Local Time: 13:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Inter Site Demo Game Invitation
Hi all, CDgroups Demo Game would like to invite you to join
us in an inter-site PBEM demo game. Basic rules to be as
normal demo game with the exact rules to be worked out between
the sites. We are also sending this invitation to CivFanatics
and to 1BigCommunity and we would be honoured if you would join
us in this attempt to make the demo game truly community wide!

We have made a provisional thread to recieve initial responses to this idea at..

InterSite Demo Discussions

Please come join us friends and lets get the demo community to really come together!

/Pres OmniMower of Elucidia

Last edited by OmniMower; January 4, 2003 at 21:49.
Old January 5, 2003, 21:28   #2
kentonio
Civilization III Democracy Game
Chieftain

Ok had some interest from Apolyton members. You guys reckon you'll be able to get a team together? 1BigCOmmunity are up for it as are we at CDG. would be nice to get the whole community playing this one together.

Kentonio
Old January 5, 2003, 21:42   #3
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:45
Looks cool. I'd definitely join an Apolyton team if one was formed, but I doubt I'd be very active; two demogames is enough for me.
Old January 5, 2003, 22:01   #4
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 05:45
There's was big talk back in the day before PTW came out about an inter-site demo game.....but ever since the Apolyton demo game splintered off into seperate PTW demo games, then I think the interest was just lost out.

Who knows?

I agree, I'm involved in my own PBEM games, the democracy game and the PTW democracy game. It's alot to catch up on....
Old January 5, 2003, 23:01   #5
kentonio
Chieftain

We too are caught up in several games right now as are 1BC. The plan is to spend a month or two discussing the rules and making sure everything ready and then play. Hopefully by that time some other stuff will be coming to an end.

Kentonio
Old January 5, 2003, 23:02   #6
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 07:45
The Apolyton is an intersite demo. It's just that the only other site that was interested was the German site that formed Neu Demogyptia.

I'd be willing to sign up for the new one if we are going to get a group together.
Old January 5, 2003, 23:12   #7
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:45
One of the Issues that had came up during the forming of our PTW Demo Games, was the need for team Forums. This allows us to have private discussions & Plans.

How can this be done between several sites with that in mind?

E_T
Old January 5, 2003, 23:58   #8
kentonio
Chieftain

All I can suggest is you ask your forum mod to set up a private forum for your government. This is how we will be doing it at CDG.

Kentonio
Old January 6, 2003, 02:21   #9
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Between the PTW DG and a bunch of other things I'm doing at the moment, you'll have to count me out of this one... sorry. Keep some updates at this site though, if you guys do start something up!
Old January 6, 2003, 02:30   #10
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
There's was big talk back in the day before PTW came out about an inter-site demo game.....but ever since the Apolyton demo game splintered off into seperate PTW demo games, then I think the interest was just lost out.

Who knows?

I agree, I'm involved in my own PBEM games, the democracy game and the PTW democracy game. It's alot to catch up on....
c3dg, PTW demo game, 2 PBEM game, RL. At least its between semesters (winter break). Yet somehow, winter break makes me more busy.
Old January 6, 2003, 06:05   #11
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Calc II

c3dg, PTW demo game, 2 PBEM game, RL. At least its between semesters (winter break). Yet somehow, winter break makes me more busy.
I hear ya....for sure.

Meshelic
Chairman, Labor Party
Old January 6, 2003, 21:55   #12
kentonio
Chieftain

Good news, looks like CFC have enough people interested after all. Naervod has raised around 10 people straight away to play so it looks like they are game on.

Kentonio
Old January 6, 2003, 22:20   #13
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Well, I don't have PTW, so I can't play . If Apolyton joins, I'll lend my membership to the team, but I shouldn't be counted as anything until I have PTW and can serve some function.

-- adaMada
Old January 6, 2003, 23:08   #14
Sheik
King

It is a good idea and I probably would join but with this game and a Hotseat game going on with some friends I am almost civved out. I think that if an Apolyton team had a lot of members we could pull it off but even this game struggles to find officers so I don't think we're ready.

Sell your photos
Old January 6, 2003, 23:24   #15
Meshelic
King

Well it population shouldn't be a problem, there was HUGE support for the PTW demo game we have going on when it first started, so I'm sure we could get enough people involved.

I for one, am hampered by a few things here and there, but would still love to join.

