And yes it is accurate
Old January 3, 2003, 21:09   #33
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Local Time: 08:40
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I knew as soon as I hit 'submit', that it was a really bad idea.
Old January 3, 2003, 21:09   #34
Seneca
King

Local Time: 13:40
Now, I could forgive the presumption, if some random bunch of charlatans on a random website had the nerve to guess my personality from a risibly small set of obvious questions.

It's the getting it right I can't forgive.

(I do like the sun though - it's only this sodding climate and the 9-5 which hampers the suntan)
Old January 3, 2003, 21:11   #35
Blackwidow24
Queen

Yes, well I am in a forgiving mood tonight..

Wait a minute.....DIIIIIIEEEEEEEE
Old January 3, 2003, 21:12   #36
Blackwidow24
Queen

Come on Slow, look at my face, I am harmless
Truly, simply and completely harmless
Old January 3, 2003, 21:47   #37
lightblue
Warlord

Local Time: 14:40
You are either a Owl or a Sable personality.
But you may also be a Wolf personality.

From the descriptions probably more a mix of Wolf and Sable rather than Owl, so my internal animal is a Wable, or maybe even a Woble.
It’s a great art, is rowing. It’s the finest art there is. It’s a symphony of motion. And when you reach perfection, you are touching the divine. It touches the you of yous – which is your soul. George Pocock
What fun is that? Why all that hard, exhausting work? Where does it get you? What is the good of it? It is one of the strange ironies of life that those who work the hardest, who subject themselves to the strictest discipline, who give up certain pleasurable things in order to achieve a goal, are the happiest. Brutus Hamilton
Old January 3, 2003, 21:52   #38
Seneca
King

Womble?
Old January 3, 2003, 22:03   #39
self biased
staff
Civilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Civilization V News Editor

Local Time: 09:40
Genera and species: Tyto Alba
Collective Term: A parliament of owls
Description
The owl is the tranquil face of the bird personalities. A creature of great integrity, its quiet serene demeanor accords it an air of mystery and diffidence and it is known as the serene, wise observer of human society. Always well groomed, it is a noble individual with elegantly chiseled features that borders on the fine edge of beauty and homeliness. It's large eyes are often framed by handsome eyeglasses.

But like all birds, the owl has a penchant for remaining above the fray and can be quite eccentric in maintaining their individuality. With a tendency to lose themselves in the pursuit of knowledge, owls are prone to disconnect with the relationships that are so important to them. But, they are the first to admit their shortcomings and manage to disarm their critics with a genuinely humble self-appraisal. Abraham Lincoln used this technique rather effectively in his reign as president.

Owls have developed quite a reputation for intelligence but it's really their calm and insightful nature that gives this impression. Instead of an intellectual approach to life they use their deeper spiritual senses to guide them, and like their nocturnal cohort the bats, have a deeply philosophical bent.

Unlike the terrestrial creatures, the owl is not a prisoner of its sex-drive, but with its air of refined sensuality is hardly shy about throwing itself into the physical aspects of a relationship. When it focuses its sharp ardor on its lover it ignites a steamy and animated encounter. The owl views sex as a complement to its relationships and certainly not as a key component. It would do well to recognize the significance of physical affection outside the bedroom, for its partner is often starved for non-sexual reassurance.

A discussion with an owl is both enlightening and challenging. It somehow manages to spin the most mundane subjects into philosophical musings on the nature of humanity and the state of the world. While these discussions are provocative and engaging, they often obscure the real purpose of communication -- the revealing of one's heart and mind. Take heed, wise owl. Remember that sometimes things are just what they seem!

but i prefer this one...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	azemiops2.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	33110  
Old January 3, 2003, 22:12   #40
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 05:40
Congratulations. (You passed the test.)

You are either a Owl or a Sable personality.

NOTE: Although you share characteristics with these animals, you are ONLY one of these personality types..
Read the descriptions of each animal to determine which one you are.

Ah well the best line I like was,

Quote:
sable sometimes feels pressured into leadership roles that it has no desire to fill, and even though it's not known to be particularly soft-hearted, it's the first person to offer a hand to someone in need.

Mis Novias
Old January 3, 2003, 23:10   #41
orange
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Congratulations. (You passed the test.)

You are either a Baboon or a Otter personality.
But you may also be a Fox personality.

NOTE: Although you share characteristics with these animals, you are ONLY one of these personality types..
Read the descriptions of each animal to determine which one you are.
Baboon?!?!?

