. In this case, the productivity of the worker (whether a foreign worker or a domestic worker) is EXACTLY the same in the city. So in the long run, if we integrate all our domestic workers into the cities first, we not only acheive exactly the same productivity in our cities, we actually GAIN money because we aren't supporting any workers, Instead they are MAKING us money plus we will still have a large labor pool.
hi ,

and when they become taxmen they shall have been integrated a long time ago , ......

have a nice day
Old January 4, 2003, 13:52   #33
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
This veto is ILLEGAL.
hi ,

no it aint

have a nice day
Old January 4, 2003, 13:53   #34
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MJW
I want this to go to court.
hi ,

on what grounds , ........

have a nice day
Old January 4, 2003, 14:01   #35
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

I'm glad to see that the threads before have not been useless. The government has entered the discussion. At last there is a good chance on equality before the law.

Thanks to the government.

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old January 4, 2003, 14:09   #36
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aidun
I'm glad to see that the threads before have not been useless. The government has entered the discussion. At last there is a good chance on equality before the law.

Thanks to the government.

Aidun
hi ,

at least one thank you note , thanks

have a nice day
Old January 4, 2003, 18:12   #37
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Quote:
Originally posted by donegeal
While I agree that the Bill was restrictive on the DM and there for agree that it should have been vetoed, I personally will not let RP interfer with actual game play.

"Slavery is morally wrong."

ITS A FREAKING GAME!

So what is best in game play, not RP. This is why the razing of Hamburg and Stuttgard was fine. It was in the best interest of the game. Keep RP out of politics!

Plus, look at Greece. They Raze. Do you think they will intergrate German workers into their cities? No. And why wont they? Because they are free!

The entire point of these on going discussions and polls is utterly ridiculous. It shouldn't even be a topic.
Old January 5, 2003, 17:15   #38
aleion
NationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy Game
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny

quote:

Originally posted by donegeal
While I agree that the Bill was restrictive on the DM and there for agree that it should have been vetoed, I personally will not let RP interfer with actual game play.

"Slavery is morally wrong."

ITS A FREAKING GAME!

So what is best in game play, not RP. This is why the razing of Hamburg and Stuttgard was fine. It was in the best interest of the game. Keep RP out of politics!

Plus, look at Greece. They Raze. Do you think they will intergrate German workers into their cities? No. And why wont they? Because they are free!

The entire point of these on going discussions and polls is utterly ridiculous. It shouldn't even be a topic.

I also agree!!