Setting up a team forum that is private would be no different than when MarkG set up the private forums for OUR teams, it would just be one more forum. No big deal, although I am clueless as to how much work really goes into creating such a thing.

Either way, I'm up for the challenge...
Old January 7, 2003, 00:20   #16
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

As long as we can attach files in that forum...

E_T
Old January 7, 2003, 00:28   #17
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
As long as we can attach files in that forum...

E_T
Very good point, E_T, this is a MUST
Old January 7, 2003, 22:03   #18
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

I still cant attach files. Maaaaaarrrrrrk!!!!!!!!
Old January 8, 2003, 16:30   #19
kentonio
Chieftain

Ok guys, discussion thread is now open over at 1BC.

Discussion thread

This is the place to go to iron out the exact rules and game play issues we'll be using. To avoid it turning into a big confused mess it would be handy if you could organize a couple of spokespeople to debate there on your behalf, although this is of course entirely up to you.

Hope to see you in there soon.

Kentonio
Old January 8, 2003, 16:41   #20
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

I highly recommend multiplayer demo games, for those who haven't played them yet, in addition to the strategy discussioins, there are trust issues that add a great new dimension to the game. I just hope that the Apolytoners pick a civ I like, and policies I agree with.
Old January 8, 2003, 16:49   #21
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 15:45
I'm completely in favor of a multisite DemoGame. I lmight go with a French Speaking team if we're enough to make one
Old January 10, 2003, 19:28   #22
OmniMower
Settler

Hi guys...

... do you have a representative in the UN Forum at 1BigCommunity yet?

/Omni
Old January 11, 2003, 11:12   #23
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

I'm in - if I read the previous posts correctly - these Apolyton players are also in:

Spiffor, Kloreep, GhengisFarb, adaMada, realpolitic.

Unclear about:

Meshelic, CalcII and Sheik.

I'm sure if we put a call out for members, with more details on the game, the opponents, the parameters, etc, we would get a larger response. A Call to Arms!!!

I would suggest that even with the 6 who are in that we could make this work. The Vox Controli team in the ptw-demo game works great with just the 5 of us.

I do not mind being the contact person and organizer here at Apolyton, unless one of the aforementioned individuals are dying to to it. Let me know.
Old January 11, 2003, 11:14   #24
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:45
I'd like to join, but assuming that I am elected to the position of FAM I will be unable to actively participate until at least term 8 is over.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old January 11, 2003, 12:11   #25
kentonio
Chieftain

We are looking at at least a month until we get all the details worked out i would think. We just need a representative at the moment at the UN to fight your corner over the rules you want to play under. Naervod is representing CFC, im representing CDG and I believe Mongoose is representing 1BC. Once you pick someone just come along to the UN and we'll start the debate.

Kentonio
Old January 11, 2003, 12:20   #26
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 07:45
I can join, but it's the last DG I'm joining. 1=Good, 2=Stressed, 3=Spontaneous Failure of Bodily Systems.

I dunno wtf 4 equals, but I can handle 3.
Old January 11, 2003, 12:36   #27
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by kentonio
We are looking at at least a month until we get all the details worked out i would think. We just need a representative at the moment at the UN to fight your corner over the rules you want to play under. Naervod is representing CFC, im representing CDG and I believe Mongoose is representing 1BC. Once you pick someone just come along to the UN and we'll start the debate.

Kentonio
To my fellow Apolytonians. I am up for representing Apolyton.

But I am reasonably new to the site. 3rd month - post count 670. Member of demo game, very active member of PTW-demo game, 3 Apolyton pbem games.

If one of the longer-standing members wants to step up, I will understand. But I am more than willing to be Apolyton's rep. I would have a discussion with those interested in playing to get some idea of our preferences on game rules/set-up before I went to the UN.

So please let me know.
Old January 11, 2003, 12:46   #28
Crousto
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 14:45
I'm in too... but in the frenchspeaking team Spiffor mentionned above
We're 8 at the moment, so it sounds like we could make it. If some other frenchies wants to join us, check here . I promise you that we won't play in PINK
Old January 11, 2003, 12:52   #29
Beta
lifer
Deity

kentonio - OK for two teams?

An Apolyton Regular Team and an Apolyton French Team.

(and I think they should be required to play the French )
Old January 11, 2003, 13:18   #30
Crousto
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 14:45
Note that this is not a strictly Apolyton team... Most players come from a french forum and don't post at Apolyton's one, but some frenchspeaking Apolyton members prefer to join this french team