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui
Old January 3, 2003, 23:14   #42
orange
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I think I have aspects of all three, but the fox seems to fit best IMO

Quote:
Description
Appealing and cerebral and of average size, the fox is a close relative of both the wolf and dog personalities and displays typical canine qualities of loyalty, passion and creativity. Largely misunderstood to be a shy, retreating individual, it's the fox's unique stature as a small carnivore that defines its survival strategy. Because it cannot succeed in the world using brute force alone, it must rely on its sharp mind and engaging personality to garner resources, and it consequently spends a lot of time in its head -- giving the impression that it's trying to outsmart its friends. So the fox is often surprised to learn that its intellectual pursuits are intimidating.

So, the fox tempers its serious nature with a sardonic sense of humor and engaging playfulness while interacting with its eclectic community. It expects others to be as honest about their strengths and shortcomings as it is of its own, and while these high expectations don't make the fox a snob, it expects its friends to first demonstrate their worthiness before returning the favor with loyalty and devotion.

Foxes are typically successful in the work place but their competitiveness and ambition sometimes makes coworkers feel belittled. They would never deliberately take advantage of others, but their single-mindedness often blinds them to their feelings. So they thrive in their own businesses and like to surround themselves with family and friends in these ventures. Although they demand consensus in all decisions, they dominate discussions and steer the plans to reflect their own agenda.

A discussion with a fox is invariably stimulating and challenging. Its great curiosity and worldly experience makes it a wonderful conversationalist and it's able to hold forth on a number of different topics with ease. Sometimes, however, the fox will view a conversation as a competitive challenge, which proves to be off-putting and annoying to its companions.

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui
Old January 3, 2003, 23:26   #43
monolith94
Mac
Emperor

I'm a rooster!
"Roosters are those talented, creative, but somewhat eccentric people who make life interesting for the rest of us. Their bird-like minds are always on the lookout for stimulation and roosters display the characteristically high-energy behavior of their species. They are artistic, creative, and sophisticated with a thorough knowledge of fine wines, cooking, writing, theater and painting. Subscribing to the early bird maxim, roosters rise a little earlier than their competition and could even be accused of having their fingers in too many pies. For the world is so fascinating to the rooster, that settling down into any one career would be impossibly constricting. Unfortunately, their earning potential can suffer in a competitive world that rewards specialization. But, roosters will succeed when they choose a career that presents a variety of challenges, such as medicine, publishing, journalism, or acting. "
Also a touch of porcupine too.
Albert Speer
Old January 4, 2003, 00:53   #44
Blackwidow24
Queen

all you weaklings shall bow to my badgernessssssssssss
Old January 4, 2003, 01:01   #45
Seneca
King

Quote:
if you ever do a favor for a bat, it will never relax until it has paid you back
You know it makes sense. I take Delta, Visa, Cheques...
Old January 4, 2003, 01:02   #46
Seneca
King

swoops away from potentially confrontational situation
Old January 4, 2003, 01:12   #47
Drake Tungsten
Deity

I was a porcupine.
Old January 4, 2003, 02:13   #48
Neutrino
Settler

Quote:
Mole
Genera and species: Condylura Cristata
Collective Term: A labor of moles
Description
It's easy to recognize the mole personality. For one thing, they have a pasty complexion and are usually seen in late night coffee shop, jazz bars, or underground clubs. To avoid drawing attention to themselves, they favor dark clothing and sunglasses and are the first people to volunteer for the graveyard shift.

The mole is a smallish individual with far more power than its flaccid body suggests, although its strength is more mental than physical. With its ability to focus on the job at hand, there is no situation from which a mole cannot extricate itself.

There's something compelling about the mole personality, and in the early sixties it was quite fashionable to be a mole in the form of a creative and philosophical beatnik -- expressing angst through music and poetry. Bob Dylan and John Lennon carried the mole standard into the seventies, but the fashion largely died and moles were forced back underground.

Moles are restless and although constantly engaged in activity, they never seem to get anything done and despite their drab appearance, they have extremely sharp minds and are excellent problem solvers. As reflected in their determined burrowing through difficult terrain, moles prefer solutions with straight lines rather than having to go around problems. When confronted with difficult issues, they never give up -- hacking away with dogged determination until the answer is found. This attribute makes them perfect for jobs in engineering, accounting or diagnostic work.

Sex is not the most important thing in the mole's life but if there is one animal personality that can push all the right buttons; it would be its soul mate, the bat. (like Yoko Ono) The bat and the mole share a love for dark intimacy and when these two get together, black magic is bound to happen.
Hmm...
Old January 4, 2003, 02:28   #49
DarthVeda
Emperor

A walrus eh?
Old January 4, 2003, 06:03   #50
Ishtar
Settler

I'm either a bison, elephant or walrus....but really, after reading the descriptions...I think it's a combination of the three....how bout that....a "new" animal. :-D
Old January 4, 2003, 06:10   #51
Wernazuma III
Spanish CiversCivilization III PBEMNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 15:40
Porcupine or bat, maybe beaver
Old January 4, 2003, 07:12   #52
Bas
Prince

A bat or a horse, but I may also be a gorilla.
Old January 4, 2003, 07:21   #53
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:40
You are either a Penguin or a Bat personality.
But you may also be a Walrus personality.
Old January 4, 2003, 07:26   #54
Bas
Prince

A bat seems to be the closest of the three, though.
Old January 4, 2003, 08:06   #55
Proteus_MST
King

I´m a bat (and somehow it fits )

http://www.animalinyou.com/Bat.htm
Old January 4, 2003, 09:06   #56
Patriqvium
Prince

A Zebra. Quite interesting.
Old January 4, 2003, 21:25   #57
Graag
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

A snake and a bat.

Which I was quite surprised and pleased with really... I always had quite an affinity with snakes

Quote:
Pity the cold-blooded snakes. Without arms, wings or flippers, they are forced to slink through life in a solitary quest for warmth and acceptance. Shy and insecure, they must keep a low profile to avoid the disapproving glances and teasing of others. Of course, their poisonous wit and quick tongues help to keep tormentors at bay.

As a child its small frame was no defense against the taunts of the playground bullies, so its sharply vicious attacks were adopted as means of protection. Snakes have no illusions about getting breaks in life and while they see doors opening for others, they have resigned themselves to staying in their lowly, entry level positions. So don't try and humor the snake, for it has reconciled itself to its subservient position.

With their intimate connection to the earth and their unique perspective on life, snakes have learned to express themselves through their art. Whether writers, moviemakers or painters, they are obsessively meticulous about their craft. Every now and then, one makes an impact on the art world and is thrust into the spotlight. But the snake recoils from the glare of publicity, and its behavior becomes even more erratic than usual. Woody Allen, the proverbial snake, comes to mind.

In winter, the cold-blooded snake is miserable. It just can't cope in the low temperature that seeps in through its thin skin, affecting its mood and sapping its energy. Prone to colds and flu, they are pathetic sights as they snivel and cough throughout the season. But when summer returns with its warmth and light, the snakes' moods brighten and their spirits soar.

Snakes are not fussy about their choice of jobs. As cold blooded personalities they perform best when given warmth and kindness and will accept almost any job, provided they feel secure and trusted. However, if they feel mistrusted, they live up to their reputation and return the disloyalty. Consequently, they are often relegated to menial jobs in the fast-food industry or as unskilled labor.

It's not easy for snakes to disguise themselves. Even their speech betrays their reptilian heritage -- for snakes often have a slight lisp or stutter. This doesn't do much to help their self- esteem and they're more likely to spend their evenings quietly at home, than boogying down in a nightclub.

For all their vulnerabilities, snakes exude mysterious sexual ooze that seeps into the senses of even the most discriminating people. This is not love that we're talking about -- it's a deep reptilian desire for forbidden fruit -- of which we are all familiar.
As much as I claim to believe these tests are BS, I habitually do them whenever I see a new one, and I've been surprised more than once by some very simple tests... I remember one a few years ago which I thought was amazing, I showed a lot of friends and most agreed it was uncanny for it's simplicity. Think it may have had something to do with Jungian ideas.

If anyone knows of any good personality tests, please post, I am insatiable. In fact post even if the test is balls, it'll kill a few minutes.
Old January 4, 2003, 21:28   #58
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Hmmm, that snake description would probably fit me in many ways also...mind you, I expect we can twist just about any of these explanations to fit ourselves...

...so I am just an animal

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old January 4, 2003, 21:37   #59
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Well, test to your heart's content, Graag.
This site has LOTS of test.

http://www.selectsmart.com/
Old January 4, 2003, 21:37   #60
Graag
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Quote:
I expect we can twist just about any of these explanations to fit ourselves...
Yes this is always the first thing I check when doing a personality test; how general the results are. This to me is final proof astrology is BS, that almost all the personality types and forecasts can apply equally to pretty much anyone.
But this test is fairly good, I investigated a couple of the possible alternatives, and they seemed much less applicable to my personality type than the snake and bat. Good test!

Though I also take great issue with the dolphin description. David c*nting Hasselhof my arse.